CFL's Winnipeg Blue Bombers add Maybin...

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=374013

I know its a couple of weeks old but its funny that the CFL is already thinking about him lol

"The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have added linebacker Aaron Maybin to their negotiation list, one day after the former Buffalo Bills first-round pick signed a one-year deal with the New York Jets.

The move is more of a long-term plan for the Bombers, who will own Maybin's rights if he can't make it work with the Jets or any another team.

Maybin was waived by the Bills on Monday following two disappointing seasons in which he had no sacks and never made it into the starting lineup. The Bills made him the 11th overall pick in 2009 out of Penn State.

Maybin will serve as a backup to David Harris, Bart Scott, Bryan Thomas and Calvin Pace if he makes the NFL team."

Edited by figoferreira

He'd probably tear it up in the CFL. Linebackers are alot smaller cause they have to cover more field

Agreed. He'll probably be their MVP

That I could live with. If he tore it up with the Jets, I'd puke....not that I believe he has a chance of ever being an impact player in the NFL.

He'd probably tear it up in the CFL. Linebackers are alot smaller cause they have to cover more field

I dont know, he never seemed very athletic to me. He doesnt fit his body, almost like an awkward 8th grader that has grown like crazy but is coordinated to his body yet. he isnt nearly as bad as Hardy was though. i doubt he even has success in the CFL. My guess is teh lighter/quicker O lineman are going to be an even worse nightmare for Maybin Mayhem

The whole co-ordination thing could be a sign that he has used 'roids to bulk up

This is not news, the CFL teams all have "negotiations lists" with almost all NFL players that get released let go. They add players all the time, especially guys that may have potential that won't stick in the NFL. This way if they don't make the NFL, it gives a CFL team their rights to try and sign them

As a die hard Blue Bombers fan (raised in the small town of Winnipeg), the Bombers have one of the best front fours in the CFL. In fact, their sack leader, Phillip Hunt, signed with the Eagles this year and looks to be the next Cameron Wake.

If I was the Bills, I would keep an eye on Odell Willis of the Bombers. He is tearing it up in the CFL and has all the tools to be a good NFL lineman. He will sign with the NFL somewhere next year.

Known as the “cultural cradle of Canada”, Winnipeg is home to Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet, the Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre, Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra and so much more. The city also boasts a proud aboriginal heritage as the heart of Canada’s historic fur trade. Festivals abound in Manitoba’s capital with a year-round slate of activity including Festival du Voyageur, Folklorama and the Winnipeg Folk Festival. Here, theatre season is alight with talent, excitement and star power. Winnipeg also offers an impressive and inspiring arts scene, from the world’s largest collection of Inuit Art, to modern canvases covered in spray paint to locally-made handicrafts.

Here ya go, Aaron - good luck in The 'Peg...

Things to Do in Winnipeg

Winnipeg Realtors