4-0 IS VERY POSSIBLE!!!!

Any number of wins is possible, but the op is on the pipe. I think I am one of the optimistic fans until I see a post like this. Obviously if Brady goes down week one it makes 4-0 much more likely, but lets speak in "on paper" hypothetical. 2-2 is likely. 3-1 slightly less likely. 1-3, 0-4, and 4-0 are hard to imagine with this team. KC was a division champ, and a tough place to play, if you pencil that a victory, you had better at least have the eraser standing by. Losing to either Oak. or Cin. would be disappointing. Beating the Pats would be a miracle at this point.

09/11 @ Kansas City Chiefs would be a good win

09/18 Oakland Raiders should be a win

09/25 New England Patriots not happening

10/02 @ Cincinnati Bengals should win

10/9 Philadelphia Eagles not happening

10/16 @ New York Giants toss up

10/23 Bye

10/30 Washington Redskins (Tor) should win

11/06 New York Jets should lose

11/13 @ Dallas Cowboys would be good

11/20 @ Miami Dolphins should win

11/27 @ New York Jets Toss up

12/04 Tennessee Titans should win

12/11 @ San Diego Chargers Should lose

12/18 Miami Dolphins Should Win

12/24 Denver Broncos Should Win

1/01 @ New England Patriots Should Lose

I see a 6-10 win team this year unless something major happens. 6 wins if we only win what we should, 10 if we pull out the toss ups and tough wins. We are not a bottom feeder this season, we are definitely not the shark either though.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no doubt we have big challenges early. We might do well to just stay healthy.

KC is one of the teams we have been built up by design to beat, imho. So this game says alot to the coaches and Nix as to how far along they are. Stop the run and force the pass.

Its gonna be tough at their house regardless.

I still think the first game will create a mindset for the team. Win or lose. But the Oakland game we are going to need a win just to develop a winning attitude.

The 2 most important games out of the five in question are KC and Oakland.I think we need to stop the run on Kc even if we lose. and we really need the offense to win againast Oakland.

Edited by 3rdand12

Maybe it's better to say your logic isn't persuasive. You haven't persuaded many people here and we're all Bills fans!

Just because the Raiders are the Raiders doesn't mean we will beat them. We have an all-time losing record against the Raiders and dropped 4 of the last 5. Regardless of what you think of Campbell, the Raider offense was in the Top Ten last year in both yards and points - far better than ours.

Just because you say we will sack Brady doesn't mean we will. Yep, our D looks to be much improved. But I wonder if our O Line will protect Fitz better than their O Line will protect Brady???

Just because we "always" beat the Bengals doesn't mean we will this year. Streaks come to conclusions. The 2011 Bills and 2011 Bengals are not the Bills and Bengals of the past.

Man, I really hope you are right! I would love to see it! And I'll grant it's "possible" as you say in your headline - just not "very possible." Simple random luck says the chances of being 4-0 (assuming the outcome of any game is 50-50) is 1-in-16. I think 2-2 is a more likely record for the Bills after four games. But I hope I have to eat my words when your prediction comes true.

it persuaded me.

ok so we beat the pats and lose to the bengals.

at the end of the day, 4-0 is possible. i guess just as much as not or impossible.

"@ Bengals

We always beat them."

By this logic, we'll lose to the Pats. :cry:

What's your problem???

i had already clarified the use of always. there is no such thing as always. happy???? sorry for not going into nerdy specifics. so to clarify for the 2nd time, we have a current win streak against the bengals. So i am assuming we will beat them again.

ps. dont be annoying

Any number of wins is possible, but the op is on the pipe. I think I am one of the optimistic fans until I see a post like this. Obviously if Brady goes down week one it makes 4-0 much more likely, but lets speak in "on paper" hypothetical. 2-2 is likely. 3-1 slightly less likely. 1-3, 0-4, and 4-0 are hard to imagine with this team. KC was a division champ, and a tough place to play, if you pencil that a victory, you had better at least have the eraser standing by. Losing to either Oak. or Cin. would be disappointing. Beating the Pats would be a miracle at this point.

09/11 @ Kansas City Chiefs would be a good win

09/18 Oakland Raiders should be a win

09/25 New England Patriots not happening

10/02 @ Cincinnati Bengals should win

10/9 Philadelphia Eagles not happening

10/16 @ New York Giants toss up

10/23 Bye

10/30 Washington Redskins (Tor) should win

11/06 New York Jets should lose

11/13 @ Dallas Cowboys would be good

11/20 @ Miami Dolphins should win

11/27 @ New York Jets Toss up

12/04 Tennessee Titans should win

12/11 @ San Diego Chargers Should lose

12/18 Miami Dolphins Should Win

12/24 Denver Broncos Should Win

1/01 @ New England Patriots Should Lose

I see a 6-10 win team this year unless something major happens. 6 wins if we only win what we should, 10 if we pull out the toss ups and tough wins. We are not a bottom feeder this season, we are definitely not the shark either though.

what the hell is wrong with everybody????? here i am being positive, and its like im the devil.

ps. you are right about kc. such a hard place to win, that they needed ot to beat us. we were last against the run. they were in the top 5 rushing. and still needed ot. lol!

where is the senator when you need him?

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

• 2 weeks later...

IMO, it's conceivable to be 4-0, but it's the next 7 games that have worried me since the schedule came out. We've sucked in 'Tron-o' since this terrible thing began, 2 games vs. NYJ, @ Dallas & NYG & the Dream Team.

IF we're 4-0, we're likely to be 5-6 after that segment..

I am wondering if all the miserable fans heads will explode if we actually beat the pats this year.....

As an official miserable fan, I think there's about a 50/50 chance of my head exploding if we beat the Pats.

Of course, since we have a .00000000000001% chance of doing that, I'm not too worried about it.

As an official miserable fan, I think there's about a 50/50 chance of my head exploding if we beat the Pats.

Of course, since we have a .00000000000001% chance of doing that, I'm not too worried about it.

To quote Jack Napier, 'Why, Ekhardt, you oughta think about the future..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpylGd5s93E

Until we actually beat the Patriots*, I will never predict a "W" vs. them*...

Asterisks, please <_<

(fixed)

Edited by The Senator

Too soon to project anything beyond starting time for Sunday's game.

I agree it was a great start, but Buffalo went 5-0 not that long ago and finished with a season that made me want to vomit.

The Bills have to FORGET last week, and IGNORE next week.

There is only the Raiders game. Everything else is a distraction.

I am not going to have any expectations this year.

........Go Bills!

@ Kc

If we want to go 4-0, it all starts with a road win @ Kc. Very winnable game. The rams scored 2tds on their first two drives vs chiefs. Our offense can do the same. Brady's boy toy Matt C did ZERO against ram's defense. With our new defense, maybe we could do the same. Kc's major offense is the run. We have the foundation to stop it, I believe. The drawback is their home field advantage.

Host Raiders

The raiders are the raiders. Home field advantage should give us this win.

Host pats

With the momentum of 2 wins and being at home, this is the year we finally beat them. Plus we have the pass rushing attack that is needed to drop brady on his ass. We win a close one.

@ Bengals

We always beat them. Im glad we can say that about somebody.

Host eagles

Lose this one. Record 4-1 By the way, who knows? Having the 12th man doesnt hurt. 5-0???? Okay lets stop the dreaming right?

Anyone else agree???? or disagree?

The Pats are going to destroy us.

The other games are toss ups

Destroy? That's a strong prediction for a team that just exploded out of the gate. Our match up with the Pats will be the measuring stick for us, for sure, so we'll see. It is going to be interesting to watch the Pats/Dolphins game tonight, I want to see this hype machine in action.

4-0 is possible but dial back the enthusiasm a little. We have to beat Oakland first. Beating NE will be a monumental challenge and the first true measure of this team. Cinci did not look that bad either yesterday.

PTR

Pfft, after what I saw yesterday, I'm with the Senator on this one, 19 and 0 Baby!!!!! :nana:

I think it's pretty simple whenever we're talking about The Bills and Playoff possibilities...First and foremost, the Bills MUST win consistently at Home...They already can finish no worse than 1-7 on the Road...So win every Home Game and they're no worse than 9-7 right?... ;)

Now I fully understand The Bills will probably not go 8-0 at Home...But they will also more than likely Win a couple more Road games...So for me the key is STILL to go no worse than 6-2 at Home, and from this point on go no worse than 3-4 on The road...That's 10-6 minimum and gives them a pretty good chance at a Playoff spot...So if they do what they need to and beat the Raiders next Sunday The Bills only have to go 5-3 at Home, and 3-4 on The Road, to reach 10-6...

Play well at Home and it's all do-able IMHO... B-)

4-0 is possible but dial back the enthusiasm a little. We have to beat Oakland first. Beating NE will be a monumental challenge and the first true measure of this team. Cinci did not look that bad either yesterday.

PTR

I thought that 3-1 was a realistic chance for the Bills. After yesterday, 4-0 may not be as absurd as it sounds.

Nevertheless, we have to take this one game at a time. The Bills made a statement yesterday, and now they will not catch anyone off guard.

On paper the Bills should beat the Raiders, but we have to wait and see, and we'll all be watching tonight's Broncos-Raiders game with great interest.