Your 53 Man Roster and Practice Squad...

Astrobot

QB: Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen, Brad Smith (3)

RB: Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller, J. White (3)

FB: Corey McIntyre (1)

WR: Steve Johnson, Roscoe Parrish, David Nelson, Donald Jones, Marcus Easley, Naaman Roosevelt (6)

TE: Scott Chandler, Mike Caussin (2)

OT: Demetrius Bell, Erik Pears, Chris Hairston (3)

OC: Eric Wood, George Hangartner (2)

OG: Andy Levitre, Kraig Urbik, Chad Rinehart, Cordaro Howard (4)

DE: Marcell Dareus, Dwan Edwards, Alex Carrington, Spencer Johnson (4)

NT: Kyle Williams, Torrel Troup, Michael Jasper (3)

OLB: Shawne Merriman, Chris Kelsay, Danny Batten, Antonio Coleman, Arthur Moats (5)

ILB: Andra Davis, Nick Barnett, Kelvin Sheppard, Kirk Morrison, Chris White (5)

CB: Drayton Florence, Terrence McGee, Leodis McKelvin, Aaron Williams, Reggie Corner(5)

S: George Wilson, Jairus Byrd, Da'Norris Searcy, Brian Scott (4)

ST: Brian Moorman, Ryan Lindell, Garrison Sanborn (3)

This is my list exactly, with one slight note. I think jasper has potential and we don't want to lose him, but Heard has out played him so far this pre-season, and deserves the spot over Jasper.

other than that, this is the team I'd go with.

Tim-

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with your roster for the most part and commend you on taking the time to this! I wouldn't be surprised if Ball makes the team at rb and White ends up on the practice squad. I also beleive that Aiken will make the team over Buster Davis. Naaman Roosevelt might end up cut as well, they have some tough choices. If they're going on performance only then I don't beleive Johnny White, Roosevelt, or Buster make the 53 man roster.

You mean Hall, and I could see that happening. Hall is a downfield runner, 1-cut type whereas Spiller is more of a "jukers wild" type. White probably would clear waivers due to his injury. I don't think Kamar Aiken or Buster Davis make the team. Roosevelt is possibly the 7th WR which wouldn't be outlandish from a team doing 4-WR sets.

Here's a new 53-man roster and depth chart by Brian Galliford:

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/8/29/2390928/buffalo-bills-53-man-roster-projection-take-four

Galliford's 53:

QB (3): Fitzpatrick, Thigpen, Smith

RB (3): Jackson, Spiller, White

FB (1): McIntyre

WR (6): Johnson, Jones, Parrish, Nelson, Roosevelt, Easley

TE (2): Chandler, Martin

OT (4): Bell, Pears, Wang, Hairston

OG (4): Levitre, Urbik, Rinehart, Wrotto

C (1): Wood

DE (4): Dareus, Johnson, Edwards, Heard

NT (2): Williams, Troup

OLB (5): Merriman, Kelsay, Carrington, Coleman, Batten

ILB (6): Barnett, Davis, Morrison, Sheppard, Moats, White

CB (5): Florence, McGee, McKelvin, Williams, Corner

S (4): Byrd, Wilson, Scott, Searcy

SP (3): Lindell, Moorman, Sanborn

Quarterback (3): Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen, Brad Smith

Running Back (3): Fred Jackson, C.J. Spiller, Johnny White

Fullback (1): Corey McIntyre

Wide Receiver (5): Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones, Roscoe Parrish, David Nelson, Marcus Easley

Tight End (2): Scott Chandler, Mike Caussin

Offensive Line (9): Demetrius Bell, Erik Pears, Chris Hairston, Ed Wang, Eric Wood, Andy Levitre, Chad Rinehart, Kraig Urbik, Geoff Hangartner

Defensive Line (8): Marcell Dareus, Alex Carrington, Kyle Williams, Torell Troup, Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson, Kellen Heard, Michael Jasper

Linebacker (9): Andra Davis, Kelvin Sheppard, Chris White, Chris Kelsay, Nick Barnett, Arthur Moats, Danny Batten, Shawne Merriman, Kirk Morrison

Cornerback (6): Leodis McKelvin, Drayton Florence, Terrence McGee, Aaron Williams, Reggie Corner, Justin Rogers

Safety (4): Jairus Byrd, George Wilson, Da'Norris Searcy, Bryan Scott

Punter (1): Brian Moorman

Kicker (1): Rian Lindell

Long Snapper (1): Danny Aiken

PS:

Antiono Coleman

Naaman Rooseveldt

Jammie Kirlew

Kamar Aiken

Joshua Nesbitt

Lionel Dotson

2x waiverwire pickups

I put Jasper on the roster as the inactive project, Jon Corto and Felton Huggins have basicly been the heart of our special teams the last couple of years, one of them could still make the team with Jasper getting cut. Building through the draft also means that they arent going to cut their draft picks, Wang will get another year. Spots I had/have doubts over are Bryan Scott, Michael Jasper, Ed Wang; I think Danny Aiken has Sanborn beat. Rooseveldt will survive the waiverwire (due to his measureables) where as Easley as 107th overall in 2010 draft is too valueable/risky to cut. Justin Rogers makes the roster simply because 9 DBS isnt enough and he's a Nix/Gailey draft pick. 5 WR's since Brad Smith basicly is #6 WR, 2 TE's since we dont use 2 TE sets.

Edited by bladiebla

Quarterback (3): Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen, Brad Smith

Running Back (3): Fred Jackson, C.J. Spiller, Johnny White

Fullback (1): Corey McIntyre

Wide Receiver (5): Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones, Roscoe Parrish, David Nelson, Marcus Easley

Tight End (2): Scott Chandler, Mike Caussin

Offensive Line (9): Demetrius Bell, Erik Pears, Chris Hairston, Ed Wang, Eric Wood, Andy Levitre, Chad Rinehart, Kraig Urbik, Geoff Hangartner

Defensive Line (8): Marcell Dareus, Alex Carrington, Kyle Williams, Torell Troup, Dwan Edwards, Spencer Johnson, Kellen Heard, Michael Jasper

Linebacker (9): Andra Davis, Kelvin Sheppard, Chris White, Chris Kelsay, Nick Barnett, Arthur Moats, Danny Batten, Shawne Merriman, Kirk Morrison

Cornerback (6): Leodis McKelvin, Drayton Florence, Terrence McGee, Aaron Williams, Reggie Corner, Justin Rogers

Safety (4): Jairus Byrd, George Wilson, Da'Norris Searcy, Bryan Scott

Punter (1): Brian Moorman

Kicker (1): Rian Lindell

Long Snapper (1): Danny Aiken

PS:

Antiono Coleman

Naaman Rooseveldt

Jammie Kirlew

Kamar Aiken

Joshua Nesbitt

3x waiverwire pickups

I put Jasper on the roster as the inactive project, Jon Corto and Felton Huggins have basicly been the heart of our special teams the last couple of years, one of them could still make the team with Jasper getting cut. Building through the draft also means that they arent going to cut their draft picks, Wang will get another year. Spots I had/have doubts over are Bryan Scott, Michael Jasper, Ed Wang; I think Danny Aiken has Sanborn beat. Rooseveldt will survive the waiverwire (due to his measureables) where as Easley as 107th overall in 2010 draft is too valueable/risky to cut. Justin Rogers makes the roster simply because 9 DBS isnt enough and he's a Nix/Gailey draft pick. 5 WR's since Brad Smith basicly is #6 WR, 2 TE's since we dont use 2 TE sets.

5 WR's even adding BSmith sounds too few for a team using 4 WR sets. How about adding Roosevelt or Aiken and deleting a D-line guy?

Stop putting Huggins on the PS, he's not eligible anymore.

Why is he not eligible? I thought this was discussed in a thread 2-3 weeks ago and he was one game shy of the limit, and was therefore still eligible.

He has three years on PS (2007, 2008 and 2009 and 2010 on Waived/IR) has he not? The rules under the new cba are (clarified old rules):

The Practice Squad shall consist of the following players, provided that they have not served more than two previous seasons on a Practice Squad: (i) players who do not have an Accrued Season of NFL experience; and (ii) free agent players who were on the Active List for fewer than nine regular season games during their only Ac-crued Season(s). An otherwise eligible player may be a Practice Squad player for a third season only if the Club by which he is employed that season has at least 53 players on its Active/Inactive List during the entire period of his employment.

Hence he allready spend 3 years on PS and therefor isnt eligible anymore. Do you happen to know the thread this was discussed in (find didnt do much for me other then find this discussion lol).

Edited by bladiebla

He has three years on PS (2007, 2008 and 2009 and 2010 on Waived/IR) has he not? The rules under the new cba are (clarified old rules):

The Practice Squad shall consist of the following players, provided that they have not served more than two previous seasons on a Practice Squad: (i) players who do not have an Accrued Season of NFL experience; and (ii) free agent players who were on the Active List for fewer than nine regular season games during their only Ac-crued Season(s). An otherwise eligible player may be a Practice Squad player for a third season only if the Club by which he is employed that season has at least 53 players on its Active/Inactive List during the entire period of his employment.

Hence he allready spend 3 years on PS and therefor isnt eligible anymore. Do you happen to know the thread this was discussed in (find didnt do much for me other then find this discussion lol).

Crud, I can't find it either, and now think I'm remembering wrong. I now think (but no longer trust myself) that the conversation was about Roosevelt, not Huggins.

That said, I think Naaaman has earned a spot on the team with a great training camp. But, he could still be the odd one out to the PS if they try to keep Aiken.

My 53:

2 Quarterbacks - Cutting Levi Brown

14 Ryan Fitzpatrick

4 Tyler Thigpen

(Brad Smith is the 3rd QB)

4 Running Backs - Cutting Jehuu Caulcrick FB, Bruce Hall.

22 Fred Jackson

28 C. J. Spiller

38 Corey McIntyre FB

8 Wide Receivers - Cutting Buster Davis

13 Steve Johnson

19 Donald Jones

86 David Nelson

11 Roscoe Parrish

18 Naaman Roosevelt

16 Brad Smith WR/QB

83 Ruvell Martin

81 Marcus Easley

2 Tight Ends - Surprise Cut of Shawn Nelson, Cutting Mike Caussin

84 Scott Chandler

80 David Martin

10 Offensive Linemen- Cutting Michael Switzer C, Ed Wang T, Cordaro Howard T, Jason Watkins T

77 Demetrius Bell T

74 Colin Brown T

75 Chris Hairston T

61 Mansfield Wrotto T

79 Erik Pears T

70 Eric Wood C/G

63 Geoff Hangartner C

67 Andy Levitre G

76 Chad Rinehart G

60 Kraig Urbik G

7 Defensive Linemen- Cutting T. J. Langley DE

92 Alex Carrington DE

99 Marcell Dareus DE

98 Dwan Edwards DE

91 Spencer Johnson DE

95 Kyle Williams NT

72 Kellen Heard NT

96 Torell Troup NT

9 Linebackers- Surprise (!)Cut Chris Kelsey, Cutting Brandon Hicks ILB, Jammie Kirlew OLB/DE, Brad Jefferson ILB

50 Nick Barnett ILB

54 Andra Davis ILB

55 Kelvin Sheppard ILB

58 Kirk Morrison ILB

56 Shawne Merriman OLB

57 Danny Batten OLB

52 Arthur Moats OLB/DE

48 Robert Eddins OLB

59 Antonio Coleman OLB

9 Defensive Backs - Cutting Doyle Miller CB, Sidney Glover SS, Reggie Corner CB

31 Jairus Byrd FS

33 Jon Corto FS

43 Bryan Scott SS

25 Da'Norris Searcy SS

37 George Wilson SS

29 Drayton Florence CB

24 Terrence McGee CB

23 Aaron Williams CB

21 Leodis McKelvin CB

3 Special Teams- Cutting Danny Aiken

65 Garrison Sanborn LS

9 Rian Lindell K

8 Brian Moorman P

8 Practice Squad

47 Joshua Nesbitt FS/QB/RB

87 Zach Pianalto

88 Kamar Aiken WR

15 Felton Huggins WR

69 Michael Jasper NT

97 Lionel Dotson DE

94 Chris White ILB

35 Johnny White RB

I think this looks pretty accurate but I would imagine the Bills having one more CB on the roster and maybe one less lb.

At the end of the day I think Michael Jasper is going to go on the practice squad.

While he blocks a lot of sun in the middle....I thought he got pushed around a bit in Saturdays game and that was against backups...I stil think he has lot of potential but he really needs to work on getting his pad level down lower.

I think the bills will chance him on the practice squad to make sure they keep both Dwan Edwards and Spencer Johnson on the team

I don't believe there's a huge risk of losing Jasper if he is placed on the PS. After all, if his technique is as raw as most have noted, it's not as if another NFL team can afford the luxury of having him take up a roster spot. We're talking about a guy who, right now, is a liability if you play him in a "real" game.

Jasper spends a year on the PS and depending upon how he develops, either makes it on the team in 2012 or becomes just another interesting footnote to the 2011 draft.

This is my list exactly, with one slight note. I think jasper has potential and we don't want to lose him, but Heard has out played him so far this pre-season, and deserves the spot over Jasper.

other than that, this is the team I'd go with.

Tim-

That's my reason as well, on merit alone Heard should make the roster instead of him, but he was their 7 round project and they will continue to teach him. I don't know the extend of Heard's injury but missing the Jags game didn't help his chances.

I've searched and searched, but can't substantiate the rumor about David Nelson, so I'm adding Nelson.

But whom do I cut?

Must have been a false acc - a nice Christian girl like

Kelsi

wouldn't be dating a guy with character flaws!

"He went to my high school. Kid is a hell of a player and he keeps his nose clean. Hoping he does well in the pros." (Link - David Nelson/Kelly Reich)

I think you have to cut either Roosevelt or Jones.

Edited by The Senator

1. Fitzpatrick

2. Thigpen

3. Smith

4. Jackson

5. Spiller

6. White

7. McIntyre

8. Johnson

9. Easley

10. Jones

11. Parrish

12. Nelson

13. Roosevelt

14. Chandler

15. Martin

16. Caussin (SLEEPER)

17. Bell

18. Levitre

20. Wood

21. Urbik

22. Pears

23. Hairston

24. Rinehart

25. Howard

26. Sanborn

27. Morman

28. Lindell

29. Dareus

30. Edwards

31. Johnson

32. Carringon

33. Williams

34. Troup

35. Heard

36. Merriman

37. Kelsay

38. Batten

39. Coalman

40. Moats

41. Barnett

42. Morrison

43. Davis

44. Sheppard

45. Florence

46. McKelvin

47. Williams

48. Corner

49. McGee

50. Wilson

51. Scott

52. Byrd

53. Searcy

PS

Brown

Aiken

White

Rodgers

Huggins (if he's eligible, not sure)

Jasper

Eddins

Pinalto

I also don't think they should take a chance by putting Jasper on the ps. We know he is very raw and was getting pushed around in the last game.

However, I question the coaching staff! What is he being taught? If he is pushed around more so than clogging lanes and smashing people one on one, than what is he being taught. Developement of these young players is crucial. I just really question the coaching staff.

I know he's raw, but 400 pounds.......

8. Johnson

9. Easley

10. Jones

11. Parrish

12. Nelson

13. Roosevelt

JMO, but I don't think they signed Ruvell Martin just to cut him 2 weeks later - Donald Jones' 'head injury' (concussion?) may be worse than we know, otherwise I think Naaman Roosevelt might be odd-man-out.

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick

2. Tyler Thigpen

3. Brad Smith

4. Fred Jackson

5. CJ Spiller

6. Johnny White

7. Corey McIntyre

8. Scott Chandler

9. Mike Caussin

10. Steve Johnson

11. Marcus Easley

12. Roscoe Parrish

13. David Nelson

14. Donald Jones

15. Kamar Aiken

16. Naaman Roosevelt

17. Demitrius Bell

18. Andy Levitre

19. Eric Wood

20. Craig Urbik

21. Eric Pears

22. Chris Hairston

23. Chad Rhinehart

24. Geoff Hangartner

25. Cordaro Howard

26. Marcell Dareus

27. Kyle Williams

28. Dwan Edwards

29. Alex Carrington

30. Torell Troupe

31. Spencer Johnson

32. Kellen Heard

33. Shawne Merriman

34. Nick Barnett

35. Andra Davis

36. Chris Kelsay

37. Danny Batten

38. Kirk Morrison

39. Kelvin Sheppard

40. Arthur Moats

41. Antonio Coleman

42. Terrence McGee

43. Drayton Florence

44. Leodis McKelvin

45. Aaron Williams

46. Reggie Corner

47. Jairus Byrd

48. George Wilson

49. Byran Scott

50. Da'Norris Searcy

51. Brian Moorman

52. Rian Lindell

53. Garrison Sanborn

PS

1. Michael Jasper

2. Josh Nesbitt

3. Justin Rogers

4. Chris White

5. Robert Eddins

6. Zack Pianalto

7. Jammie Kerlew

8. Felton Huggins

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick

2. Tyler Thigpen

3. Brad Smith

4. Fred Jackson

5. CJ Spiller

6. Johnny White

7. Corey McIntyre

8. Scott Chandler

9. Mike Caussin

10. Steve Johnson

11. Marcus Easley

12. Roscoe Parrish

13. David Nelson

14. Donald Jones

15. Kamar Aiken

16. Naaman Roosevelt

17. Demitrius Bell

18. Andy Levitre

19. Eric Wood

20. Craig Urbik

21. Eric Pears

22. Chris Hairston

23. Chad Rhinehart

24. Geoff Hangartner

25. Cordaro Howard

26. Marcell Dareus

27. Kyle Williams

28. Dwan Edwards

29. Alex Carrington

30. Torell Troupe

31. Spencer Johnson

32. Kellen Heard

33. Shawne Merriman

34. Nick Barnett

35. Andra Davis

36. Chris Kelsay

37. Danny Batten

38. Kirk Morrison

39. Kelvin Sheppard

40. Arthur Moats

41. Antonio Coleman

42. Terrence McGee

43. Drayton Florence

44. Leodis McKelvin

45. Aaron Williams

46. Reggie Corner

47. Jairus Byrd

48. George Wilson

49. Byran Scott

50. Da'Norris Searcy

51. Brian Moorman

52. Rian Lindell

53. Garrison Sanborn

PS

1. Michael Jasper

2. Josh Nesbitt

3. Justin Rogers

4. Chris White

5. Robert Eddins

6. Zack Pianalto

7. Jammie Kerlew

8. Felton Huggins

Can't argue with it. Maybe Cordaro gets replaced by a waived player, but you may have hit it. :thumbsup:

QB

1. Fitzpatrick*

2. Thigpen

3. Smith

RB/FB

4. Jackson*

5. Spiller

6. White

7. McIntyre*

WR

8. Johnson*

9. Nelson*

10. Jones

11. Parrish

12. Roosevelt- WRONG

48. Easley

TE

13. Chandler*

14. Martin

49. Caussin** WRONG

OL

15. Bell*

16. Levitre*

17. Wood*

18. Urbik*

19. Pears*

20. Hairston

21. Howard WRONG

22. Hangartner**

50. Rhinehart

53. Wang** WRONG

DL

23. Dareus*

24. Edwards*

25. Williams*

26. Carrington

27. Troup

28. Johnson

52. Jasper** WRONG

LB

29. Merriman*

30. Kelsay*

31. Barnett*

32. Davis*

33. Coleman WRONG

34. Batten

35. Morrison

36. Sheppard

51. Moats**

CB/S

37. McGee*

38. Florence*

39. Wilson*

40. Byrd*

41. McKelvin

42. Williams

43. Searcy

44. Scott**

Special Teams

45. Lindell

46. Moorman

47. Sanborn

Practice Squad

1. Rogers

2. Heard

3. Aiken (WR)

4. White

5. Nesbitt

6. Pianalto

7. Langley

8.Caulcrick

Edited by NoJustice

Here's my 53 man roster. Pretty predictable but I believe the Bills won't make many surprising cuts. My biggest cuts are Geoff Hangartner and Shawn Nelson. Of those 2, Hangman has a better chance of making the roster as a backup Center but his price tag holds him back. I have a hard time believing they will only keep 2 tight ends but I had to narrow the roster down and Caussin was one of the final cuts. I'll put him on the PS. Also, Kellen Heard was a tough decision. I still don't see him making it...

3 Quarterbacks:Ryan Fitzpatrick, Tyler Thigpen, Brad Smith

3 Running Backs: Fred Jackson, C. J. Spiller, Johnny White

1 FB: Corey McIntyre FB

6 Wide Receivers: Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones, Roscoe Parrish, Naaman Roosevelt, David Nelson. Marcus Easley

2 Tight Ends: Scott Chandler, David Martin

10 Offensive Linemen: Demetrius Bell T, Chris Hairston T, Mansfield Wrotto T, Erik Pears T, Eric Wood C/G, Andy Levitre G, Chad Rinehart G, Kraig Urbik G, Cordaro Howard T, I'm reserving this spot for someone we pick up that gets cut on the final cut down day (September 3rd). If we don't go that route, it's going to be Ed Wang.

6 Defensive Linemen: Alex Carrington DE, Marcell Dareus DE, Dwan Edwards DE, Spencer Johnson DE, Kyle Williams NT, Torell Troup NT

9 Linebackers: Nick Barnett ILB, Andra Davis ILB, Kelvin Sheppard ILB, Kirk Morrison ILB, Shawne Merriman OLB, Danny Batten OLB, Arthur Moats OLB/DE, Antonio Coleman OLB, Chris Kelsay OLB

10 Defensive Backs: Jairus Byrd FS, Jon Corto FS, Bryan Scott SS, Da'Norris Searcy SS, George Wilson SS, Drayton Florence CB, Terrence McGee CB, Aaron Williams CB, Leodis McKelvin CB, Reggie Corner CB

3 Special Teams: Garrison Sanborn LS, Rian Lindell K, Brian Moorman P

8 Practice Squad

Robert Eddins LB

Mike Caussin TE

Kamar Aiken WR

Felton Huggins WR

Michael Jasper NT

Kellen Heard DT

Chris White ILB

Justin Rogers CB

Very reasonable....I think they keep Hang, myself, as a backup center. No way Wang over Hang. I think Cordero Howard may go.

I think they make a spot for Chris White somehow, as a special teamer if nothing else. White over Coleman perhaps?