bills trim roster to 81

Bills trim roster to 81. Release: RB Anthony Elzy, P Reid Forrest, WR Paul Hubbard, OL Isaiah Thompson, CB Loyce Means and DB Rajric Coleman.

Per Vtext

PTR

Hubbard looks the part of a fringe NFL wide receiver. He may well catch on somewhere. I liked Elzy too, despite the bad drop last night. Seemed to be a pretty good all-purpose back. Oh well, no big surprises obviously.

per bills text: bills release: RB anthony elzy, P Reid Forrest, WR Paul Hubbard, CB Loyce Means, OL Isaiah Thompson, DB Rajric Coleman

Forrest had a higher ypk than Moorman in the first 2 games.

Hubbard loses out only because of character, IMHO (intox)

Means had trouble in coverage

Coleman I really liked

I won't be surprised if they cut Elzy & Hubbard now hoping that other teams forget about them so they can sneak them over to the practice squad when the time comes.

Is Hubbard still eligible?

This reminds me of Chad Jackson last year. I think Chad Jackson led the team in preseason receiving and looked great to most fans, but he was nonetheless cut and must have been a fairly obvious one to the coaching staff considering they never thought to bring him back when our receiving core was so decimated by injuries.

Edited by johnnyb

Damn! Yet another Great Hope for a Tony Hunter-like, athletic TE kicked to the curb..

How many is that now?

Yeah, it's too bad. I really thought Nelson could be special in a year or two (now) when he learned to block.

After last nights game I'm suprised at both Elzy and Hubbard. They had thier share of mistakes but they were good on occassion. I thought it would have been close to male the team anyway but thought they deserved to male it till at least the final cuts.

Forrest had a higher ypk than Moorman in the first 2 games.

Hubbard loses out only because of character, IMHO (intox)

Means had trouble in coverage

Coleman I really liked

I thought the forrest kid looked terrible last night.

Just watched the 6 O'Clock news. They showed Hubbards game-tying TD catch - cut to Gailey talking about how preseason or not, the team showed character and it was a win they could build on. Then the announcement of the cuts and Hubbard being let go. It's pretty hard to catch the game tying score (didn't he get the 2-pt conversion, too?) and get yourself cut before the highlights run the next day.

I feel bad for Hubbard.(despite his legal troubles)