I know I have posted this Pearl Jam song before.....

The Poojer

but i just absolutely can listen to it over and over....i am so enthralled by the Hendrix influence...and I am not even a Pearl Jam fan(have become one of late)...but this song just gets me each and every time...i know its chic to make fun of the misheard lyrics, that aside, this song is so frigging awesome!!!!

but i just absolutely can listen to it over and over....i am so enthralled by the Hendrix influence...and I am not even a Pearl Jam fan(have become one of late)...but this song just gets me each and every time...i know its chic to make fun of the misheard lyrics, that aside, this song is so frigging awesome!!!!

great chorus on this one

like i said...never much of a pearl jam fan...this song with its hendrix-little wing overtones really just grabbed me and hasn't let go...i have come to appreciate eddie vedder in the past couple years, but there are still lingering songs that are like nails on a chalkboard for me....

youtube.com/watch?v=0Aqr_D8c1Sk

great chorus on this one

like i said...never much of a pearl jam fan...this song with its hendrix-little wing overtones really just grabbed me and hasn't let go...i have come to appreciate eddie vedder in the past couple years, but there are still lingering songs that are like nails on a chalkboard for me....

didn't watch this til after i replied, but i have heard this and really do like this song...A LOT!!!!! I really had one bad experience with them and let it define everything they did....(the song Alive or whatever it is droned on in my head as i fell asleep to SNL years ago...)...couldn't get myself beyond that

It's definitely a great song. Kinda makes me sad, but in a cathartic way.

Doc, I distinctly remember being half asleep and hearing that droning 'whoa whoa....' over and over in my head and that really left a bad taste with me...i know its pretty lame to use that as a bench mark, but it was the most annoying sound i had ever heard...again keep in mind i was half conscious...it took me a very long time to get past that with them...now...i can happily say i appreciate them a lot!

I loved the version of "Alive" they did on SNL, and "Black" was always a fave.

Have you seen them live? Always liked them, then I saw them, and was hooked. Usually they end their concerts with Yellow Ledbetter. Awesome. I will see them any chance I get.

Btw, this version of Corduroy makes me want to pick up the guitar again...

Edited by TPS

As far as I know they only did this the one time, so this is the best version I could find of it:

It was a pretty big deal out there when he did it, paying respect to IZ, and especially in Hawaiian. Very cool sound to it.

Edited by Faustus

As far as I know they only did this the one time, so this is the best version I could find of it:

It was a pretty big deal out there when he did it, paying respect to IZ, and especially Hawaiian. Very cool sound to it.

Thanks for that Faustus. I was fortunate enough to live and work there for several years, many years ago. A wonderul place and people.

youtube.com/watch?v=zjiy1fyHQ7I&feature=related

That was easily their most unique show that I've been to. Two nights earlier (same venue), they pretty much went with a "best of" set list, so for this one they went with quite a bit of their more obscure songs. Opening with Wash was the perfect example of that.

That was easily their most unique show that I've been to. Two nights earlier (same venue), they pretty much went with a "best of" set list, so for this one they went with quite a bit of their more obscure songs. Opening with Wash was the perfect example of that.

I was there too.. It was my 5th PJ show and probably the best I've ever seen. "Crown of Thorns" was the highlight for me.

Misheard lyrics? Ledbetter has no real lyrics. I can't count the number of different versions I've heard.

Wikipedia.

Regarding the song, Vedder said in an online chat that it was written around the time of the Gulf War, and added that "it's an anti-patriotic song, actually."[10] On August 7, 2008, at a solo performance in Newark, New Jersey at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center, Vedder took a question from the audience requesting that he explain the meaning of "Yellow Ledbetter". At first, Vedder joked, saying, "Wait...you mean there's lyrics?" He went on to talk about how the song took as its subject a friend of his from Seattle whose brother served in the first Gulf War. His friend received a "yellow letter" in the mail informing him that his brother had died in the war. Vedder and his friend then went for a walk. On this walk, the friend, whom Vedder described as "alternative-looking," happened by a house with an American flag flying, and people on the porch. He stopped and gestured to the flag, as if to salute it, however the people on the porch glared at him disapprovingly due to his appearance

PTR

This thread motivated me to get tickets to their September 15th show in Hamilton, Ont. Seats are off to the side of the stage, but Ed usually goes over and sings a song or two those seated in the crappy seats.

I was there too.. It was my 5th PJ show and probably the best I've ever seen. "Crown of Thorns" was the highlight for me.

You've got the shows mixed up a bit. They opened with Wash at a Mansfield show. Crown of Thorns was played at the arena. It was definitely the highlight of that show for me though too... and strangely enough, that was also my 5th PJ show.

Oh, and I think it's kind of funny that the song that won over Pooj is now 20 years old.

Oh, and I think it's kind of funny that the song that won over Pooj is now 20 years old.

with unintelligible lyrics that change from performance to performance, although I'm uncertain how anyone actually knows they change when they can't understand them in the 1st place.