People act like Brad Smith is some kind of dummy.

#34fan

He was an academic All-American at The University of Missouri. -A school many of the posters on this board could NEVER get into. Forget about his outstanding college performance at Mizzou. -At NYJ he seemed to have a positive effect on every play was involved in, whether it was throwing, recieving, of tackling a punt-returner. Why is his name not being mentioned as a possible starter at QB? It seems no matter how much Chan Gailey LOSES, people still think he's up to some higher purpose. Fitz, can go out and throw four interceptions without anyone questioning his decision-making. I guess I'm sick and tired of the backwards thinking of the southern gentry that runs this team. All I know is that if Brad Smith is our Starter in September, it will give opposing defenses ALOT more to think about, than just plain Fitz.

Edited by #34fan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was an academic All-American at The University of Missouri. -A school many of the posters on this board could NEVER get into. Forget about his outstanding college performance at Mizzou. -At NYJ he seemed to have a positive effect on every play was involved in, whether it was throwing, recieving, of tackling a punt-returner. Why is his name not being mentioned as a possible starter at QB? It seems no matter how much Chan Gailey LOSES, people still think he's up to some higher purpose. Fitz, can go out and throw four interceptions without anyone questioning his decision-making. I guess I'm sick and tired of the backwards thinking of the southern gentry that runs this team. All I know is that if Brad Smith is our Starter in September, it will give opposing defenses ALOT more to think about, than just plain Fitz.

Who acts like Brad Smith is some kind of dummy?

I've never acted like that. And I don't know anyone who has.

Who acts like Brad Smith is some kind of dummy?

It's implied by the omission of his name from the starting QB conversation. You always hear Chan described as an "offensive guru", and Fitz is called "one of the smartest QB's in the league" I've even heard Thigpen described as "Sharp". It seems the only time Smith gets any praise is when he does WHAT WE THINK he should do. -Performing his limited role. He's referred to as our wildcat QB, or our "Situational" guy, which hints that he COULDN'T be capable of standing under center. I submit that he COULD BE capable of this and much more. By the way, when will Fitz and Chan turn their superior intelligence into actual wins? I fear the answer to that is NEVER.

Totally agree.

I've also had it with people claiming that Kyle Williams lacks toughness because he pees sitting down! The man has done nothing except dominate on the field and give 100% every Sunday and people talk like he's some kind of pansy. He never misses games and plays through the pain but still people say hes soft. He's an LSU Tiger - a school most posters here aren't tough enough to get in to - but people think he's a wuss. I guess I'm just sick of people thinking its OK for Dareus to wear nail polish and mascara, but say Kyle is effeminate for sitting while he urinates.

Edited by Jauronimo

It's implied by the omission of his name from the starting QB conversation. You always hear Chan described as an "offensive guru", and Fitz is called "one of the smartest QB's in the league" I've even heard Thigpen described as "Sharp". It seems the only time Smith gets any praise is when he does WHAT WE THINK he should do. -Performing his limited role. He's referred to as our wildcat QB, or our "Situational" guy, which hints that he COULDN'T be capable of standing under center. I submit that he COULD BE capable of this and much more. By the way, when will Fitz and Chan turn their superior intelligence into actual wins? I fear the answer to that is NEVER.

Why so serious?

It has to do with his accuracy and ability as a pure thrower and pocket passer, not his intelligence. Most scouts didn't think he had what it took to be an NFL QB. The Jets, who drafted him, didn't. Chan is actually the first coach who is going to let him play some QB. He can throw, he probably cannot throw accurately on a consistent enough basis to be a full time starter. He's going to be fun to watch, and he's going to throw for us this year, both out of the wildcat, out of a regular QB position, and very likely on a couple trick plays. We'll see how accurate he is, hopefully good enough.

I have had it with people claiming that Kyle Williams lacks toughness because he pees sitting down! The man has done nothing except dominate on the field and give 100% every Sunday and people talk like he's some kind of pansy. He never misses games and plays through the pain but still people say hes soft. He's an LSU Tiger - a school most posters here aren't tough enough to get in to - but people think he's a wuss. I guess I'm just sick of people thinking its OK for Dareus to wear nail polish and mascara, but say Kyle is effeminate for sitting while he urinates.

Funny. I get what you're trying to say here, but I think my second post clarifies what I meant. As much as I apreciate your sarcasm sir, can you give me three reasons why Br. Smith CANNOT be a starter.

Funny. I get what you're trying to say here, but I think my second post clarifies what I meant. As much as I apreciate your sarcasm sir, can you give me three reasons why Br. Smith CANNOT be a starter.

For starters, he's too dumb. Everyone knows this.

Seriously though, He has poor accuracy, poor throwing mechanices, and cannot make all the throws required of an NFL QB. In summary, he's not a very good quarterback, the same reason Stephen Hawking isn't starting QB for the Bills. No one calls him dumb.

It has to do with his accuracy and ability as a pure thrower and pocket passer, not his intelligence. Most scouts didn't think he had what it took to be an NFL QB. The Jets, who drafted him, didn't. Chan is actually the first coach who is going to let him play some QB. He can throw, he probably cannot throw accurately on a consistent enough basis to be a full time starter. He's going to be fun to watch, and he's going to throw for us this year, both out of the wildcat, out of a regular QB position, and very likely on a couple trick plays. We'll see how accurate he is, hopefully good enough.

Ok, but think about it like this; There's people on this board that openly talk about trading for Tim Tebow. -and how accurate is that guy? How many game-breaking plays has Tebow made in his brief pro career? Tim Tebow has arguably THE WORST throwing motion of any QB taken in his class. Even the most optimistic sportscasters call him "A work in progress" Yet somehow, OP's talk about him like he's Tom frickin'Brady. All I'm saying is LOOK AT WHAT WE'VE GOT. Besides that, any player with the initials B. Smith deserves a shot. -Especially on the Buffalo Bills.

Edited by #34fan

Ok, but think about it like this; There's people on this board that openly talk about trading for Tim Tebow. -and how accurate is that guy? How many game-breaking plays has Tebow made in his brief pro career? Tim Tebow has arguably THE WORST throwing motion of any QB taken in his class. Even the most optimistic sportscasters call him "A work in progress" Yet somehow, OP's talk about him like he's Tom frickin'Brady. All I'm saying is LOOK AT WHAT WE'VE GOT. Besides that, any player with the initials B. Smith deserves a shot. -Especially on the Buffalo Bills.

How in the world did you make the logical progression from 'some people would like to see the Bills acquire Tebow' to 'people think Brad Smith is dumb?' :huh::wacko:

You're preaching to the choir about Tebow to me. I think he has no chance to be an every down QB in the NFL. To me, Brad Smith looks like he's an okay thrower and passer. There are hundreds and hundreds of former good and great college QBs who can pass a football well, and yet are just not good enough to play in the NFL. That's what Brad Smith looks like to me. But he is a very talented football player, so i love him on our team, and hope and predict he will play a lot and be successful. he will probably throw quite a few passes too. For what he is being asked to do, he doesn't have to be an every down NFL Caliber QB. He only has to be pretty good.

How in the world did you make the logical progression from 'some people would like to see the Bills acquire Tebow' to 'people think Brad Smith is dumb?' :huh::wacko:

I was actually addressing Kelly's comment about Smith's accuracy. -Please read through the posts next time.