Earthquake

DC Tom

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UNCONFIRMED reports are that the National Cathedral and Washington Monument may have suffered enough damage to put them at risk of collapse.

However, those reports are from the local Fox News affiliate, whose motto may as well be "never report accurately tomorrow what you can sensationalize today."

If you doubt it, then why tell us?

Nothing here in NorCal. In fact, I haven't felt a quake in over a year.

I shouldn't have spoke. :doh:

About 11:45 this evening I felt a 1-2 second jolt. Was a 3.9 about 12 miles away. Didn't even get up from the computer. Heard the house creak, but didn't feel a 2.3 aftershock about 10 minutes later.

Edited by Wacka

We live on the S side of Richmond. Having lived in Seattle for 25 years, we've been through worse. From what I see, people who live a lot farther from the epicenter felt it a lot more than we did. They really freaked out in DC., but it's getting close to the 9/11 anniversary, so people are naturally on edge anyway.

We had a few pictures to straighten and had to make a circus catch of an iced tea container that must have moved up against the inside of the closed refrig. door but that was about it. I feel bad for anyone who had any real damage because, absent actual earthquake insurance, most is not insurance protected. The insurance is so expensive that most people don't have it.

East coasters actually notice a 5.8? And then evacuate the building? What a bunch of candy butts.

First, we get an earthquake that strong maybe every 50 years.

Second...due to the geology on the east coast, a 5.8 here is probably equivalent to a 6.3 in California or Alaska - which isn't exactly unnotable.

Just passing along the news, moron. :rolleyes:

Then why'd you overlook the 6.2 in Vanuatu just 15 hours ago?

You were all caught up in the hype but settle down Beavis. 6+ quakes happen a lot--I count about 10 in the last week...guess you missed those ones hype machine.

Edited by Peace

Then why'd you overlook the 6.2 in Vanuatu just 15 hours ago?

You were all caught up in the hype but settle down Beavis. 6+ quakes happen a lot--I count about 10 in the last week...guess you missed those ones hype machine.

Did you ever think ( I already know the answer to that question) that just because in your little world with your red radio flyer wagon that just because it doesnt effect you it could be an interesting article to say maybe 1 or 10,000 other member on this board?

Go troll somewhere else little man. Really.

Did you ever think ( I already know the answer to that question) that just because in your little world with your red radio flyer wagon that just because it doesnt effect you it could be an interesting article to say maybe 1 or 10,000 other member on this board?

Go troll somewhere else little man. Really.

You're missing other quakes. The sky is falling in the jungles of Peru merits a post but not Vanuata. Come on cheerleader, admit it: You're all caught up in the hype of that little thing on Tuesday.