Levitre on the Move

Astrobot

From Chris Brown:

"Last week Andy Levitre rotated with Chad Rinehart at left guard. Then he played center for a short spell in Saturday’s game. Now he’s lining up at another position.

Levitre is taking his primary snaps as the starting left guard, but he’s also taking snaps at left tackle with the second unit in place of Ed Wang.

We’ll have more on this after practice."

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From Chris Brown:

"Last week Andy Levitre rotated with Chad Rinehart at left guard. Then he played center for a short spell in Saturday’s game. Now he’s lining up at another position.

Levitre is taking his primary snaps as the starting left guard, but he’s also taking snaps at left tackle with the second unit in place of Ed Wang.

This thread should be named "Wang Demoted"

Seriously though, I think Levitre played LT in college. Given our tackle woes, this may be an effort to see who can fit at areas of critical need. But, again, I think this is not a big deal especially as he is in with the second unit and the fact that there have been lot of combinations being tried.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

From Chris Brown:

Andy Levitre is better suited for LT in my opinion

This thread should be named "Wang Demoted"

Seriously though, I think Levitre played LT in college. Given our tackle woes, this may be an effort to see who can fit at areas of critical need. But, again, I think this is not a big deal especially as he is in with the second unit and the fact that there have been lot of combinations being tried.

Levitre goes limp, but Rhinehart promotion short lived as hard-man Andy Levitre is promoted again and moved to Center and Left Guard but also part time demoted to second team Left Tackle, Wang out like Wood in sweatpants....should be the title.

from the original Post

"Then he played center for a short spell in Saturday’s game."

I see. That was in the fourth quarter for a series well after the first unit was off the field. Wood's position is secure.

GO BILLS!!!

Just training camp experimentation....I wouldn't read too much into this. If Bell gets injured Levitre is the most capable candidate to step in at LT, therefore, he needs to get some "burn" at the position during the pre-season. Bell will still be our starting LT down the stretch.

This is probably true, but after watching Saturday's game it's hard to feel good about it...Bell got schooled over and over.