tebow vs pryor

nuklz2594

listening to espn first take. say tebow may be cut from the broncos with a guaranteed salary from them. if they cut do we take him, sign him to respectable salary and cut brown? or do we take a chance on pryor in supplemental draft? is pryor a better prospect than tebow? is it something to consider?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

listening to espn first take. say tebow may be cut from the broncos with a guaranteed salary from them. if they cut do we take him, sign him to respectable salary and cut brown? or do we take a chance on pryor in supplemental draft? is pryor a better prospect than tebow? is it something to consider?

Neither of them are good prospects or worth a roster spot, much less any consideration of draft picks (in the case of Pryor). College QBs who were primary running threats on dominant teams rarely succeed in the NFL.

tebow reminds me of a bigger version of flutie. i don't think broncos will cut him outright. chan would find a way to utilize tebow. pryor is a waste of air space unless he could be made into a tight end with added weight.

I think it is very realistic that the broncos may look to trade Tebow at the end of camp. That being said, there is no comparison between Tebow and Pryor. While Pryor may slightly edge tebow in speed and raw athleticism, Tebow wins by a landslide in every other category. Tebow will be a winner in the national football league. Gailey would be the perfect fit for Tebow. To me, Tebow is not much of a risk. You know what your getting as far as effort and work ethic with him. Even if he doesnt pan out at qb, find a way to get this kid on the field. He is winner and brings a winning culture

Tebow - assuming a small price - would be worth it...

I can see where he is the type of QB that needs the right fit for a system. Chan's offense seems to be just that.

He's a very high character guy and a leader type - also what this FO is looking for.

all depends on the price but this may be our turn to play the Pats role in making lemonade out of other teams "lemons"

Neither of them are good prospects or worth a roster spot, much less any consideration of draft picks (in the case of Pryor). College QBs who were primary running threats on dominant teams rarely succeed in the NFL.

In Tebows case, other followers of the Broncos agree that he is probably not ready. Pryor may have a future, but maybe not at QB, as some have said maybe at TE if he could add some weight or at reciever.

Edited by Guffalo

Pryor will not be a QB except possibly in a Brad Smith type role

Please, Tebow is not going to be cut in his second season. Pryor besides being a cheat sucked as a QB on the collegiate level despite what Drew Rosenhaus says. Think of Maurice Clarett as a QB. <_<

What has Tebow done that so many want him here?? If he was such a good QB he wouldn't be 3rd string right now.

All he does is win. If the Broncos cut him, I demand the mods bump some of the pre-draft Tebow threads.

They are almost the same player. Tebow is a ten times better guy and teammate, at least from reports, and observations outside of the huddle and locker room. Neither has much of a chance as a starting NFL QB. Both would and could and should be valuable #3 QBs and utility players like Brad Smith who could prove very valuable to his team. The only reason Tebow would be different as a player is you know you will get 100% effort. He won't be a winner or a leader, because he'd have to be a starter to generate that. Pryor is an enigma but a better athlete. Because of the new 3rd QB rules however, both could be nice cogs regardless of their deficiencies as QBs in the short and long term.

What has Tebow done that so many want him here?? If he was such a good QB he wouldn't be 3rd string right now.

Good lord I hate to even get into this discussion.....but if you look at his play last week, he had a 118 qb rating....was 6-7 for something like 95 yards. What just continues to amaze me is ESPN's crusade. Last week, Orton goes 2-6 and Tebow goes 6-7 yet they show one of two (!!?) orton completions (with a huge RAC) as an example of why Orton is a better QB and they show the one (and only) Tebow incomplete pass to emphasize how not ready to be an NFL qb he is. That in and of itself stinks of an agenda.

Nobody ever mentions that last year, Tebow averaged more points per game than Orton....while contributing short yardage TD's in the games Orton did play. Whether Denver's Defense sucked or not, points per game is completely unrelated to how bad your defense is or whether you win or lose games because the D gives up a ton of points.

The agenda at ESPN and in denver seems to be to put Tebow in the worst possible situation and worst possible light to break the fan base's lust for him to start. His success last year as a rookie seems to be a thorn in the Broncos Brass's rear and his competent play during the last three games is NEVER ever mentioned.

Nothing would make this Bills fan happier than to sign Tebow and to find a OT somewhere.

After hearing Tebow was probably on the chopping block, I thought it would have been dumb to pick him up given Smith's new role. But we can find other roles for Smith. And if Tebow is a success in a Gailey system, and I do think he could be, then we could spend our high draft picks on things we've been asking for for at least three years: Stud O-linemen...and not a QB.

Front office: Make it so.