tebow vs pryor

nuklz2594

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No because college stats mean nothing in the NFL. Again, he did not beat out Quinn - if he did, he'd be named the no. 2 wouldn't he? I'd take Fox's comments from yesterday as more up-to-date than the chart on the internet.

Now you're going to compare Tebow's stats over 3 starts to Mark Sanchez and every other QB in the NFL? Wow. Have you ever even heard of the concept of sample size?

How many rings does Tebow have? How is the Romo comparison relevant? You asked for a stat and I gave you one. As low as Sanchez's CP% is, it's still higher than Tebow's. And the Jets success has much more to do with their defense than with Sanchez.

You brought up completion percentage....and you posed the question of how many good NFL qbs have a 50% completion percentage.

A discussion with you is like trying to nail jello to tree.

You brought up completion percentage....and you posed the question of how many good NFL qbs have a 50% completion percentage.

A discussion with you is like trying to nail jello to tree.

Yes I brought it up because you asked for a stat. Even though Tebow's stats mean next to nothing with only 3 starts. What I and others were trying to drill into your head is this: the fact that Tebow cannot compete with Orton for the starting job is much more telling about Tebow's current skill level and potential than anything you could glean from his three starts. From what has been coming out of Denver, he's not even close to Orton, and barely keeping pace with Quinn.

But you just had to have a stat for some reason so I threw one at you.

This should tell you something. A guy from the Broncos saying that Tebow is the fourth best QB on the team, and right now, Andrew Weber is flat out a better quarterback. Not surprised.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArhOaKnMH9rm0N2_1o9U8z5DubYF?slug=ms-silver_denver_broncos_quarterbacks_082311

As one highly knowledgeable member of the organization told me Monday, “If everything was totally equal, and this were a competition based only on performance at this camp, Tebow would probably be the fourth-string guy. Kyle [Orton] is far and away the best, and Tebow’s way behind [brady] Quinn, too. And I’m telling you, Adam Weber is flat-out better right now.”

Tebow is not a QB at all. never was. Pryor is nothing more that Jamarcus Russel 2.0, and the raiders just drafted him AGAIN!

how, besides both being black, is pryor in any way similar to jamarcus russel? russel was a fat, lazy piece of crap who didn't want to work. that's never been said about pryor.

This should tell you something. A guy from the Broncos saying that Tebow is the fourth best QB on the team, and right now, Andrew Weber is flat out a better quarterback. Not surprised.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArhOaKnMH9rm0N2_1o9U8z5DubYF?slug=ms-silver_denver_broncos_quarterbacks_082311

great article.....always love the "un-named source" who give the exact quote the writer needs to support his point of view.

Again, fact, in tebow's starts, the broncos put up more points per game and even a 300 yard game for a guy who is totally incompetent. The Broncos are doing everything they can to calm the fans sentiment for Tebow to get a shot, deserved or not.

There are three games of real evidence that Tebow can compete as an NFL quarterback. Those are 3 rookie starts, and his stats are favorably comparable to other rookie starts for current starting QBs in the league. I can look them up if you like.....or you can all flame away with opinions, or opinions of other people. I can play the same game with opinions of guys like Gruden or Collinsworth or whoever....but theirs are only opinions as well.

Honestly, i am fine with agreeing to disagree and letting time tell the rest of the story. I can clearly see where the story is now and where it has been. It is a message board where any player is either awesome or sucks, there is no in between and fair and balanced means opinionated and one sided.

great article.....always love the "un-named source" who give the exact quote the writer needs to support his point of view.

Again, fact, in tebow's starts, the broncos put up more points per game and even a 300 yard game for a guy who is totally incompetent. The Broncos are doing everything they can to calm the fans sentiment for Tebow to get a shot, deserved or not.

There are three games of real evidence that Tebow can compete as an NFL quarterback. Those are 3 rookie starts, and his stats are favorably comparable to other rookie starts for current starting QBs in the league. I can look them up if you like.....or you can all flame away with opinions, or opinions of other people. I can play the same game with opinions of guys like Gruden or Collinsworth or whoever....but theirs are only opinions as well.

Honestly, i am fine with agreeing to disagree and letting time tell the rest of the story. I can clearly see where the story is now and where it has been. It is a message board where any player is either awesome or sucks, there is no in between and fair and balanced means opinionated and one sided.

Wrong. I happened to watch Tebow in college and I thought he did everything great but one thing, and said here and in public that I thought he would never be a good pro because of one deficiency in his game. It wasn't based on anything anyone else said, although a lot of scouts and analysts and fans think the exact same thing. It's obvious, and it's no secret. Has nothing to do with stats or how great of a college player he was. I think he was right up there with the greatest college players of all time.

I also think if he had the throwing motion of Orton, Quinn, or Adam Weber, he would be WAY better than all of them combined -- if he could learn to read NFL defenses -- and I don't see why he couldn't. I would think the sky would be the limit, literally.

But he can't play the position in the NFL because of the way he throws. It can't be taught (at least I don't know of any player ever who had that degree of an issue and changed/overcame it).

Now he is also having trouble, like young QBs often do, setting up and reading defenses, but again, I think he would be able to overcome that. He can't overcome his fatal flaw. And most people seem to know it by now, including most anyone associated with the Broncos.