FItz is going to get traded

Jobu

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alot of if's here, and I am sure the flamers are coming.... I see some interesting things that might just match up.

1. It was obvious Ralph wanted to draft Tebow. As evidenced by his strange outburst after Denver drafted him... "They panicked"

2. Tebow is a Gailey type of QB.

3. Our playbook is limited by Fitzpatrick not being a dual threat. While Fitzy does have some wheels -- he is not a very gifted runner.

4. Three QB's with relatively the same skill set will allow Gailey to develop his offense fully.

5. Tebow is gone in Denver. You don't pay a third string QB 9.5 million.

6. Thigpen is making really good money to be a 2nd string QB. My bet is that he will be the starter this season.

7. Our offense is hamstrung at the moment without a deep threat to open up the intermediate and short passing game. Bring in a QB that can run the ball consistently and the deep ball will open up for our slower receivers.

Call me paranoid... I believe Tebow will be a Bill soon.

I don't know if this would be a good thing or a bad thing. I really like Fitz quite a bit.

I read somewhere recently that Ryan was second only to Vick in average per running play by a QB. On top of that he was only slightly behind him.

dude fitz CANT do nothing with our OLINE cant block !! I don't know why so many people think Tebow would make this team any better. If you want Tebow so bad, just go and buy madden 12 and make the trade yourself lol..overall this o-line is pretty bad right now

Patrick Moran and the Buffalo Bros. did have an unnamed source that said Tim Tebow AND Randall Cunningham were in town doing shots with Ralph Wilson.

Imagine that offense kiddies. Who needs a line with the Black Staubach Jesus Fire duo?

In all seriousness, Fitz isn't going anywhere. He was a good QB last season behind a suspect line. It's been two games, three quarters of play. Further, Fitz is mobile, perhaps even more so than Thigpen. I'm not saying we don't trade for Tebow, but Fitz is the man this year and possibly next because despite the way we played tonight, I don't see us being so bad that we get a top 4 pick.

I doubt Tebow would be the starter here. Thigpen and Smith will battle it out would be my guess.

Smith clearly wanted a chance to compete for the starting job in New York.... Buffalo had to offer that to get him -- I see no other way he leaves the Jets. Thigpen too.

Fitzpatrick is merely keeping the seat warm. If he cannot duplicate last season--I see changes ahead.

Fitz didn't have a chance in the pocket last night. Guys were running free, Bell was a turnstile once again, Pears was terrible and Wood was getting destroyed by a guy who was cut 2 weeks ago. Stop it!

Go back and watch it again...Then watch elite NFL QB's...Fitz is under pressure at times no question...So is every NFL Starter on a decent % of Pass Plays...The difference is Fitz is not consistantly accurate...He misses as many tough throws as he makes...He's worse under pressure and with someone in his face because he's not a tall QB...Fitz gets 110% out of the physical ability he has, but he's limited...That's a fact...He's going to have some good days and make some great throws, then he's going to have days like yesterday when he can't put the Ball exactly whre it needs to be...The short throw to Jones in the End Zone, the high Pass to Stevie, and the 3rd Down Pass to Roosevelt were all Passes that could have been completed...Coulda, woulda, shoulda...

It's just as much Fitz as it is the O-Line...Aaron Rodgers and Big Ben have been pummeled at various times in their careers, but they have more God given ability to be accurate when they are under pressure...This is nothing new...Fitz is EXACTLY who he was last Season...And I doubt very much anything would change with a better O-Line...Except maybe that we'd Run it better...Every NFL QB is going to face pressure...Some are just better than others... B-)

ugghh...make it stop....Is it really only the second week of preseason. I feel like it should be about week 12 by now...

No… trade ideas wouldn't be thrown around on our forum in week 12.

The NFL trade deadline is usually after the week 6 games.

:)

Ralph pressured Nix to draft Tebow.He wanted him bad.It came out right after the draft.

I'd ask you to provide a link but I know you don't have one.

Those that think fitz is our starter "this season" better wake up and smell the coffee. He is our starter right now. He has one year left on his contract and as of right now, he has one of the worst OL in the league. Many here are saying "fitz isn't the problem, the OL is the problem". IMO, the OL is the biggest problem and we are still unsure if fitz has the skill set to be "the man". We won't find that out if he is the man this season due to our OL. What do you advise we do after the season, if fitz stinks all year and the oline does the same? Sign him to a long term deal and fix the OL? Let him go, fix the OL and give thigpen a chance to be the man? Let fitz go, draft a qb in the 1st, and then fix the OL with the rest of our picks? IMO, if fitz performs as he did last night the through the first several weeks, the only choice chan has is to give thigpen a shot. Remember, chan has to make decisions that will buy him another year in buffalo. If we win 0-3 games this year, his head may roll. If fitz plays like he did last night (as well as most of training camp), 0-3 wins is likely. He's had success with thigpen (production wise) and IMO, is VERY likely to give him a shot if we start off badly. Last year, Trent played behind a line of similar talent/production. We saw how that played out. If we go 0-3 and can't move the ball, be prepared to see thigpen in there.

I like what Fitzy did last year, but that dont think for a minute that last years play bought him an entire year at the helm. "what have you done for me lately" plays heavily in the NFL (unless you're Chris Kelsey). Put up or shut em down and see if someone else can put up.

I don't think the bills will trade fitz and make a move for tebow, but I could see them moving him if a starting Qb goes down and another team wants to make a move for him. I like Fitzy and I am praying he can be the man, but he has to perform, even with a terrible OL. If he doesn't, it won't be his team for long. Count on it. Let's hope he performs. He's a gutsy, fearless, cerebral QB that has the presence of a starting qb. Now he just has to perform THIS year. He performed ok last year with a similar OL, if he takes a step back this season, good bye Fitzy.

Ralph pressured Nix to draft Tebow.He wanted him bad.It came out right after the draft.

Really? Got a link or something to prove that? No?

I got a couple of links that say otherwise:

"Denver panicked," Wilson said. "He's a good player but we had no interest in taking Tebow. We were not moving up to take Tebow."

Linky 1

and

"I love Tim Tebow," Nix told Chris Brown of BuffaloBills.com. "We spent a lot of time with him, and he's a great kid. And he's gonna do well. But he was never in our plans.

Linky 2

?

It's a legitimate thread, and the comments are all pretty legit too.

Don't understand the point you're making.

Just guessing, but it's the way the title reads - Fitz IS going to get traded. That's not only wrong, it's stupid as it causes many people to check in, only to see it's some sunday morning QB babblin' about a pre-season game.

to OP, Please make your thread topics clear when it's an opinion.