Please express how you feel about tonight

Scrappy

Pretty entertaining thread!

The real problem, as always, is cheapskate Ralph whose formative years were spent in the great depression. As soon as the new CBA allowed for two years without a salary floor (which I'm sure Ralph was pushing) it became a license for him to cut payroll. We've spent $15-$20 million less than anyone else in our division. We have among the lowest payrolls in the NFL. We have among the lowest paid coaching staff's in the NFL. All part of Ralph's master plan to capitalize on the fact that he knows fans will fill the stadium regardless of how putrid the product is. Isn't it clear by now that Ralph cares more about dumping Benjamin's into his estate than fielding a winning team?

A .397 winning percentage this millennium. The team looks terrible as usual. 2011: Different clowns, same circus.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty entertaining thread!

The real problem, as always, is cheapskate Ralph whose formative years were spent in the great depression. As soon as the new CBA allowed for two years without a salary floor (which I'm sure Ralph was pushing) it became a license for him to cut payroll. We've spent $15-$20 million less than anyone else in our division. We have among the lowest payrolls in the NFL. We have among the lowest paid coaching staff's in the NFL. All part of Ralph's master plan to capitalize on the fact that he knows fans will fill the stadium regardless of how putrid the product is. Isn't it clear by now that Ralph cares more about dumping Benjamin's into his estate than fielding a winning team?

A .397 winning percentage this millennium. The team looks terrible as usual. 2011: Different clowns, same circus.

There is a few new clowns, Pixey Nix & Chan the Chin.

Yes, it was a preseason game. But we looked pathetic out there. Simply pathetic. The defense vanished, the offense that was never there was not there again. I would like to think that we are learning something in all these games, like how to improve. However I think the only thing we are learning is we just do not have the talent to compete. I hope there are some changes in the last two preseason games. We do not have to win but we need to be competitive. I hate to think the experts are right in saying we will win 5 games or less this year.

i'll take it a step further. if you can ACTUALLY come on this board last night/today and start calling people "negative" and ****, i have to assume you're either 14 years old and have zero concept of what the past 10 years were like, or you're heavily medicated and can get to a place of euphoria inconsistent with reality.

for 10 years we've been hyping up 3rd stringers and watching them fail, watching 1st rounders bust out, over and over and over. is there anything different about marcus easley, arthur moats, cj spiller, and leodis mckelvin??

Impossible to argue with that...

Though I will say Dareus, Carrington, and Batten all look like quality Young Players...But for the most part you are correct...The new regime can't hide from the Spiller Pick either...And he's going top HAVE to be a HUGE weapon this Season to justify that #9 Overall decision...We'll see soon enough... B-)

The reality is that Ralph has a great business model. Most Bills fan are strong optimist and get really excited about this team. So no need to go spend money on positions of real need. How many years has it been since we had 2 OT's that were solid starters? I would bet you can combine the salary of our 2 starters and we are still paying less than 95% of starting OT in the league

I refuse to buy into this 'Ralph is cheap' line that many people use to justify the performsnce of the team. Mismanagement, for sure, but not being cheap- he has fired an absolute NFL HOF Contributor in Bill Polian, let Marv Levy walk over a coaching dispute, and hired coaches and managers that are poor choices not because of their salary but because we couldn't bring in the big fish. Ralph Wilson should have bowed out a long time ago and breathed some life into the franchise.

That being said, our offensive line is obviously broken, whether or not it is a preseason game. This along with Spiller's lack of concentration and a dulled learning curve will doom us to mediocrity or worse, and Gailey has to know that is the case. He knows his job is on the line, and as a second chance coach this could very well be his last chance. Buddy Nix can't possibly survive the storm of criticism unless they quit puttering around and FIX what everyone else knows isn't working. NO MORE athletic freaks of nature... we need PROFESSIONALS.

Either move Wood back to Guard or (if he's actually played as well as Gailey has bee saying) put Rinehart ar LG.

This way it's: Bell-Levitre-Wood-Rinehart-Pears or Bell-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Pears.

Basically what we had last year that at least gave Fitz time enough to put up the numbers he did. I would hope Nix goes out and signs someone this week, but since that's not his way of operating, like it or not, I'm being realistic. We'll have to live or die with Pears I guess, hasn't looked great thus far, but there's still time.

Regardless of what Chan said about o line, Bell was an embarassment. even one on one with end or LB he was looking lost.

I have to say after all the negative nancies have pounded the poor play. there were some very nice defensive moments and some very good individul plays. We did not get pushed off the line much at all even at the goal line, and the second string newbies look to add some decent depth. I liked Troup and Johnson's play, Batten was all go. Carrington will help too. Williams is going to keep getting better and McGee is looking to be regaining form. Barnett has speed and great instincts. That being said some of coverage looked lost. But hey thats preseason. we are looking at players not coaches. We save that for the real season.

McKelvin looked lost and i am down on him totally. On the offensive side i guess i could bash alot but you guys covered that already!

By the way i love Freddie J. he just keeps on playing.

To Chan, stop moving offensive lineman around!! that is one group that has to gel. The RB and the QB need to know what they are working behind as do the guys lined up next to each other. remind me of last season and i dont like it one bit.

where the hell is my panic button anyways?

Props to Stevie for flipping out on Moore and company after that bs hit

Stop trying to replace Freddie, he has been the one constant the last few years

Spencer Johnson doesn't get hype but this dude brings it, one of my fav bills

Our starting defense was bad but not horrible, had some good plays, let's hope merriman plays 16

Dareus against the bears oline..... Ahhhhhh

but going against clady

I love to see everyone on this board surprised that this low bugdet, low talent team is failing. This ball was set in motion the second King Ralph lied to us about bringing in a big name GM and coach for this team and we got Buddy Nix ( who was responsible for the Maybin pic as a scout) and a retread coach in Chan Gailey. Its bad enough that people actually praised this band of misfits for going 4-12 last year. Wait til this season when the Bills are 2-14....then what? Trust me, this team is gone, the rights have already been sold. :wallbash:

Edited by Da Big Man

I have dubbed next year the "O-line draft". They have addressed the D-line and LB pretty well I think through draft and free-agency. Now it's time to probably spend two out of the first three picks on offensive tackles.

:thumbsup: my thoughts exactly

Wow, weird, exactly what I said last night about not scheming at all.. But of course the negative nancies are out in force.

Yeah I was hoping that it might have subsided a bit today but when the team looks bad they come out like fricken termites in a old house........

The problem is they are so wrapped up in enjoying their misery they dont see things for what they actually are or even look at things objectively....

I mean....I get it...this team has been bad for a long long time......but some people are just enjoying the bitching way too much for my taste.

Yeah I was hoping that it might have subsided a bit today but when the team looks bad they come out like fricken termites in a old house........

The problem is they are so wrapped up in enjoying their misery they dont see things for what they actually are or even look at things objectively....

I mean....I get it...this team has been bad for a long long time......but some people are just enjoying the bitching way too much for my taste.

WOW! Blind optimism! Nice what did you see that you liked ,other than Darius' one sack?

I went the opposite way...after watching the replay I don't think it was bad as everyone said it was.

AHHHH! One to many hits from the bong for you my friend. After the replay it made me realize we are done. Poor coaching and no talent are not a recipe for success in the NFL. P.S. How did Lee Evans do? :thumbsup:

Bam