Bucs sign McCargo

"The 6-foot-2, 307-pound McCargo was rated a second- or third-round selection as a defen sive tackle by most scouts before the 2006 draft, but the Bills drafted him 26th overall..." :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

It looks like "most scouts" overrated him too!

I seriously did not know that he was gone from the Bills. I never heard about him when he was with us, so I figured he was somehow still locked into whatever ironclad contract he had that wouldn't let us get rid of him.

i think its a good spot for him. if hes going to have any success in the league, thats the best spot to find it.

rotational role on an aggressive talented line

Unfortunately McCargo has shown to be neither.

"The 6-foot-2, 307-pound McCargo was rated a second- or third-round selection as a defensive tackle by most scouts before the 2006 draft, but the Bills drafted him 26th overall..." :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

So if he was picked 7 picks later, that would have been OK because then he would have been taken right around where the "Draft Experts" thought he should go.

So if he was picked 7 picks later, that would have been OK because then he would have been taken right around where the "Draft Experts" thought he should go.

I see your point, and I agree...but what hurts a little more about McCargo, we traded up to get him! He was pretty much a non-factor during his whole 5 year tenure on the team...I don't even remember seeing him play enough to realize that he sucked based on his play alone..he was just perpetually a scratch...that is bad. :thumbdown:

Edited by Buftex

I seriously did not know that he was gone from the Bills. I never heard about him when he was with us, so I figured he was somehow still locked into whatever ironclad contract he had that wouldn't let us get rid of him.

i had no idea he was gone either. he is just one of those guys that never really stands out on the field cause he never did anything to catch anyones eye

I see your point, and I agree...but what hurts a little more about McCargo, we traded up to get him! He was pretty much a non-factor during his whole 5 year tenure on the team...I don't even remember seeing him play enough to realize that he sucked based on his play alone..he was just perpetually a scratch...that is bad. :thumbdown:

If I am not mistaken, I believe they traded up because the talk was the Giants were going to taken them with the last pick in rd 1 before Buffalo had the chance to use their second on him.

The problem shouldn't be where he was drafted, he wasn't that far off from where the "experts" had him placed, but more about him just flat out underperforming which may have been because he had better players around him in college to make him look better