Your first "git 'r done" moment

It wasn't a wire move, but the first one I recall is when Denver signed Bruce Smith to an offer sheet and I was scared sh--less the Bills were going to take the 2 firsts and let him go.

p.s. had there been TSW in those days, the board would certainly have crashed.

Edited by KD in CT

I would have to say the Lawyer Milloy being cut by the Pats* the week before the start of the season, back in like '03 or '04 stands out the most. Really was a great week, as we actually got it done, and then went on to beat his former team 31-0. The rest of that season is rather forgettable, if memory serves...

I would have to say the Lawyer Milloy being cut by the Pats* the week before the start of the season, back in like '03 or '04 stands out the most. Really was a great week, as we actually got it done, and then went on to beat his former team 31-0. The rest of that season is rather forgettable, if memory serves...

This is a good one for sure. Funny story about the Lawyer Milloy signing. I was downtown one night. Completely wasted beyond belief. It was at the bar same side of Chippewa across Franklin from SoHo. Don't remember the name. It was like attatched to another bar. Anyways, It was well known that Milloy was there that night and I had got a glimpse of him. So as the night moved on and I got drunker I had to run to the back bathroom to throw up. I noticed Milloy in the back, practically pushing up all over this girl that din t want any part of it. I'm sure it was mostly the beer muscles, the fact that I wanted to see if I could tale a professional football player but I went back to my buddies with the insane idea that I was going to fight Milloy. My friends had to drag me out of the bar so I didn't get my ass kicked. In reality, at the time I was in pretty good shape and about 80lbs heavier than Milloy. I might have had a chance.

Another Git er done moment for me would have been the TO signing. I loved it so much.

Reggie White was a free agent- the Bills had lost one SB to the Giants and then to Washington and our defense though good had trouble with power Olines- Reggie White ends up in Green Bay making around 3 mil a year which while a lot of money at the time would look pretty average two years later.

Edited by ....lybob

It wasn't a wire move, but the first one I recall is when Denver signed Bruce Smith to an offer sheet and I was scared sh--less the Bills were going to take the 2 firsts and let him go.

p.s. had there but TSW in those days, the board would certainly have crashed.

Haha, and to a monster deal, no less: $7.5 million over five years.

My moment was in 1988/89 when the Phoenix (at the time) Cardinals drafted Tim McDonald a safety out of U.S.C., and we needed a safety to round out the deep secondary. I opened a Sporting News roster of teams around the league and Leonard Smith popped out as a probable acquisition! Lo and behold, the Bills actually added him within a week of my "search" and the rest is history.

The Milloy signing was my first get that guy moment. I was only 13 when it happened so I based almost all my knowledge off of how good a player was rated in 2K football(And Milloy was a 94 in that game and unlike Madden they only handed out 90's to the top 2 or 3 guys at their positions).

p.s. had there been TSW in those days, the board would certainly have crashed.

Indeed. If I remember correctly they had a week to match...and Ralph took about 6 days to sign the deal. This place would have certainly imploded.

Reggie White. When he became a free agent, I began to salivate at the possibility of he and Bruce together creating sheer chaos to anyone that stood in their way. I still look back and wonder what could have been if we were to make that happen. One, two, maybe three Super Bowl Championships? Who knows. We didn't even try.

As for waiver wire signings, no doubt, Mike Vick.

Edited by NoJustice

Pat Williams and Antoine Winfield... At the time I couldn't believe how much the Vikings were willing to pay both of them. I still think both were overpaid as Winfield was solid but not all-world and Williams was great with the other Williams next to him. My opinion at the time was let them go, Williams because of age Winfield because of too much money...btw almost everyone thought and still does San Fran grossly overpaid for Clements. For the money I still think it was the right move. However had we kept Winfield and Williams maybe just maybe the Bills don't hire DJ who brings his small lineman approach to the game. Maybe we avoid taking countless CB's in the draft and our OL and LB's have more depth and talent. And maybe there is more opportunity to draft a top level QB or TE.

This is a good one for sure. Funny story about the Lawyer Milloy signing. I was downtown one night. Completely wasted beyond belief. It was at the bar same side of Chippewa across Franklin from SoHo. Don't remember the name. It was like attatched to another bar. Anyways, It was well known that Milloy was there that night and I had got a glimpse of him. So as the night moved on and I got drunker I had to run to the back bathroom to throw up. I noticed Milloy in the back, practically pushing up all over this girl that din t want any part of it. I'm sure it was mostly the beer muscles, the fact that I wanted to see if I could tale a professional football player but I went back to my buddies with the insane idea that I was going to fight Milloy. My friends had to drag me out of the bar so I didn't get my ass kicked. In reality, at the time I was in pretty good shape and about 80lbs heavier than Milloy. I might have had a chance.

Another Git er done moment for me would have been the TO signing. I loved it so much.

his pickup truck cruising down chippewa will always be a fond memory...

For me the big one was TKO. I'm actually shocked more people didn't put this one down. When the Bengals played that last season here, and the fans had signs everywhere, and TKO actually was responding to the crowd, man that was special. Honestly, if the guy had never torn his achilles he would've been an anchor at OLB for us for years. Completely unfortunate (toss in Brandon Spoon's career ending injury and Sam Cowart's as well - for those over 18 that remember them both... spoon was ridiculous that rookie season)....

plus - Takeo's karate move rivals Merrimans lights out. It was pretty dang good but i can't find it online anywhere.

post-11288-016390100 1313742450_thumb.jpg