Levi Brown

I cant believe im going to say this after last years debacle, but...

I would like to see Levi follow Fitz in one of the next 2 games

I was not impressed by Thigpen at all last night

Levi has a hell of an arm, but had no time to do anything behind whomever was in front of him, and the recievers he had didn't help him at all. I know he looked pitiful last year, but I haven't heard a word about his progress, or lack there of since.

Has anybody seen him in camp, or have any input that might knock the stupid inclination I have that he may have improved enough to be considered a at #2

:ph34r:

It simply wont happen due to his kc/gailey connection. Also thighpen is more similar to fitz.

The other Gailey connection that could make Levi Brown 'odd-man out' is Joshua Nesbitt...

As Taylor Bennett's backup, Nesbitt was brought in for rushing during his freshman season under coach Chan Gailey. In 2008, Nesbitt earned the starting quarterback job under new Tech coach Paul Johnson for his option offense. The 2009 season saw Nesbitt rush for 1037 yards and 18 touchdowns. Nesbitt also had 1701 yards through the air with 10 touchdowns. He led the Yellow Jackets to an ACC Championship Game and a BCS bowl game. The Jackets finished the season with an 11-3 record following the 2010 FedEx Orange Bowl loss to Iowa. Nesbitt was honored as the 2009 ACC first team quarterback.

(Turn down the rap soundtrack on this video if you are bothered by 'urban poetry' - couple of 'f-bombs' buried in there near the end!)

Edited by The Senator

I didn't say I was ready to make him number 2 right now. I just want to give him a chance to see if there was improvement. He was drafted by Nix/Gailey last year, so it seems they all have ties.

Thigpen didn't stick in KC, and if he cant get into Miami's rotation....OY!

The other Gailey connection that could make Levi Brown 'odd-man out' is Joshua Nesbitt...

As Taylor Bennett's backup, Nesbitt was brought in for rushing during his freshman season under coach Chan Gailey. In 2008, Nesbitt earned the starting quarterback job under new Tech coach Paul Johnson for his option offense. The 2009 season saw Nesbitt rush for 1037 yards and 18 touchdowns. Nesbitt also had 1701 yards through the air with 10 touchdowns. He led the Yellow Jackets to an ACC Championship Game and a BCS bowl game. The Jackets finished the season with an 11-3 record following the 2010 FedEx Orange Bowl loss to Iowa. Nesbitt was honored as the 2009 ACC first team quarterback.

(Turn down the rap soundtrack on this video if you are bothered by 'urban poetry' - couple of 'f-bombs' buried in there near the end!)

youtube.com/watch?v=cVNDRq2Iy6A

In college this guy couldn't throw the ball AT ALL. It may have had something to do with Johnson's offense but he's really not a better option than playing a running back like Jackson at QB. JMO

Thigpen was unable to practice until Aug 4th due to the CBA. He's behind, give him some time.

thats like almost a week with the players and nearly 2 with the playbook and uniform.

oh wait, that isnt much time. good point.

come on guys. did no one watch his play in KC? throwing out the whole regular season for a couple mins in a preseason game a week after joining the team? sounds logical. hes the backup, he isnt going to knock us out, but he will be solid and the type of player that wont totally kill us should something happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=cVNDRq2Iy6A

This guy will be on the practice squad, activated if Brad Smith goes down...same kind of guy!!!

Thigpen was unable to practice until Aug 4th due to the CBA. He's behind, give him some time.

Thank you, Ghost. Yes Thiggy's played in this offense before but these receivers are all strangers to him. You have to have time to familiarize yourself with your teammates… these are not electronic components that you're swapping out for God's sake.

Ive seen enough of thigpen, let levi play he has more upside.

I really hope this is sarcasm.

I've stated several times that I liked the way Levi Brown looked in the final preseason game against Detroit last year.

But he was horrible yesterday. His interception was very disheartening (as in, "have you learned NOTHING in the last year?) as he stared down his receiver with zero pass rush in his face. In spite of this gaping throwing alley he failed to see the defender who stepped in front of his pass.

And then his "I have zero football instincts so I have to take guidance from the sidelines in a two-minute situation" deer in the headlights performance on the Bills last drive.

At the front end of the drive he was dinking and dunking for time-consuming, miniscule-gain passes. Spending 18 seconds for 3 yards is not a good trade-off and an NFL QB shouldn't need to be told this.

He should have been throwing downfield because even an incomplete pass stops the clock. Also he could have spiked the ball to stop the clock. He didn't.

Then when spiking the ball was no longer an option, he spiked it as time ran out instead of heaving it to the end zone… yes, the clock ran out as he was spiking the ball… when he should have thrown a hail mary.

Levi's play was a big disappointment and he should be on very thin ice at this point.

Levi has a stronger arm than Fitz and pig-pen put together. He's talented, but he's under BAD Tuteledge. It's not like Fitz is improving in Chan's offense either. Every QB Chan has ever touched has ended up in the trash heap. This is the man we're trusting with the future of our team.

I cant believe im going to say this after last years debacle, but...

I would like to see Levi follow Fitz in one of the next 2 games

I was not impressed by Thigpen at all last night

Levi has a hell of an arm, but had no time to do anything behind whomever was in front of him, and the recievers he had didn't help him at all. I know he looked pitiful last year, but I haven't heard a word about his progress, or lack there of since.

Has anybody seen him in camp, or have any input that might knock the stupid inclination I have that he may have improved enough to be considered a at #2

:ph34r:

The bottom line is our whole QB depth chart is filled with backups. Thigpen will replace Fitz before Levi replaces Thigpen, and I don't care for Thigpen either. But watch how this team has operated lately, if you have a connection with either Nix or Gailey (and that is about all they bring in here), then you are golden, and with Thigpen's connection to Gailey, don't be surprised if we get a musical chairs at the QB position around the mid point of the season when we are about 1-7.

I really like Levi, but he gets lazy at times. I know he was getting absolutely no time from his Oline, but he didn't maintain his mechanics at all on a few throws where he shouldn't have been as bad as he was. That late interception would be inexcusable if it were a real game. Very sloppy.