Who steps into the #2

Estro

David Nelson isn't leaving the slot WR position. His skill sets don't match up with the outside position. My guess is Easley is who the coaches hope wins the spot, but they know several can. I know the there are several members of the team and some fans downtrodden by the Evans trade. I'm of the thinking this is an incredible compliment to our youngsters whom the FO and coaching staff believe can fill the void left by Evans either by one person stepping up or by a committee.

Where does Smith fit in? Slot?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what now Evans is gone, whose going to be #2 WR. Hmm maybe Parrish (the skinny short guy, but nah u guys think we need a tall threat) umm maybe Buster Davis (Nix's love child), or maybe Easely who hasnt played a game in his ENTIRE CAREER or maybe David Nelson (the only one i dnt mind) or maybe Roosevelt or Aiken who were struggling to make the roster this year until Evans gets traded. Oh wait maybe we can go to FA to try and get a replacement, whose left TO, so TO take 2 for the bills

I hate this trade we get squat in return for a solid #2 receiver, you guys can say whatever u want about evans but he made our recieving core better

He certainly did, but now it's time for these young guys to seize the opportunity. I have faith that the competition to play opposite Stevie will be fierce, and that one of these guys by season's end will actually be pretty good.

Where does Smith fit in? Slot?

Brad Smith fits in at QB the position he is listed at on the roster.

Brad Smith will be an option QB player, he was listed as a WR by the Fets more for a numbers game.

He ran the ball more often than he caught.

Because there is no more three QB rule, they can run Brad Smith in and out at any time.

(Secretly I wish he would just get converted to a RB. I feel like he would be devastating as a full time 3rd down back)

Okay, I know it's probably crazy, and that we got rid of Lee because we are sooooo stacked at the reciever position with young talent, but is Owens a crazy idea? I know he's coming off a torn acl and is 35 or 36 years old, but he just posted a video this morning of himself working out, showing how far he has come as far as rehabbing his injury. I don't think it really makes us that much better, but he DID have pretty good chemistry with Fitz, Stevie has cited him as a major influence on his breakout season last year, and did seem to like it here, I.e. Didn't light the locker room on fire like in Philly, Dallas, ect. I dont mean anything long term, but if he were willing to come in on a one year contract for a reasonable price, would we even want to consider this? Just popped into my head amidst all the wailing at work over the Lee trade.

Okay, I know it's probably crazy, and that we got rid of Lee because we are sooooo stacked at the reciever position with young talent, but is Owens a crazy idea? I know he's coming off a torn acl and is 35 or 36 years old, but he just posted a video this morning of himself working out, showing how far he has come as far as rehabbing his injury. I don't think it really makes us that much better, but he DID have pretty good chemistry with Fitz, Stevie has cited him as a major influence on his breakout season last year, and did seem to like it here, I.e. Didn't light the locker room on fire like in Philly, Dallas, ect. I dont mean anything long term, but if he were willing to come in on a one year contract for a reasonable price, would we even want to consider this? Just popped into my head amidst all the wailing at work over the Lee trade.

Hell no! A. He probably wouldn't want to come back here. B. He took plays off. No thank you! C. Why stunt the development of our younger players!

No TO

Like I said, probably crazy :rolleyes: One of those thoughs that popped in there, wasn't too sure if it made any sense. I would MUCH rather see our young guys step up and have breakout seasons, but the thought of having somebody established out there besides stevie to demand a double team occasionally was kinda tempting. Here's hoping Easley is as good as he sounds on paper :D

Edited by trama4u

I actually really like TO regardless of his injury. I think hebalways had the determination to be a great player. I'm sure he is rehabing his injury no differently. I would love him on the team again except I'm gonna pass for the fact that we got rid of Lee because he is old and past his prime and we have tons of young slguys on this team that need playing time at the position.

Like I said, probably crazy :rolleyes: One of those thoughs that popped in there, wasn't too sure if it made any sense. I would MUCH rather see our young guys step up and have breakout seasons, but the thought of having somebody established out there besides stevie to demand a double team occasionally was kinda tempting. Here's hoping Easley is as good as he sounds on paper :D

Great idea to start a thread about.....

Hell no! A. He probably wouldn't want to come back here. B. He took plays off. No thank you! C. Why stunt the development of our younger players!

No TO

Yeah but he only took plays off when Edwards was in there, probably got tired of running all those wind sprints when he knew after getting past 4 yards downfield there was no way the ball was ever gonna come...... :rolleyes:

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is has been determined by our douchebag moderator Beerball to be worthy of a locked thread, since he has his panties in a wad today.

Please consider posting this thread at a time when Beerball's cramps have subsided.

Thank you.

LMAO!!!

I'm a little worried about the pressure Lee's departure is going to place on Stevie, Fitz and the young receivers. From that point of view, I don't hate the idea of grabbing TO for one year. I like Nelson, but I just have a hard time believing that Easley and Roscoe can stay healthy and that any of the the other young guys are ready to be No. 2s.

This subject matter is has been determined by our douchebag moderator Beerball to be worthy of a locked thread, since he has his panties in a wad today.

Please consider posting this thread at a time when Beerball's cramps have subsided.

Thank you.

ha ha.....so true

Thank you.

:worthy: really funny stuff!

About TO, if the WRs we have suck up the joint now or suffer a lot of injuries and TO stays available and our record is good enough to stay in the playoff hunt ....... maybe he would be a fit. If we do have a bad receiving corp now, I am sure Gailey will be regretting this move. But at this point I am wait and see about it. This particular lower 4th round pick had better SHINE when he finally gets here.