How bad will the Bills OTs be?

DC Grid

99 members have voted

1. 1. How bad will the Bills OTs be this year?

• An unmitigated disaster.
    • The worst in the league.
    • The worst of all time.
    • Not all that bad.

Bad poll. I agree with Dorkington, need less extremes. They will be mediocre. We can do better.

I understand people might say the options are extreme, but can anyone come up with a single NFL team that has a worse group of OTs? I can't.

I voted worst in the league. At LT we have a 7th rounder who hasn't proven he can play LT in the league yet and could be injury prone & on the right side we're almost guaranteed to start a guy who within the last 2 years was waived out of the league prior to being picked up by the Bills.

Been complaiimg about the OLmfor hears and nothing changes then year. A LT who has injury issues and lacks experience and polish. A mess at RT no matter who is there. Levitre is average. Urbik is below aveage. Wood will be above average. Too little talent to be anything other than the teams biggest weakness again. I say again because they are one unit of five players which when considered in the context of an offense are tremendously important to offensive success and failure.

OL = owned.

I understand people might say the options are extreme, but can anyone come up with a single NFL team that has a worse group of OTs? I can't.

Houston Oilers

I voted worst in the league. At LT we have a 7th rounder who hasn't proven he can play LT in the league yet and could be injury prone & on the right side we're almost guaranteed to start a guy who within the last 2 years was waived out of the league prior to being picked up by the Bills.

But hey, at least our future is protected, right? Who needs to win today, when you can next year? ;)

I would say average, Hairston will be the starter by week 5. Bell will remain healthy, Fitz has a good feel for the pressure and where it is coming from. Our Running Backs are fairly good, honestly The Bills OL is better than it was at this time last year.

Get on the record now, so no one can accuse you of Monday morning Qb-ing later. Show that unlike Nix you can spot obvious holes that will cripple a team.

we have QBs who get rid of the ball fast. that mitigates bad tackles. pears is a good Run blocker, while Bell is better at pass protection. beyond that, i'm curious how wang, hairston, etc. play

I would say average, Hairston will be the starter by week 5. Bell will remain healthy, Fitz has a good feel for the pressure and where it is coming from. Our Running Backs are fairly good, honestly The Bills OL is better than it was at this time last year.

I guess you haven't been reading the updates from camp. Hairston looks lost out there and can't handle rushers from the edge. He is a fourth round pick and is no better than Wang. I don't ever see him starting let alone by week 5.

The Bills' offensive line was much less terrible than reported last season. They weren't good, by any stretch, but they were solidly not-the-worst. They did well in sack protection (34 sacks allowed = just over 2 per game = 14th in the league) and about the same for the running game (4.3 yards per carry, good for 13th in the league). It helps, without a doubt, that Freddie Jackson is a strong runner and Fitzy is elusive. But the line wasn't the train wreck we got used to.

Far below average. Hairston will only play if we have injuries. He is a project with good upside but that is all he is right now.

Bell is average when healthy and below average at run blocking. Pears might be better than the past few starters at RT but not saying much there.

Injuries will kill us. Wrotto, Hairston and Wang are the backups and that is not good at all. If our two starters miss a lot of time we are in big trouble.

Not much blocking help from TE and RB either. Scott Chandler and Fred Jackson can block. Nelson and Spiller cannot.

Would love to see us pick up a veteran OT for better depth.