Billls open to trading Evans

To my knowledge Lee Evans was, as of this morning, a starter on the Bills Offense.

I don't recall hearing that another receiver was pressing Evans for his job. Now

our roster of receivers area go from a status of relative certainty to uncertainty, for the

upcoming season. Other than the money, why weaken this area of our offense ? ps; Stevie Johnson

can't be happy.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ravens acquire WR Lee Evans from Bills for 4th-round pick

The Ravens are really grasping at straws with this trade. At 30 years old, Lee Evans has lost a step. He no longer has his speed and should be considered a mediocre No. 2 receiver at best. Making matters worse, he's going to have to learn a brand new offense in one month before the regular season begins. The track record of non-elite wideouts changing teams is dubious, so it'll be a shock if Evans contributes much in 2011.

As for the Bills, they did a good job getting something for Evans. They probably won't make the playoffs in the next two years, so why not secure a mid-round selection for a declining receiver?

walterfootball.com

I think what we all fail to realize is that we are fans and what we care about is Winning, not the amount of money that is going in our pocket when thinking about the bills.

Cutting Lee Evans for nothing (4th round pick 90-100 times means nothing) in order to save the 3.5million and 1.5 roster bonus = 5 Million this year is a cost cutting move by this organization. There is no other way to put it.

We watched those last 3 games last year without Lee, you all saw the production from every other receiver drop. This team does not care about winning nor any of us. It cares about the Money in our pocket.

I am sorry you don't trade a Team Leader for nothing. Imagine how everyone on the team is thinking about this. This is a garbage move and for the first time in 20 Years see why everyone calls this organization as cheap. They are now 30 million under the cap.

I hope you all know the reason why they are really doing this. In 3 years they have to use 99% of the cap. That is part is the new CBA. So there cash flow of the extra 20-30 million that they don't spend on players each year is going to be gone. What they are doing is trying to make as much money as they can the next two years to make up for using all the cap space the following years.

I am fuming!

Its the biggest reason Nix says " We are not spending on big ticket free agents, we build though the draft". He should really say that we want the cheapest players as possible so we can have the most cap space in the league for the next two years while we are allowed to.

The best thing is the new CBA. The main reason is because they can't pull this saving money bull ****.

Lee has been non existent for the last 2 years. he is 1 dimensional and Nix has said more then once we are going to go young and develope our own.

Kyle Williams is on deck for a big extension. Steve Johnson will be on deck for an extension this year...

Maybe they thought enough of Jones & Roosevelt that they thought the bigger mistake was to let a young WR go than an older guy. I don't think it had anything to do with money.

....and no, this is not Russ Brandon.

Why does the moderator close every thread! Do they only want one thread that goes on for 40 pages? The topic I started Didn't have anything to do with the other thread!

Thank you!!

How long before this one is closed?

So, I'm supposed to do a search on Evans so I get dozens of results??

Why does the moderator close every thread! Do they only want one thread that goes on for 40 pages? The topic I started Didn't have anything to do with the other thread!

I'm sorry you don't feel special. Go have a cookie, on me.