Cards have interest

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say he is worth a second round pick, but considering they don't have a second rounder, maybe a third and a fourth.

Do the cards have any Otackles laying around?

Seriously though. If the Bills could get a third and a player of need for this year in the deal (a capable Olineman for depth) comes to mind. Then i say yes, make the deal.

I like Evans, but to me he is a one trick pony for the most part, a burner. And since Fitz isn't really great at throwing the long ball, then why not try to improve the team?

WR seems like the one position the Bills have some good young talented guys.

And with Evans contract being very team friendly, this really could happen. He is set to only make a littl eover $3 mil.

And please save the 'yeah he is a good player so lets trade him'. I am looking at it more from the stand point of getting something of value for a guy the Bills could replace with younger guys.

evans is the reason johnson had a great year. Lee took away all the coverage for johnson, johnson even said it himself. Why trade more of our good players away? Lee had a down year, it happens in the NFL. KEEP LEE, dont make yet another hole on the offense....

evans is the reason johnson had a great year. Lee took away all the coverage for johnson, johnson even said it himself. Why trade more of our good players away? Lee had a down year, it happens in the NFL. KEEP LEE, dont make yet another hole on the offense....

I lean towards agreeing with this, which is why my price for Evans would be a 1st and 7th as well.

If they want him, then make it an offer we cant refuse.

He's listed as their starting LT, I doubt they're looking to move him. I'm guessing the return would be similar to what they got for Marshawn, so a 4th & a 6th?

He was also 1st rounder their other tackles don't intrigue me and honestly either does this idea of trading Lee unless we get a 1st or a "youngish starting rt"..... next

I've liked the cards going back to their Super Bowl run, and considering the moves they've made lately and the competition in the NFC West I think if this deal were to go through they would almost be a lock for the division title.

...again, this is when you consider that a 9-7 or so record should do it.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

There's no use in trading him at this point, unless the other team is willing to part with a talented lineman, which teams typically just don't do. I question anybody saying Evans is worth a first-round pick.

Worth it according to the general market? Of course not.

But it would be stupid for the Bills to give him up, right now, for anything less. We dont have to name a price that "everyone in the league" agrees he is worth. If the Cards want him, they have to pay for him.

Worth it according to the general market? Of course not.

But it would be stupid for the Bills to give him up, right now, for anything less. We dont have to name a price that "everyone in the league" agrees he is worth. If the Cards want him, they have to pay for him.

My only point is, as you know, nobody in the league is that dumb. Arizona traded away a top receiver -- Boldin -- for a couple mid-round picks. They're not giving away a first-rounder for a slightly-above-average receiver.

Trading Evans following a down season has drastically reduced his value. Look back at what Boldin, Marshall, and more recently Ochocinco were had for. In Marshall's case he was coming of a Pro Bowl season. The Bill's would be extremely lucky to get a 4th rounder for him. Is this value equal to his skill/impact. No. Keeping him just became that much easier.

Trading Evans following a down season has drastically reduced his value. Look back at what Boldin, Marshall, and more recently Ochocinco were had for. In Marshall's case he was coming of a Pro Bowl season. The Bill's would be extremely lucky to get a 4th rounder for him. Is this value equal to his skill/impact. No. Keeping him just became that much easier.

Slight difference in the Boldin & Marshall deals in that the trading teams were then going to have to give them new large contracts reducing their market value.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

Slight difference in the Boldin & Marshall deals in that the trading teams were then going to have to give them new large contracts reducing their market value.

Very true, and a valid point. His contract will actually make him very attractive, and he has no leverage for a new one either. I'm just thinking his value on the open market doesn't equal the potential impact he has for the team. If we were to trade him it would be the ultimate cost-cutting move IMO.

I['m kind of missing the good young talented guys we have that are going to replace Evans. Johnson is very good, Roscoe is a very interesting receiver, but I don't see any other receiver of Evans talent...come to think of it, I don't think even Roscoe is as good a receiver as Evans.

Seriously why are we worried about trading Lee Evans. With the team 25 mil under the cap. He more valuable as a Bill than some draft pick. Defenses still have to respect him. When he was injured the offense struggled. He's the reason why the other WRS get open!!!

If you are a true fan start screaming why this team doesn't have any decent tackles !!!!!!