Miami Dolphins

Henne was sacked 38 times last year and the running game averaged 3.7 YPC. But Miami's O-line got worse, not better. Colombo is a severe downgrade from even a disappointing Vernon Carey (who Miami thought so much of that they forced him to take a paycut, or be cut) and they have a rookie center starting who is a far cry from his (twin) brother.

On defense they should be good. But Taylor's done and not a 3-4 player.

Henne was sacked 38 times last year and the running game averaged 3.7 YPC. But Miami's O-line got worse, not better. Colombo is a severe downgrade from even a disappointing Vernon Carey (who Miami thought so much of that they forced him to take a paycut, or be cut) and they have a rookie center starting who is a far cry from his (twin) brother.

On defense they should be good. But Taylor's done and not a 3-4 player.

Plus they have a lame duck coach with the sword of Damocles hanging over his his head and a QB that the fisheads already have pitchforks and torches ready for.

If I was a Dolphin fan I'd be pissed. I haven't checked out any forums of theirs but what are they doing? They lose both Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams both pretty durable backs and get Reggie Bush. He will not carry the rock 40 times a game. He really won't help them at all if he truly has to be their #1 guy. That just isn't going to work. He is a good compliment but that is it.

Here is their RB depth chart

1) Reggie Bush 2) Daniel Thomas - Rookie picked in round 2 3) Lex Hilliard - only played ST last year

anything after these guys is pointless to list.

IMO they got rid of their 2 biggest offensive threats. I don't consider Brandon much of a threat with Henne as their QB and no run game. Teams will just double him and lock him down.

No one can convince me going into the season that they won't be the worst team in the AFC East and a top 5 worst team in the leauge. They may put themselves in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes when the team quits on Sporano 8 to 10 weeks in. I have never seen a team fold like that 1 and 15 Dolphin team that we beat into the ground in the snow a few years back. I have a feeling they will quit just like that.

I see them 0-6 in the division, losing to the Dal,Phi,NYG maybe beating WAS, They will lose to Hou, SD, KC, they may beat, DEN, CLE, OAK

They started their plummet downward when they made the move to replace sporano and could't close the deal. They had to suck it up and stay with a head coach all the players know that management wanted to replace. They could bottom out and in a hurry, in my humble opinion.

I see 3 to 5 wins for this team at most. What do you guys think.

Edited by indiragandhi'sthong

I am pegging the Fins a 6-10. Too much confusion at the QB position, and their D while nice isn't a top 5 defense that can carry that team to a above .500 record. The ownership also undermined the coaching staff by publicly looking for a replacement and failing to get one.

When your coaching and QB are undermined and compromised its hard to see the team getting above .500. A slight down grade in their RB's isn't going to make or break them.

Some of you guys are setting yourselves up for a potentially very big let down.

Lock for last in the AFC East

0-6 in the division.

If we lose to the fish and/or end up behind them in the AFC east we are going to have to put you guys on suicide watch ;)

90% of this board already is

Their offensive line is mega deep, stacked. Pro bowl LT and Colombo at Rt, pouncy center incognito and vernon carey at guards. Reports are their backups are looking very good also. Their defense could be a top 3 with young shut down corners, #99 back, cameron wake, and koa misa at LB's. I think they will be very competitve. Henne has nothing to lose so he will let it fly to Marshall. Their dline is also young,strong and very underrated. Can the coach get the players to buy in to him is the question.

Mega deep? Jake Long is the only one on that line that right now is very good and he's hurt (although I expect he will be ready for game one. Colombo is pretty bad and not reliable at all. Pouncey looks like he may be good but he hasn't played in the NFL yet. Vernon Carey is hurt and took a pay cut to back-up's money and just changed positions. Incognito is decent at best. Their line is better than ours, but only slightly.

Yet there are people saying Miami will actually have a better season then us........

Yeah ive been hearing that 2. I'm sick of the Bills being punching bags for everybody. I hope we go out at the start of the season and kick some $%^&^%()&%^%%.

If I was a Dolphin fan I'd be pissed. I haven't checked out any forums of theirs but what are they doing? They lose both Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams both pretty durable backs and get Reggie Bush. He will not carry the rock 40 times a game. He really won't help them at all if he truly has to be their #1 guy. That just isn't going to work. He is a good compliment but that is it.

Here is their RB depth chart

1) Reggie Bush 2) Daniel Thomas - Rookie picked in round 2 3) Lex Hilliard - only played ST last year

anything after these guys is pointless to list.

IMO they got rid of their 2 biggest offensive threats. I don't consider Brandon much of a threat with Henne as their QB and no run game. Teams will just double him and lock him down.

No one can convince me going into the season that they won't be the worst team in the AFC East and a top 5 worst team in the leauge. They may put themselves in the Andrew Luck sweepstakes when the team quits on Sporano 8 to 10 weeks in. I have never seen a team fold like that 1 and 15 Dolphin team that we beat into the ground in the snow a few years back. I have a feeling they will quit just like that.

I see them 0-6 in the division, losing to the Dal,Phi,NYG maybe beating WAS, They will lose to Hou, SD, KC, they may beat, DEN, CLE, OAK

I see 3 to 5 wins for this team at most. What do you guys think.

Couldn't agree more.

I am pegging the Fins a 6-10. Too much confusion at the QB position, and their D while nice isn't a top 5 defense that can carry that team to a above .500 record. The ownership also undermined the coaching staff by publicly looking for a replacement and failing to get one.

When your coaching and QB are undermined and compromised its hard to see the team getting above .500. A slight down grade in their RB's isn't going to make or break them.

Agreed. Except I think the downgrade is more than slight for RB. The running game is what gave them a chance to win games, Henne can't.

I think the biggest weakness (other than maybe QB) is the lame-duck head coach. If things start off poorly for them it's likely to doom them to firing the coach midseason and drop them off a cliff. They're OL is as shaky as ours, their QB is significantly worse and their HC is walking dead. I think they'll be lucky to hit 6 wins.

Daniel Thomas is a good back. I think he'll get the bulk of the carries with bush playing a role similar to the one he did in NO, but with a few more touches. To bad he doesn't have Brees.

:thumbsup: Yea he should be solid RB for the phins

Miami could be gearing up for Andrew Luck or Bill Cowher, either way I don't see them winning many games this year

backs are a dime a dozen these days in the NFL. Thats why taking spiller so high was a bad idea. as for their QB situation thats pretty bad....needless to say I can careless about them...

Unless he turned out to be another Adrian Peterson-Chris Johnson, we will see in a few weeks

Miami has a top 5 defense. Teams with top 5 defenses don't win 3-5 games. Their offense isn't nearly as bad as people are making them out to be. They are a 7-9 team. With this said, I expect the Bills to beat them twice.