Andre Reed in Sports Nation ESPN poll for 2012 HOF

I gotta say that is tough picking. I would imagine paul tagliabue and bill parcells will eat up 2 of the 5 spots and with carter, brown, and reed they might split the votes on themselves and keep each other out.

There are a lot of good players on that list however a name that stood out to me was terrell davis I thought when he retired he hadn't accrued enough years to be eligible or is it only baseball with a play time minimum? He was great but only 6 years in the league might keep him out (imo he's not worthy as pretty much anyone who ran on denver put up good numbers)

Surprised to not see more people vote for Aeneas Williams. That guy was incredible. One of the first true shut-down corners of this era and he played on some horrible teams.

I am surprised at how few votes Williams has gotten. His biggest problem was that he played for the Cardinals, a team that was rarely on national tv, so people did not get to see him that much.

IMO he was a better CB than Deion. Just ask Michael Irvin how tough it was to play against Williams.

Some of the names on this list are ridiculous. Kevin Greene? Roger Craig? Cortez Kennedy? Bill Cowher? Rod Smith? These guys are not HOF'ers.

I am amazed at the high voting over players like Cris Carter & Jerome Bettis. Carter can wait longer to get in, but Bettis has no business being in the HOF.

Tim Brown & Andre Reed were better receivers than Carter was. I am also surprised at the low numbers for Paul Tagliabue. That man did so much for the NFL and he deserves to be in the HOF.

I think Reed has a good chance. He has finished ahead of Carter the last 2 years, so I think he will be the next wr to get it. It is a shame in my opinion, that Irvin got in before Monk, Carter and Reed. He has 3 rings, but put Monk, Carter, or Reed on the Cowboys and they still win 3 rings. Irvin's stats don't compare to Reeds, Carters, and Monks.

Agreed, Air Coryell changed the game as we know it. The guy needs to be there, along with Art Modell and Andre.

Modell, the same jackass that screwed Cleveland over?

Also, compare Reed's career stats to Carter's and tell me who is more deserving.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CartCr00.htm

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/R/ReedAn00.htm

Almost identical stats, which tends to the guy who has waited longer should be in. While Carter was battling cocaine addiction in Philly, Reed was already dominating the AFC.

Still no love from the general public for Andre...
I am surprised at how few votes Williams has gotten. His biggest problem was that he played for the Cardinals, a team that was rarely on national tv, so people did not get to see him that much.

IMO he was a better CB than Deion. Just ask Michael Irvin how tough it was to play against Williams.

Some of the names on this list are ridiculous. Kevin Greene? Roger Craig? Cortez Kennedy? Bill Cowher? Rod Smith? These guys are not HOF'ers.

I am amazed at the high voting over players like Cris Carter & Jerome Bettis. Carter can wait longer to get in, but Bettis has no business being in the HOF.

Tim Brown & Andre Reed were better receivers than Carter was. I am also surprised at the low numbers for Paul Tagliabue. That man did so much for the NFL and he deserves to be in the HOF.

Totally agree with you guys. It's an absolute joke that Brown is ahead of Reed. I have less of a problem with Carter but Andre could run circles around him, as well, and deserves to be there over CC. Carter gets way too much pub and benefits from the "I've heard of him!" factor due to his stupid "C'mon, man!" schtick on ESPeNis. Art Monk had to wait forever and had very similar numbers to Andre but he finally made it into the Hall and so too will Reed. Just maybe not next year. I only voted for three: Reed, Tagliabue, and Ray Guy. Tags followed on the heels of Pete Rozelle, continued building upon what Rozelle created and took the NFL to even higher heights. I know a punter will (probably) never make it into the HOF but Guy was amazing and revolutionized the punting game and consistently changed field position in the Raiders' favor. He was a weapon and will never be fully appreciated by those who weren't fortunate enough to have seen him play. GO ANDRE!! GO BILLS!!!

I voted for Andre, A.Williams, and R.Guy. (Definitely agree with what others have said about Williams...the guy was money.)

Screw Chris Carter...guy is a major tool.

Actually I don't really have any opinion on the guy either way, I just want to see our boy Andre get the call.

Why is everyone on Bettis to the Hall? I believe he belongs in the Hall of Good or Hall of Average. He has a few terrible years and was lucky to latch on with Pittsburgh but really wasn't a difference maker by himself or at the position comparatively. He was great at certain things but not an overall "all time great" player in my opinion.