8/4 Practice Notes

why aren't we trying maybin out at TE? I mean seriously. He's undersized even there, but if he's so fast, maybe he can catch. why bother putting him at OLB? If your one 'highlight' is getting past a 5th round OT and you've been in the league 3 years, you have issues....

Guest three3

Lori also would like to be paid above the poverty level, I suspect...

if that's the case, i'd give something besides writing a try

http://wgr550.com/pages/9034669.php?pid=57611

I know the coaches are high on Urbik, but he's been struggling bad so far. Wonder if Hangartner doesn't get the starting Center position, would Gailey move him to RG?

Yeah, Gailey and Nix love Ubrik but he has done little to impress so far. The weak Steelers O-line was quick to discard him as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else starting there. I don't see any situation (baring injury) that Wood is not our starting center, so Hangartner is a possibility I guess. I think we have a number of options there though, just none that are proven.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

No she enjoys poverty and misery .... I miss her insights around here ... hope she returns for the high pay and benefits.

If she did, she would have never gone from here.

Yeah, Gailey and Nix love Ubrik but he has done little to impress so far. The weak Steelers O-line was quick to discard him as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see someone else starting there. I don't see any situation (baring injury) that Wood is not our starting center, so Hangartner is a possibility I guess. I think we have a number of options there though, just none that are proven.

Tells you how thin we are on the OL. We dont even have enough starter caliber players let alone backups. Much as we have loaded up on D, our OL is a disaster

If she did, she would have never gone from here.

Tells you how thin we are on the OL. We dont even have enough starter caliber players let alone backups. Much as we have loaded up on D, our OL is a disaster

Yeah I hear you there. I think Wood looks really solid, Levitre is Ok, after that it's a little scary.

Dude Roosevelt?

Didn't stand out to me anyway. At least nowhere near Dareus and Merriman ... they were beasts.

Caveat: I did spend more time watching the lines and a lot less watching the offense running the short routes against the DBs.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Dude Roosevelt?

With Buster recently signed, Roosevelt is going to have one heck of a time trying to make this team. I doubt it will happen.

Evans, Johnson, Nelson, Parish, Easley, Smith, Davis,

In the mix, guys like Jones, Huggins, Roosevelt, udfa's..

With Buster recently signed, Roosevelt is going to have one heck of a time trying to make this team. I doubt it will happen.

Evans, Johnson, Nelson, Parish, Easley, Smith, Davis,

In the mix, guys like Jones, Huggins, Roosevelt, udfa's..

I guarantee that Davis signed for the veteran minimum. There is no way he is any kind of automatic roster spot. He's well behind Roosevelt right now and it will take a lot for him to pass Namaan, even though I don't expect Roosevelt to make the final roster. I think Donald Jones is the one on the bubble (unless Easley cannot get healthy), and because of his ST play and blocking, he's likely to stick. Davis is a long-shot.