Donte say's his heart is in Buffalo

It wouldn't bother me to see Donte back at the right price. I think he took too much crap from the people who follow twitter. I think another athlete like Donte on this defense would be nice. Although if he left, who really gives a schiete.

Good point. Donte's Twitter messages don't bother me because I do not follow Twitter.

Come on home Donte! and leave the iphone at your moms house.

Twitter is dumb. I had never really known anyone who was into Twitter, until one night I noticed my brother-in-law checking in on his Hollywood celebreties. A beautiful Saturday night, poolside, music, drinks, friends, hot wives - and there he is thumbing away for half an hour on his iphone. Lame.

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been saying the same thing for years. Donte is one of the best tackling safeties in the league. I wish he were better in coverage, but he is solid at the point of attack. That said, he needs to grow up asap, cause his mouth gets him into trouble a lot. I would be very happy re-signing him at around $4M.

I kinda agree, is he a future Hall of Famer, no, but he is a decent safety and one hell of a hitter. He is just as good or better than what we have now, but for some reason alot of people on this forum make it sound like he is terrible, which he is far from. If he gets a deal with someone else, good for him, if he were to come back here, which I don't think will happen, that is good too. It is kind a strange in that I think alot of hate on this board towards Whitner is because he opens his mouth and is vocal, but where is that hate towards Stevie Johnson for going even farther by writing crap on a shirt and getting fined (that is farther from being a team player and drawing attention towards one self than anything Whitner ever did)? When is the last time Whitner got fined for being and idiot? I don't think he has, he is an idiot within the rules at least.

Edited by billsfreak

I've accessed Nix's answering machine and he has it set up for Donte. When you call the message says:

"I am not available right now, but

thank you for caring enough to call.

I am making some changes to the team.

Please leave a message after the

beep. If I do not return your call,

you are one of the changes."

I like Whitner, okay...I would re-sign him. His biggest crimes seem to be the Bills over-estimated his value in the draft, and he is a little too enthusiastic at times. But the guy plays hard, he is a solid open field tackler (ain't his fault the Bills run some crummy defense)...not an elite player, but hardly worthless...sign him up...he wants to be in Buffalo (how refreshing is that), and, I would imagine, has been humbled a bit, as far as his salary desires go...do it now. I heard the local guys here in Austin, this morning say that the Cowboys may be interested in him.

I kinda agree, is he a future Hall of Famer, no, but he is a decent safety and one hell of a hitter. He is just as good or better than what we have now, but for some reason alot of people on this forum make it sound like he is terrible, which he is far from. If he gets a deal with someone else, good for him, if he were to come back here, which I don't think will happen, that is good too. It is kind a strange in that I think alot of hate on this board towards Whitner is because he opens his mouth and is vocal, but where is that hate towards Stevie Johnson for going even farther by writing crap on a shirt and getting fined (that is farther from being a team player and drawing attention towards one self than anything Whitner ever did)? When is the last time Whitner got fined for being and idiot? I don't think he has, he is an idiot within the rules at least.

When you have over 1000 yards and 10 td's I don't really care if you do that look at me now showoff crap.

Now we all saw how inflated Donte's ego became on twitter, but just imagine if he actually had some big interceptions and pick sixes. He would of probably crowned himself the next coming of christ

Edited by LoyalToTheEnd

Green are you the artist behind your name?

No, but I attended the grand opening! Not many remember the neon Green Lightning artwork on Elmwood. It was a fun time in B-Lo. Especially when Jimmy Griffen tried to bulldoze the work and the courts stopped him. No lover of the dancing "Mr. Peanut" art was Jimmy.

lol no.

not even a little bit.

how often do you see him absolutely blow somebody up?

he is not even remotely a feared hitter in this league.

Who did you talk to to get that info?

Pretty sure he is known as a big hitter.

Not even a little bit you say?

Stop being a hater

lol no.

not even a little bit.

how often do you see him absolutely blow somebody up?

he is not even remotely a feared hitter in this league.

"lol no"? Have you watched Bills games? I'm not a fan of Whitner or his attitude. But to say he's not a hard hitter, "not even a little bit" is just plain false. Whitner smashes dudes! The problem is, it's usually after a big gain. And, yes, I'm fairly positive he was the one who destroyed Chad Johnson (as referenced above).

There's lots of things Donte can't do. But laying a lick on someone certainly isn't one of them. I'd argue he was the hardest hitter on our team when he was here. But again, the volume of the crack was usually a mute point by the time it happened.

big hitting safeties time their hits and crack a receiver when they are most vulnerable, and tiptoe the line of personal fouls. they dizzy guys up and make them think twice.

donte is poor in coverage and decent in run support. he is a good tackler in run support, but more of a sure tackler than a guy that's going to force a lot of fumbles or deliver a concussion or anything.

not saying there is something wrong with that, just saying he's not a feared hitter whatsoever. if he was halfway decent in coverage he'd be a pretty good player. as is he's not terrible, i think he's a starting caliber safety in the NFL, just among the bottom half.

big hitting safeties time their hits and crack a receiver when they are most vulnerable, and tiptoe the line of personal fouls. they dizzy guys up and make them think twice.

donte is poor in coverage and decent in run support. he is a good tackler in run support, but more of a sure tackler than a guy that's going to force a lot of fumbles or deliver a concussion or anything.

Yeah, I gotta disagree with you again on this. I would consider him more of a "big hitting" safety than a "sure tackler". There's been plenty of times when I yelled at the TV because he was trying too hard to deliver a knockout and not hard enough on actually tackling the guy.