Banged up after 3 days

All teams have injuries. Especily to guys like Easley and Shephard on other teams that you have never heard of. We have high hopes for these guys here in Buff but in the NFL these guys are almost unheard of. Things happen. They are out for a week or so it sounds like. Let's just hope Shephard is keeping in it in the filmroom and playbooks and Easley isn't getting effected mentally.

One big issue this thread raises, is the Bills have to stay away from injuries. Which of course, is probably impossible to do. Nonetheless, the less injuries, especially to key players, the more likely a team is to be consistent, and to win. Keep your eye in the injury list, that will be the first big indicator of the level of success for this season.

I have to say though about Easley that most of us who saw what he was about last year are pretty concerned, simply because it really looks like this kid can play, and play well. he was easily the most notable presence on the practice field prior to his injury. Stevie was not even a discussion at that point, and since he has emerged, it has a lot of fans excited about Easley's potential.

I'm not panicking, but was seriously annoyed that he already has an issue with the same knee. a hyper extension in a surgically repaired knee is more serious than people want to admit. It can mean that there is more movement than there should be. I hope it's nothing, I really want to see this kid turn into the next big play maker.

Are you saying that people get banged up when they play a physically intense game?

Crazy.

Physically intense game? We are talking about 3 days of fairly light practice aren't we? Not full on, game type contact to the best of my knowledge.

It surprises me that NFL players are not 100% in shape when they report to camp (at least I assume this is the case, why else so many injuries so early and overweight players). I would think camp time could be used better than having to get players in physical shape.

Edited by CodeMonkey

It is and has been our luck for the last I don't know...8 years? We always have multiple highly anticipated draft pick or 2nd or 3rd year guys that we are expecting this will be the year they take it to the next level that are being considered for starting roles that get injured in camp or in the preseason.

It's part of football but it does seem like we are hit more often that other teams. So far this year is turning out to be no exception. I hope this year IS an exception in that we don't lose guys to IR. Some bumps, bruises, pulls and a few days or maybe a couple weeks missed is one thing. IR is another. The week to few week injuries are just huge right now because we basically haven't had an off season to this point. Lost time means a lot more this year.

Edited by PDaDdy

It is a semi-intense game now with new rules from NFLPA.

The newer rules protecting vulnerable players from questionable hits came from the NFL… not the NFLPA.

Making the game safer is obviously one of Goodell's agenda items and probably part of the legacy he wishes to leave.

And regardless of these new rules, I bet that you watch the games with the exact same intensity as before they were instituted… unless you're the person who watches auto racing for the crashes, and hockey games for the fights.

BTW, I think the most significant injury right now is Nick Fairley's. I don't know the extent of it but I know he has a foot problem, is unable to practice and is wearing a walking boot right now.

Even in toned-down workouts, when you have 90 players on 32 rosters, you have 2880 guys running around playing some facsimile of football.

Injuries are inevitable.

Knock on wood, I'm pleased so far with the overall health of our team. Knock on wood again.