UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

Wow, I wish I were a member way back when this started!

I served as an air traffic controller in the USN and saw/heard of ‘UFO’s’ relatively regularly. While I was there (five years), we could figure out what they all were. 

I’ve got tons of interesting stories (including TWA800). Not aliens or a missile in case you’re wondering. ? 

Do tell.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hydrogen-breathing-aliens-study-suggests-150119656.html

Hydrogen-breathing aliens? Study suggests new approach to finding extraterrestrial life

But what if alien life uses somewhat different chemistry to ours? A new study, published in Nature Astronomy, argues that our best chances of using atmospheres to find evidence of life is to broaden our search from focusing on planets like our own to include those with a hydrogen atmosphere.

We can probe the atmosphere of an exoplanet when it passes in front of its star. When such a transit happens, the star’s light has to pass through the planet’s atmosphere to reach us and some of it is absorbed as it goes. Looking at the star’s spectrum – its light broken down according to its wavelength – and working out what light is missing because of the transit reveals which gases the atmosphere consists of. Documenting exoplanet atmospheres is one of the goals of the much-delayed James Webb Space Telescope.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Any updates on this?

Well, I don't know if I would call it an update, but apparently the fact that we have no real evidence of alien life tends to prove that there is a conspiracy to hide it:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/5/8/21244090/pentagon-ufo-videos-navy-alexander-wendt?utm_source=pocket-newtab

On 5/10/2020 at 9:06 AM, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

Well, I don't know if I would call it an update, but apparently the fact that we have no real evidence of alien life tends to prove that there is a conspiracy to hide it:

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/5/8/21244090/pentagon-ufo-videos-navy-alexander-wendt?utm_source=pocket-newtab

I think they hit on the truth, which is very complex and very simple at the same time: there's no upside.

If aliens existed on this planet, we'd have to wait for them to make themselves known to us. We can't spend the money trying to find them.

What we can spend the money on is technology that will allow us to get off this planet.

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

1 I think they hit on the truth, which is very complex and very simple at the same time: there's no upside.

2 If aliens existed on this planet, we'd have to wait for them to make themselves known to us. We can't spend the money trying to find them.

3 What we can spend the money on is technology that will allow us to get off this planet.

1.  Accurate

2. They don't exist here or anywhere else.  Money spent trying to find them is wasted.  If they did exist they would be able to hide from us........except math.  Accept math.

3.  Correct.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/one-million-super-earth-discovered-222459492.html

Another day, another super-Earth? Not so fast. This one really is special.

Calling it "incredibly rare," New Zealand astronomers say that the planet "is one of only a handful that have been discovered with both size and orbit comparable to that of Earth," according to a statement.

It would also orbit its star at a location between Venus and Earth. 

However, as for life, or water, study authors say not to get our hopes up: "Although it’s not too much bigger than Earth, and orbiting its star at a similar distance, this planet would be very cold because its star is smaller than the sun and emits much less light,"  study co-author Michael Abrow of New Zealand's University of Canterbury told USA TODAY.

Haven't they seen the frozen worlds on Star Wars? 

Reports of a crash in Brazil are all over the place. 

Translation:

now at night I heard a very loud noise in the sky, my husband and I saw 3 (ships or sla what they could be) were not airplanes because they were at a surreal speed ... And the noise was strange, it was loud! There were lights, blue, and red And, we are living the end of time. They are mapping the entire territory. In the end, no one will have anywhere to hide that they call me MAD from history, but whoever knows the Bible knows what I'm talking about

Translation: 

"Video of the MAGE UFO! Supposed flying saucer was filmed by a woman who claims to have breached the lockdown to take the video. 

#Ovni

#OvniMage

#Mage

Those tags on Twitter will lead you to more

?

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Why are all UFO sightings automatically attributed to aliens? If it had 100 led equipped drones and a computer program, I could create the same phenomena.

Not UFO related but .... Space  "New" disc galaxy discovered. 

https://www.space.com/wolfe-disk-massive-galaxy-discovery.html

This process is thought to be fairly gradual, taking a long time. But the newly discovered galaxy DLA0817g, nicknamed the "Wolfe Disk," which scientists believe formed in the early universe, suggests that disk galaxies could actually form quite quickly. 

yet ..... somehow Middle Earth comes to mind 

MGMJrcT43Bk5u5zAFUHJd4-650-80.jpg

9feb19da9f013ee2ae785e0593c7ea3e.gif

• Thank you (+1) 1

Sorry for the lack of a link but in the news today are claims of discovery that a parallel universe exists where physic are the opposite and time moves in reverse.

Think it through....I won't give you hints......one parallel universe where time runs backwords from ours can't really exist.  There would have to be infinite parallels.  Why?

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Sorry for the lack of a link but in the news today are claims of discovery that a parallel universe exists where physic are the opposite and time moves in reverse.

Think it through....I won't give you hints......one parallel universe where time runs backwords from ours can't really exist.  There would have to be infinite parallels.  Why?

Because aliens exist.

Also, *backwards

https://www.sciencealert.com/of-course-nasa-did-not-detect-a-parallel-universe-in-antarctica

• Haha (+1) 1

https://www.yahoo.com/news/research-reveals-odds-life-evolving-194243028.html

New research reveals the odds of life evolving on alien worlds

"In Bayesian inference, prior probability distributions always need to be selected," Kipping said. "But a key result here is that when one compares the rare-life versus common-life scenarios, the common-life scenario is always at least nine times more likely than the rare one."

This life-friendly probability distribution is based on the fact that life developed so quickly after Earth's formation. The earliest life forms emerged during the first 300 million years in Earth's history.