Aaron Maybin only weighs 228lbs

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who knows, Maybe Dickie J will lobby Holmgren on that quick first step... If DJ believes he could fit into his D, maybe the Bills will gain somethign over just cutting him...

Jauron wouldn't even play Maybin when he was here and he was his own freakin' draft pick! No way does he lobby for a trade.

I wanted Oher. Imagine if that draft had been Oher/Wood/Levitre.

How about Orakpo, Oher, and Levitre?

It coulda happened if the Bills traded for the Eagles 1st 1st rounder instead of requesting their second 1st and a 6th the next year (or whatever it was). Idiots.

PS: I will never believe that DJ was the heart and soul behind the Maybin pick. It just does not logically make any sense whatsoever. You are really looking through Bills colored glasses if you believe that BS coming from the Bills propaganda machine.

The Bills were as close as you can be to firing Dickie at the end of 2008. That’s when the Inner circle [jerk] met and decided, after much deliberation, they would keep him (to the disgust of all fans). Fast forward 4 short months, and the same inner circle [jerk] decides to let the coach they almost fired draft a player that no one else wants, and the entire scouting staff thinks is going to suck….. O yea…. That’s believable….

I'd rather have had the LT/C/G. This team hasn't had a real center since Hull and Wood is going to be that guy. Of course, we could have gone Orakpo if we'd drafted Mangold instead of McCargo. Imagine an interior of Levitre/Mangold/Wood with Oher.

PS: I will never believe that DJ was the heart and soul behind the Maybin pick. It just does not logically make any sense whatsoever. You are really looking through Bills colored glasses if you believe that BS coming from the Bills propaganda machine.

The Bills were as close as you can be to firing Dickie at the end of 2008. That’s when the Inner circle [jerk] met and decided, after much deliberation, they would keep him (to the disgust of all fans). Fast forward 4 short months, and the same inner circle [jerk] decides to let the coach they almost fired draft a player that no one else wants, and the entire scouting staff thinks is going to suck….. O yea…. That’s believable….

I've been a fan of this team for 40 years. I'd believe just about any related circle jerkism that someone would offer based on experience. It's how Ralph runs the show.

youtube.com/watch?v=mMnfkQ383ug

You are about to explode. They're all going to witness the emergence of one of the greatest rush ends.

Who knew 3 years later, he'd still be without his first NFL sack? Incredible. I hope he managed his money wisely, because he'll need it for his second profession. Wish I could go back in time and undo this colossal disaster. Wish some other team had taken this problem off our hands, or better yet, I wish the Bills had a FO that was smart enough to avert a disaster in the making. I believe they do now. I hope they do now.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/8/8/2350980/aaron-maybin-trade-rumors-buffalo-bills

This should come as no surprise, the Bills are trying to trade Maybin. Thanks Dickie J for drafting a bust at #11, instead of drafting an impact player (like Orakpo)that would have been on the team for many of years. Instead, the Bills will either get a late round pick (5th thru 7th, with 5th being generous) or will cut Maybin if there are no suitors. What a waste of another top draft pick (not that we didn't know this already).

He has been terrible, but as far as I know, Dickie J. (as you so strangely put it), wasn't ever the GM of this team.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/8/8/2350980/aaron-maybin-trade-rumors-buffalo-bills

This should come as no surprise, the Bills are trying to trade Maybin. Thanks Dickie J for drafting a bust at #11, instead of drafting an impact player (like Orakpo)that would have been on the team for many of years. Instead, the Bills will either get a late round pick (5th thru 7th, with 5th being generous) or will cut Maybin if there are no suitors. What a waste of another top draft pick (not that we didn't know this already).

here's praying but he will probably will get cut.

He has been terrible, but as far as I know, Dickie J. (as you so strangely put it), wasn't ever the GM of this team.

It's been rumored/speculated that Jauron had a ton of influence on the draft picks during his tenure in Buffalo, and that Jauron wanted Maybin (take that for what it's worth.) Nix stated if he was the GM during that time (when Maybin was drafted), that he wouldn't have drafted Maybin, because he doesn't like one-year wonders. Either way, it was the wrong pick and especially at the most critical spot in the 2009 draft.

Not only the draft pick, but if he's traded the other team has to pick up his current salary.

8/21/2009: Signed a five-year, $17.6 million contract. The deal contains $15 million guaranteed, including a $7.087 million signing bonus. Another $7.4 million is available through incentives based on playing time and sacks. 2011: $757,500, 2012: $1.12 million, 2013: $1.4825 million, 2014: $1.5 million (Voidable Year), 2015: Free Agent
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5177/player?r=1

$757K for 2011 plus incentives that I'm sure have not been reached. Not overly restrictive, though I doubt anyone would want to give something for him if they know they could have him for free in a few weeks.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

It coulda happened if the Bills traded for the Eagles 1st 1st rounder instead of requesting their second 1st and a 6th the next year (or whatever it was). Idiots.

The Bills were as close as you can be to firing Dickie at the end of 2008. That's when the Inner circle [jerk] met and decided, after much deliberation, they would keep him (to the disgust of all fans). Fast forward 4 short months, and the same inner circle [jerk] decides to let the coach they almost fired draft a player that no one else wants, and the entire scouting staff thinks is going to suck….. O yea…. That's believable….

To some extent,it is.

Jauron is/was an extremely nice guy whom Ralph Wilson liked. Wouldn't surprise me if Jauron convinced Ralph to give him enough say-so to either develop a winner or to hang himself.