Aaron Maybin only weighs 228lbs

We both agree that he is lousy...........but do you think that the best he could do was show up for camp at 228 pounds? He was pushing 250 at his combine workout. You sure you are sticking to that story about doing the best he can?

As far as his reporting weight he is claiming it was 240 lbs. But that isn't the real issue. He is a well conditioned athlete who trains very hard. He simply isn't a good football player.

What about special teams? The idea that he is literally too uninstinctive to cover a kick is a bit far fetched.

He doesn't play on the special teams because he is not good on special teams. The bottom line is at this point he is very ineffective when on the field. The coach plays his best players. He is not one of them.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, it doesn't matter what size Maybin is, he simply doesn't have talent. To top it off, Maybin isn't even that quick either. What you have here is a one year wonder in college, who was drafted in the first round, that simply ISN'T A PRO QUALITY FOOTBALL PLAYER. I don't hate Maybin, I actually feel bad for him that he was drafted so early and asked to do something he wasn't capable of. Luckily for him he got paid....

Credit for this move can be given to the perfect storm of Jauron, Modrak, NO GM, and Ralph's personal buddies that he lets run the organization.

There is good news here though. While Nix and company had a very shaky first draft IMO (Modrak was still here) and they signed George Edwards, I think they have made very solid moves since then. Over this last year I have had this unfamiliar feeling that our FO might actually know what they are doing. Things like signing Merriman on the cheap, picking up Barnett, drafting Dareus, and quickly recognizing that George Edwards was not a capable DC and signing Wannstedt, are solid moves IMO. They have made this team stronger, and addressed weaknesses, all while keeping cap space available just in case we are ever competitive.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

If there is nothing to suggest that he's not tough, then what does the fact that he doesn't even play special teams suggest?

There are no instincts required to cover kicks. Run to the ball and stay in your lane. If you were really worried about losing your job in the NFL, would you try to make yourself useful to the team?

I completely disagree. I'm sure Steve Tasker would also disagree. A lot of being a great STeamer is about having great instincts. You put Maybin out there, and he's be flailing around, running outside of his lane, etc.

Who really knows what the problem's been with this guy? But I'm sticking to my theory that it's more about bad football instincts, rather than a lack of toughness.

In reading the recent article about him, it seems like he still doesn't realize he is the problem. he acts like the coaches are keeping him down. I talked to some guys i know that work for the team two years ago whil ethey were in town for the Atlanta Game. They told me that maybin was basically the least intelligent guy on the team. For what it is worth.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

In reading the recent article about him, it seems like he still doesn't realize he is the problem. he acts like the coaches are keeping him down. I talked to some guys i know that work for the team two years ago whil ethey were in town for the Atlanta Game. They told me that maybin was basically the least intelligent guy on the team. For what it is worth.

So he's not big, not strong, not tough, not fast, and now we have conformation that he is not smart as well? Sounds like the perfect player!

What team wouldn't try to trade for him?

Edited by Turbosrrgood

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/8/8/2350980/aaron-maybin-trade-rumors-buffalo-bills

This should come as no surprise, the Bills are trying to trade Maybin. Thanks Dickie J for drafting a bust at #11, instead of drafting an impact player (like Orakpo)that would have been on the team for many of years. Instead, the Bills will either get a late round pick (5th thru 7th, with 5th being generous) or will cut Maybin if there are no suitors. What a waste of another top draft pick (not that we didn't know this already).

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/8/8/2350980/aaron-maybin-trade-rumors-buffalo-bills

This should come as no surprise, the Bills are trying to trade Maybin. Thanks Dickie J for drafting a bust at #11, instead of drafting an impact player (like Orakpo)that would have been on the team for many of years. Instead, the Bills will either get a late round pick (5th thru 7th, with 5th being generous) or will cut Maybin if there are no suitors. What a waste of another top draft pick (not that we didn't know this already).

How about a bag of musty old footballs and a few cans of jock itch. lol. 0:)

Edited by shadowcat10

A 7th is generous. Maybin will be cut if he leaves, not traded.