What is Nix up too?

Your crazy!

You still don't know what he is doing, whats the expectation go out and sign every free agent. The last two drafts I believe were our best in a long time, this a young team now and the qaulity of the players is getting better. Our real problem is we still don't have a franchise qb and no big names are signing in buffalo unless they are way overpaid or we can make a real run for the playoffs.

I think with this roster we pick in the top 5 next year, we all know about luck but also another guy named blakley thats going to be a good one. thats when it starts they they draft lb and go out and get the best right tackle they can and free agents will come and you will not pay top dollar you may not even need them.

look at detroit, they are in a spot to be agood team for a while mind you not the patriots but will bet a tough team to play against this year and a few years ago they were what we are today. No big free agents just good drafting.

How many starters (on a team with many opportunities) in last years draft?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your crazy!

You still don't know what he is doing, whats the expectation go out and sign every free agent. The last two drafts I believe were our best in a long time, this a young team now and the qaulity of the players is getting better. Our real problem is we still don't have a franchise qb and no big names are signing in buffalo unless they are way overpaid or we can make a real run for the playoffs.

I think with this roster we pick in the top 5 next year, we all know about luck but also another guy named blakley thats going to be a good one. thats when it starts they they draft lb and go out and get the best right tackle they can and free agents will come and you will not pay top dollar you may not even need them.

look at detroit, they are in a spot to be agood team for a while mind you not the patriots but will bet a tough team to play against this year and a few years ago they were what we are today. No big free agents just good drafting.

After reading your post (13 Player) I see you are just another example of a guy who settles for mediocrity. Someone who feels that the draft will solve everything. Uhhh, No. Picking up servicable guys is needed. I wouldnt spend that type of money on Poz either, but having a plan to fill that spot is important, because let me say this clearly so you can understand. We got RUN all over last year. Our Run Defense was terrible. Absolutly, terrible. and in case you did not notice last year, our problems were not because of a QB. Fitz did a hell of a job last year and is poised to be even better this year. What kind of Franchise QB do you think is ready to come to Buffalo? and in the draft next year, if we get a qb. How long do you think it will take for him to lead this team. Your nuts. and just so you know. How long do you think it took Detroit to get that team. a while. Do you want to wait another 5 years to get to the playoffs. Sorry, Not me. Free Agency is not something to just sit back on and watch. You select a couple of solid guys and go after them. Target guys that fit your scheme. and position.

this is an example of your "my feelings" post... or "I'm sad...that we didnt overpay for mediocre free agents Clabo (5 mil per), Poz (7 mil per), Burnett and Colon!" post.

this is an example of me posting... "I'm tired of reading people who are upset with the Bills not giving Poz 8 mil+ per season to out bid Jax...becuase Poz is not worth 6...7 or 8 mil-dummies!"

Go back to College buddy, You cant even spell it correctly. If your tired about reading posts from people who are pissed about the state of the Bills, than go back to settling on mediocre expectations. I think a lot of fans are tired of the Bills making dumb moves. We would like to see them put together a winner in the next twenty years. Your right, That's too much money for Poz, but finding someone that will excel in that position is not something to sit back on.

Go back to College buddy, You cant even spell it correctly. If your tired about reading posts from people who are pissed about the state of the Bills, than go back to settling on mediocre expectations. I think a lot of fans are tired of the Bills making dumb moves. We would like to see them put together a winner in the next twenty years. Your right, That's too much money for Poz, but finding someone that will excel in that position is not something to sit back on.

:thumbdown::rolleyes:

Edited by Bangarang

Go back to College buddy, You cant even spell it correctly. If your (Sp-5) tired about reading posts from people who are pissed about the state of the Bills, than (wrong word -10) go back to settling on mediocre expectations. I think a lot of fans are tired of the Bills making dumb moves. We would like to see them put together a winner in the next twenty years. Your (Sp-5)right, That's too much money for Poz, but finding someone that will excel in that position is not something to sit back on.

Kollidge? Did yu gradamacate Hi skool?

After reading your post (13 Player) I see you are just another example of a guy who settles for mediocrity. Someone who feels that the draft will solve everything. Uhhh, No. Picking up servicable guys is needed. I wouldnt spend that type of money on Poz either, but having a plan to fill that spot is important, because let me say this clearly so you can understand. We got RUN all over last year. Our Run Defense was terrible. Absolutly, terrible. and in case you did not notice last year, our problems were not because of a QB. Fitz did a hell of a job last year and is poised to be even better this year. What kind of Franchise QB do you think is ready to come to Buffalo? and in the draft next year, if we get a qb. How long do you think it will take for him to lead this team. Your nuts. and just so you know. How long do you think it took Detroit to get that team. a while. Do you want to wait another 5 years to get to the playoffs. Sorry, Not me. Free Agency is not something to just sit back on and watch. You select a couple of solid guys and go after them. Target guys that fit your scheme. and position.

Yup, look at all the free agent deals there freaking great that buffalo has signed.Your right it takes time to build through the draft but if we had started when everyone thought Marv and his ivy league men were going to turn this thing around we would be just fine now. the sooner we start to do things right the sooner we start making the playoffs.

In closing you can sign all the free agents you want, spikes, fletcher,owens whoever, without a qb and at shot at a superbowl noone wants to stick around, argue as much as you want it will not change that.

The excuse making for the FO is getting almost as nauseating as the "Ralph is cheap" crowd. The eye rolling "you build through the draft" nonsense is getting ridiculous. Yes, it's preferable to primarily build your team through the draft. But to pledge your unwavering allegiance to this abstract notion is absurd.

As far as the excuses go, after a while it doesn't wash. Any excuse is a good excuse as long as you only use it once. The bottom line is, this team has a few holes that could be better filled with free agents. To go into the season with glaring weaknesses that you chose not to address because it didn't just fall into your lap is incompetence.

The "people don't want to come to Buffalo" line just tells me they're not doing a good job of selling their vision for the future.

The line about good teams not signing free agents is fair. I mean, we wouldn't want to mimic the stragegy of perrenial losers like the Eagles, Patriots, and Jets.

There's still time and I might feel good about this team by the end of camp, but I'm not there now and I'm usually optimistic around this time. I just really feel like we're close, and not seriously addressing our 2-3 biggest weaknesses tells me we've accepted being sorry for another year and i'm not okay with that.

I don't even have Brett Favre to cheer for as a contingency plan in case the Bills suck again (That one's served me well for most of the last decade).Oh well, at least my wife won't complain that I watch too much football.

Edited by Rob's House

Very Solid Receiver?? Maybe 5 years ago

D-lineman that will dominate?? This is Albert Hayensworth we are talking about...

Do you think Poz is worth 7 Million a year over 5 years??

Cmon guys get some common sense. The Bills building process is going to be gradual and not through free agency, which is always mostly washed up players anyway.

Five years ago he was elite. At worst now, he is "a very solid receiver." With Brady, he'll put up 80rec in his sleep. And yes, a motivated Haynesworth should scare us. And for the price they got those guys, we'd be campaigning for Buddy as GM of the year.

Cmon guys get some common sense. The Bills building process is going to be gradual and not through free agency, which is always mostly washed up players anyway.

I think 10 years of rebuilding is enough.

Very Solid Receiver?? Maybe 5 years ago

D-lineman that will dominate?? This is Albert Hayensworth we are talking about...

Do you think Poz is worth 7 Million a year over 5 years??

Yeah, don't you guys see how New England sucks with their stupid washed out players year in and year out?

10+ years of drafting players for systems that just don't work--will be fixed with mediocre free agents? I doubt it...Every team that is a WINNER has a nucleus of DRAFTED players to build around...Pats, Jets, Indy, Steelers...etc...etc

a system that works needs to be in place...players that fit that system need to be in place...and the best way to see this transpire is through the draft!

Repeat...teams that build through the draft can win...the Bills under Polian did this!

my name is kollegestudnet..because I'm a UB graduate!

The guy gives his opinion and that is your response. It's a message board. You seriously sound like a child. :cry: Grow up.

Agreed, that response is always lame..

As for the Pollyannas, I never saw a need to put any on ignore.... once the season starts and reality sets in, most of them go away on their own. :lol:

Agreed, that response is always lame..

As for the Pollyannas, I never saw a need to put any on ignore.... once the season starts and reality sets in, most of them go away on their own. :lol:

Anyone who only wants to hear a like minded opinion is a little one dimensional for me. It's the same reason that I won't listen to only Rush or only someone like Randy Rhodes. I want to hear both sides of the story, cut through the BS and make up my own mind. And frankly, I can't imagine being an adult an announcing to the board that they are officially on my "ignore list". :lol:

I will say this Rico, it seems less and less Pollys populate this site every year. The ones who are still here are the most ardent of "fans" so it feels multiplied. It's always great to get a Rico sighting though. My signature says it all, no truer words have ever been spoken on this board. :beer:

Edited by John Cocktosten

Too many people expect a football team to solve depression in other areas of their life by making big splashy moves

I was thinking the same thing.

And if you aren't getting enjoyment out of your team than you need to find another hobby or team to root for. Football is a game, enjoy it!

Anyone who only wants to hear a like minded opinion is a little one dimensional for me. It's the same reason that I won't listen to only Rush or only someone like Randy Rhodes. I want to hear both sides of the story, cut through the BS and make up my own mind. And frankly, I can't imagine being an adult an announcing to the board that they are officially on my "ignore list". :lol:

I will say this Rico, it seems less and less Pollys populate this site every year. The ones who are still here are the most ardent of "fans" so it feels multiplied. It's always great to get a Rico sighting though. My signature says it all, no truer words have ever been spoken on this board. :beer:

LMAO, great sig!

I really like your posts too, thanks for keeping it real. :thumbsup: