Von Miller has signed w/ Denver

eball

He'll be there. I think the FO is tied up right now between Clabo and ILBs.

Good news is, Dareus has been playing in a 3-4/4-3 hybrid for the last 3 years. He's basically ready to go. Jsut line him up, slap his big rear, and say "GO GET EM!"

how much do these top guys get now? Interesting since Miller was one of the guys suing the NFL to keep the rookies big salaries.

i havent seen a comprehensive explanation, but this might provide some more insight on how it all works...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/41131/just-in-nfc-west-rookie-pool-allotments

still confused.

WTF! How long does it take to sign our guy when the players immediately before and after have already signed? Typical Bills tactics. Play it cheap and force the guy to hold out.

I am SO fu*kin' done with this team!

GO BILLS!!!

how much do these top guys get now? Interesting since Miller was one of the guys suing the NFL to keep the rookies big salaries.

Basically the rookies for each team get a pool of money. Much like the cap is right now. But all that money has to be split up between your draft picks and UDFA. There is no slotted amount of money like the NBA.... and it will still work a lot like before where they wait and see what the guys around them get. The kicker is there is less money to work with, and if your an agent you want your guy to get the extra year incentive and don't want to hold out on his development.

Basically the rookies for each team get a pool of money. Much like the cap is right now. But all that money has to be split up between your draft picks and UDFA. There is no slotted amount of money like the NBA.... and it will still work a lot like before where they wait and see what the guys around them get. The kicker is there is less money to work with, and if your an agent you want your guy to get the extra year incentive and don't want to hold out on his development.

Per the Clayton blog I posted, it seems like there are minimums for the 1st round picks. But you are right, nothing close to how the NBA does it. Not that easy, or cut and dry.

WTF! How long does it take to sign our guy when the players immediately before and after have already signed? Typical Bills tactics. Play it cheap and force the guy to hold out.

I am SO fu*kin' done with this team!

GO BILLS!!!

Bye. Do not let gate hit you on way out!

Miller's contract: 4 years, $21 million, all of it guaranteed.

These are much more reasonable rooki contracts. I'm so elated we got a rookie wage scale.

And Green came in at 4/19.6m so I'm thinking Dareus comes in at 4/20.3m with all if it guaranteed.

Simple.

GO BILLS!!!

Honestly, it is that simple and i am PO'd that it isn't done yet.

What are they debating?

Well, for one, it could be over whether the entire contract is guaranteed.

For another, Dareus' agent may be posturing that regardless of draft spot, Dareus should be paid the same or more than Miller.

Just hypothesizing, I have no inside information.

Honestly, it is that simple and i am PO'd that it isn't done yet.

What are they debating?

Well, for one, it could be over whether the entire contract is guaranteed.

For another, Dareus' agent may be posturing that regardless of draft spot, Dareus should be paid the same or more than Miller.

Just hypothesizing, I have no inside information.

This. There are plenty of things to negotiate over. There is no slotting, just minimums and a cap.

Denver hasnt been as active in FA as we have. Our FO has been tied up chasing Poz, Florence, Smith, and Clabo. We still need to chase down an ILB and OT.

Dareus has been a star on the most pro-ready 3-4/4-3 hybrid defense in all of college football. He's not an offensive player that needs the playbook. We'll have him signed this weekend and at camp in no time.