Whitner

Heitz

Seems strange that we haven't even heard any mentions of Whitner getting any looks. I thought that Cleveland would have swooped him up by now - I'm sure their fans are screaming FAILURE right about now too!

Interesting too that Weddle got a 5 year deal for $40MM, wonder what that'll do for Donte's value? They have comparable numbers over their careers...

I'm just curious, I don't think the Bills should try and resign him, unless it's a really friendly number.

So far, so good:

Tyler Thigpen is a huge upgrade over friggin' Brohm. :thumbsup:

Didn't break the bank for friggin' Pos. :thumbsup:

Re-signed Florence. :thumbsup:

Now if Lil Donte will hurry up & sign with another team, I will be very pleased. :beer:

Seems strange that we haven't even heard any mentions of Whitner getting any looks. I thought that Cleveland would have swooped him up by now - I'm sure their fans are screaming FAILURE right about now too!

Interesting too that Weddle got a 5 year deal for $40MM, wonder what that'll do for Donte's value? They have comparable numbers over their careers...

I'm just curious, I don't think the Bills should try and resign him, unless it's a really friendly number.

The Bills have decent talent at safety either with or without Whitner. George Wilson is better in pass coverage than Whitner, and we also have Scott, Byrd, and that rookie we took in the fourth round. (Can't remember his name.) If Whitner was a member of the Rams or Bucs or some other random team, and if he'd just become a free agent, I don't think there would be much conversation about the Bills signing him. Why spend a ton of money at SS in order to get a partial upgrade (in run support) and a partial downgrade (in pass coverage), when that money could just as easily be used on a full upgrade at some other position instead?

Edited by Edwards' Arm

We aren't resigning Lil Donte for anywhere near the money he thinks he shoould get. Good god we made the mistake of drafting him where we did and then paying him the going rate. We know he isn't worth anywhere near that kind of coin. that doesn't mean he is a bad player (he is) or that he will sign for a million dollars (he wont) So I believe his option is going to play in Saskatchewan.

As much as twitner annoys me, I wouldn't mind signing him just for the suicide watch on these boards.

He'll get the money he's looking for elsewhere..don't kid yourself. He's gonna get paid.

I don't know. Weren't the rumors that we were at 4.5 and he wanted over 6+?

I think he wants Poz money.

I'm not sure if he will get that.

I don't understand what the decision would be Indy or Cleveland. Hmm let me take 0.002 secs to decide that one.

I think he might be finding out that he is more of a 5 year 5 mil kinda of guy.

Edited by Why So Serious?

So far, so good:

Tyler Thigpen is a huge upgrade over friggin' Brohm. :thumbsup:

Didn't break the bank for friggin' Pos. :thumbsup:

Re-signed Florence. :thumbsup:

Now if Lil Donte will hurry up & sign with another team, I will be very pleased. :beer:

and get Clabo and Zach Miller :beer: just picture a big porter house from E.B. Greens instead of beer. ( there should be an emoticon customizer now that would be sweet.)

I don't know. Weren't the rumors that we were at 4.5 and he wanted over 6+?

I think he wants Poz money.

I'm not sure if he will get that.

I don't understand what the decision would be Indy or Cleveland. Hmm let me take 0.002 secs to decide that one.

I think he might be finding out that he is more of a 5 year 5 mil kinda of guy.

He is that type of player, but he's going to overpaid