Buddy Nix on WGR550 this morning....

Never heard a more counterproductive interview...

When asked about Poz: It wasn't the money.

When asked about perception about Buffalo: Ignored the question about others, laughed, said he wouldn't consider that personally.

When asked about adding through FA: He feels people internally can step up to replace Poz.

I actually stopped listening cause the guy just sounded like he didn't care, and while I wouldn't expect him to go into his "plans" going forward...The interview itself was kind of infuriating.

It's on Wgr550.com if you wanna listen.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When asked about perception about Buffalo: Ignored the question about others, laughed, said he wouldn't consider that personally.

When asked about adding through FA: He feels people internally can step up to replace Poz.

I actually stopped listening cause the guy just sounded like he didn't care, and while I wouldn't expect him to go into his "plans" going forward...The interview itself was kind of infuriating.

Thanks for the recap. I highlighted the part that grinds my gears. I don't know how Buddy really expects to fall into **** and come out smelling like a rose on this. He's not gonna sign any big names or fill positions of need. Good job getting Pigpen and all but seriously? I'm pulling for LeviF91 to make the team. Might as well have open tryouts like the Eagles did back in the day.

Poz was a solid lunch pail type player but he was nothing special AT ALL. That being said he was one of our better LBs. I think Nix's opinion is consistent with that statement. No big loss. I'm sure we have plenty of guys on the roster that tackle down field, don't have sideline to sideline speed and can't cover a TE to save their life. Not trying to be a jerk about Poz but we can replace him or do better for less than $7million a year.

I've said it before many times...

NOTHING will change until Wilson, Overdorf & Littman are no longer associated with the Bills. There is no commitment to winning when looking at the front office, the coaching staff or the players.

I think we'll be fine as long as Poz isn't replaced by someone with a high motor.... And also, players that bring their lunch pail to work with them have never really panned out for us. Wasn't Tim Anderson the last lunch pail carrier for us?

Thanks for the recap. I highlighted the part that grinds my gears. I don't know how Buddy really expects to fall into **** and come out smelling like a rose on this. He's not gonna sign any big names or fill positions of need. Good job getting Pigpen and all but seriously? I'm pulling for LeviF91 to make the team. Might as well have open tryouts like the Eagles did back in the day.

Yeah, but apparently he settled for Thigpen. Lombardi is reporting that the Bills were heavy after Tavaris Jackson, lost out, as always, and Thigpen was plan B. I like Thigpen, only because he was good with Gailey.,

I don't, however, like the fact that our GM is already 0-2.

Yeah, but apparently he settled for Thigpen. Lombardi is reporting that the Bills were heavy after Tavaris Jackson, lost out, as always, and Thigpen was plan B. I like Thigpen, only because he was good with Gailey.,

The team and the GM should have pretty close to matching records.

I'm missing something here, I just don't understand how we are going to get to the cap floor without spending money, are we going to just overpay a bunch of 2nd tier guys? How do we spend the 32M that we are supposedly under the salary floor? Did anyone ask Buddy that question? Not happy with Poz leaving, but understandable that the 3-4 vs 4-3 was a deciding factor, but get some talent that is available on the market.

I've said it before many times...

NOTHING will change until Wilson, Overdorf & Littman are no longer associated with the Bills. There is no commitment to winning when looking at the front office, the coaching staff or the players.

This.

Nix will make a little better assessments on talent, but his hands are still tied by an owner unwilling to apply a crow bar to his wallet. I will never get the Kelsay signing. That's the only time Ralph has spent money lately and for what? Nothing has changed at OBD, and we will be relegated to hoping for 8-8 at best.

Nix seems obsessed with telling people that he thinks the Bills' no-name players are a lot better than the media/fans think. But they keep losing games and looking bad doing it. Buddy, maybe it's you. Maybe your evaluations are trending a little on the high side. Think about it.

Regarding Wilson/Overdorf/Littman, I'm very curious to see 1.) How the Bills get to the salary floor, and 2.) How close to the floor they wind up.

I'm one of the people on this board who likes Poz and really hoped we re-signed him. But at $7 mil/year? For a good-but-not-great ILB? No way. Roster money is limited and you have to reserve money like that for impact players. I was really upset when I read the headline that we lost Poz. I was far less upset when I learned his new contract. Poz apparently wants to play in a full-time 4-3. God bless him.

Nix doesn't care? C'mon. You know that just isn't true.

And of course Nix said we have players who can step up. What's he supposed to say? That our ILBs are all weak little sucker-sucking girls? Google "Pygmalion Effect" and read up on it. People tend to perform as they are expected to perform. People perform best when their leaders believe in them. Nix would be an idiot to say he doesn't have confidence in our LB Corps - even if he doesn't.

Guest three3

you forgot the botched lynch trade. and the failure to obtain a franchise quarterback

Edited by three3

I don't know how Buddy really expects to fall into **** and come out smelling like a rose on this. He's not gonna sign any big names or fill positions of need.

it's not like he had a choice. he's was hired to be a yes-man and he's going to deliver. just like darcy under golisano.

we're going to find out if he was the personnel genius some here seem to think he is, but in the meantime, he's done what was expected of hom by ralph and the beancounters.

what really cracks me up about the whole situation is that some folks seem surprised.

The most important thing for Nix is simply that he make it work as reflected in W/L.

That being said, the GM needs to manage and sell the product and Nix shows little sign of being able to do this well.

My sense is that when leading a group, that the group performs like the leadership acts. Nixes laissez faire attitude does not do a good job of showing that the owner and front office are committed to doing everything which can be done to make this team a winner.

Yes talk is cheap and it does not compare to actual Ws, but in the absence of any record over the past decade of getting Ws, talking is all we got. Nix needs to demonstrate a ferocious commitment to winning. A continuation of the Ralph/Littman game is quite disappointing to this fan.

Good business perhaps but definitely lousy sportsmanship. This is the tone the owner has set and is the reason that though I am grateful the team is here, Mr. Ralph is simply a lousy owner for us.

...or read a more useless thread.

The day Buddy says something interesting to a media outlet will be the first--and people better get used to that reality. This guy is the anti-Donahoe, which is a good thing, not a bad...

I am going to reserve judgment until the roster is actually set. What do you want him to say on the radio this morning? Did you want him to say "our roster sucks we need to add linebackers." Then another team knows what the Bills are targeting and we are out of luck. Or God for bid we don't sign anyone after he makes that statement and he has to talk to some of the guys we have and say " I have a ton of faith in you, blah blah blah."

IMO Buddy Nix said what he publicly should have this morning. You should always talk up the guys you have. You should never show your hand as to what your plan is.

As for Poz, no loss for me. He did a good job racking up tackles but he really had a big issue with pass coverage. Doesn't hurt my feelings that he's no longer with us. I personally don't think it makes us that much worse.

I'm missing something here, I just don't understand how we are going to get to the cap floor without spending money, are we going to just overpay a bunch of 2nd tier guys? How do we spend the 32M that we are supposedly under the salary floor? Did anyone ask Buddy that question? Not happy with Poz leaving, but understandable that the 3-4 vs 4-3 was a deciding factor, but get some talent that is available on the market.

The floor doesn't have to be reached until the end of the season. I think they are going to keep/resign players during the season who will fill the bill. Can't say I am happy about it though. If they can't retain Flo, this board is going to explode (and they won't sell many seasons tickets with out a big TO type signing).

The floor doesn't have to be reached until the end of the season. I think they are going to keep/resign players during the season who will fill the bill. Can't say I am happy about it though. If they can't retain Flo, this board is going to explode (and they won't sell many seasons tickets with out a big TO type signing).

You bring up a good point and one i hadnt really considered in a while. This roster isnt going to win more games than last year as is. Poz was a decent starter but I think its a bit of a stretch to think a rookie is going to outplay him this year. We also dont have replacements for Whitner and Flo. The Oline is not better.

Say what you will about the progression of players but other teams in the Division and conference were better and have gotten better. The Bills have not and their players development isnt going to overcome the lack of talent.

The Bills might be better, but it wont translate into 4 more wins to bring them up to .500