There can only be one plan: Andrew Luck

This is a complete overreaction and I never would root for the Bills to lose a single game, but would this be a bad thing? Luck alone would completely change this franchise. All this talk about FAcy and drafting are just band aids. If you don't have a stud QB, you're dead. So while we have drafted poor and lose some good players, Losman, Edwards, RJ, Bledsoe (to a smaller extent) are the real reasons for suckiness.

A stud QB changes all this. Barkley and Jones from OU are big time prospects as well. Hope is a draft pick away.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only to explain the moves or lack of from this 4-12 franchise is that we are positioning ourselves for Andrew Luck. No other explanation makes sense.

Can we stop this **** already! we aren't but one day into this and you are already clamoring for next years draft. There is plenty of time to sign guys plus we need to see if our own guys can play. If you are referring to Poz he's no great loss so relax already. Finally we haven't been bad enough to get the first overall pick since 85 so you better get a different draft strategy. :doh::wacko:

Can we stop this **** already! we aren't but one day into this and you are already clamoring for next years draft. There is plenty of time to sign guys plus we need to see if our own guys can play. If you are referring to Poz he's no great loss so relax already. Finally we haven't been bad enough to get the first overall pick since 85 so you better get a different draft strategy. :doh::wacko:

That 1st overall pick back in '85 turned into Bruce Smith. How much have the Bills achieved since Bruce hung up his cleats?

Maybe it's the Bills, and not the OP, that need to modify their draft strategy. It's not exactly as though the last 15 years have been a resounding success.

That 1st overall pick back in '85 turned into Bruce Smith. How much have the Bills achieved since Bruce hung up his cleats?

Maybe it's the Bills, and not the OP, that need to modify their draft strategy. It's not exactly as though the last 15 years have been a resounding success.

Of course I would want luck but the point is we wont be getting him because we wont get the worst record and we need to be rooting for this season, not eternally yearning for the next year.

Poz left for a 4-3, not for lack of cash on the table. And I would like it if nobody talks about Andrew Luck for a little while please. I don't think he is going to fall to the #32 pick, but we can keep our hopes up.

I liked Poz like I liked London Fletcher, two good guys who give it their all at ILB, and for a variety of reasons never seemed to make a big play or change a game despite being good players. He wasn't a great fit for the 3-4 and is replaceable in that role.

Anybody who is going to take the under on a 4-12 repeat should stay away from Vegas.

A lot remains to be seen, but this team has all objective signs pointing to improvement: another year in new defensive scheme that was a big adjustment, no QB controversy, a solidifying young line, not a lot of downside of their career players, a rookie stud in the middle, and a team that finished 4-4 after adjusting to new schemes and a new QB.

Not sure its overreaction. We've gotten worse today. When the 4th worst team gets even worse, its not a good start. Obviously the season doesn't start today, but there's been enough rumblings that we're not interested in going out and getting new impact players that anybody should be troubled by losing those players we've targeted to keep.

And what's the fun of being cool and level-headed through another 4-12 campaign?

You're right... With Poz gone, who do we have left that can cover a TE or a RB in the flat? oh thats right. Every tight end that he covered smoked him not to mention the multiple times he's been dragged by RBs 4-5 yards down field. I like Poz, he's a golid #2 ILB. But he is not a game changer. For 6mil/year or whatever he gets, keep drafting players for a 3-4. Any of the cut ILBs from SD will be sufficient for a year or two until Sheppard, Batten, etc develop.

We didn't get worse, we're still unable to cover tight ends and running backs. From what I gather, we are in the same position as when we started.

We lose Poz, I really don't see this as a loss. The Jags wanted him, and probably over paid him. I think Poz was probably one of the reasons the defense has sucked. During his time here we have placed 24th last year, 19th in 2009, 14th in 2008, and 31st in the year he was drafted. He is basically the equivalent to the Quarterback of the the defense, so shouldn't he take the blame for the poor performance? Second I haven't seen any real plays from him that make him a star. He's average, and there are plenty of Linebackers out there that can step in and replace him. We won't see a difference, and honestly it would be hard to see one. What will we drop to 24th to 32nd, I doubt it, and if anything Marcell Dareus will make all the rest of the Linebacking Corps. better.

The only to explain the moves or lack of from this 4-12 franchise is that we are positioning ourselves for Andrew Luck. No other explanation makes sense.

It looks that way. Save yourself some money no Direct tv this year lol

I don't think the Bills want to intentionally be the worst team in the NFL but they've got a great shot at it for the 2012 season. Let's face it. The Bills arent't making the playoffs. I will gladly suffer thru another losing season to be in the position to draft Luck who at this point may be the best option to turn this pathetic franchise around.

:w00t:

:wallbash:

Remember when we needed Leinart? Joey Harrington?

Both of these clowns are available. Luck looks like he'll be a player but so did these two. No team ever deliberately tanks a season, ever. Your kidding yourself if you think thats the plan.

I'm actually insulted you would react to that like this. Watch this video of Poz against the BENGALS last season and tell me if hes worth 7 mil a year

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRP-1ijvmyQ

I see one impact play, otherwise he is just getting pushed around

Not sure its overreaction. We've gotten worse today. When the 4th worst team gets even worse, its not a good start. Obviously the season doesn't start today, but there's been enough rumblings that we're not interested in going out and getting new impact players that anybody should be troubled by losing those players we've targeted to keep.

And what's the fun of being cool and level-headed through another 4-12 campaign?

I agree. Two Bills Drive has gotten worse today.

Edited by RealityCheck

I'm far from panic mode, although I would have preferred if we retained Poz. I'll be concerned if we don't sign someone decent to replace him. Even if Sheppard pans out, you need two starters at that position, and we currently have zero.

I'm also a little concerned that all we hear from Nix is that the strategy is to build through the draft, eschew high-priced free agents and the trade market, and spend nearly all of our free agent money on re-signing our own players. But then step 1 is to immediately lose our best LB, who was identified pretty strongly by Nix as someone we wanted back. If step 2 is to lose Florence, I'd have to seriously question the strategy.

Think of it as money freed up to re-sign Donte TWhitner.

Or don't. :devil:

Please don't scare me Sir, it's still too early in the morning... ;)

To the OP's comments I have to admit, after hearing Nix this AM my 1st thought was they want Luck...BAD!!!... B-)

Lol... I wanted to keep Poz, but if ANY of you think he's worth $7 Mil a year you're CrAZy!!!

Agreed...I wanted Poz back as well...But that Contract is WAY too much...Too many years and too much cash...B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS