There can only be one plan: Andrew Luck

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, becuase they chose to not pay Poz 7 million a year to be an average 3-4 ILB means the Bills are tanking it an going for Luck...

Well he was probably our second best player on a defense that went 4-12. But you make one good point they always chose not to re-sign players that are successful. Build through the draft my -ss. The few time they are successful with a pick they let them walk away.

Nope. No panic or overreaction at TBD.

PTR

Not sure its overreaction. We've gotten worse today. When the 4th worst team gets even worse, its not a good start. Obviously the season doesn't start today, but there's been enough rumblings that we're not interested in going out and getting new impact players that anybody should be troubled by losing those players we've targeted to keep.

And what's the fun of being cool and level-headed through another 4-12 campaign?

Not sure that 4-12 is going to be good/bad enough to earn us the first pick. The Skins seem well on their way to an abysmal season and if the Cardinals don't improve their QB situation I don't see them winning much more than a game or two.

Not sure its overreaction. We've gotten worse today. When the 4th worst team gets even worse, its not a good start. Obviously the season doesn't start today, but there's been enough rumblings that we're not interested in going out and getting new impact players that anybody should be troubled by losing those players we've targeted to keep.

And what's the fun of being cool and level-headed through another 4-12 campaign?

Yes it's an overreaction. Open a dictionary and this would be the example given of overreaction. We lost one player and we are in full panic mode. A player, by the way, no one felt was worth signing at $6M let alone $7M. Oh, did I mention it's day one of free agency?

PTR

The only to explain the moves or lack of from this 4-12 franchise is that we are positioning ourselves for Andrew Luck. No other explanation makes sense.

Where are all of the great players that the Bills have missed out on so far??? Last time I checked, no one can even sign until Friday evening. Jesus H, get a grip!

What team's moves in 2011 would you approve of? Details please.

I know I'm not the OP, but deliberately avoiding stopgaps and bandaids in an effort to get Andrew Luck would be a move of which I'd approve. A franchise QB like Luck would help the team immensely, for many years to come.

Right now, the Bills should be trying to add core players--guys who will be key contributors for many years to come. They shouldn't be adding stopgaps--guys who will only give a few years before retiring. Stopgap players would do nothing to fix the team's lack of talent over the long term, while presumably costing the team draft position.

For the Bills to be a top-10 team, they need their most recent draft to have been a very good one, and they need to have a great draft in 2012, starting with a franchise QB in round 1. If both those things happen, then in 2013 you might start to see the Bills become a serious threat, as the rookies added in 2011 and 2012 have time to mature.

The only to explain the moves or lack of from this 4-12 franchise is that we are positioning ourselves for Andrew Luck. No other explanation makes sense.

It's too bad that I reached my quota of "negative" votes for the day.

It is interesting to see Doug Free, Cowboys starting LT - I believe the best LT in FA this year, just get a contract, at just about the highest paying time in NFL, worth 8 million a year for 4 years, with 17 million guaranteed. What did we pay Kelsay?... I believe 4 year, 24 million dollars? Wow. Could be going to a RT, or TE and ILB... but we're giving it to Kelsay.

Losing Poz sucks, but I have a good feeling about this squad (if O-line/TE is addressed). There's something to be said for a bunch of guys who never got respect, playing as a tight knit team with an us against the world attitude. I wouldn't be shocked to see another 4-12 season, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see these guys shock the world either. Never underestimate the value of team chemistry. And anyone who'd dip to play in Jax (unless the money was significantly better, which it may not have been) probably isn't good for that chemistry in the first place.

However, if an explanation making sense is your criterion, then since matching the offer the free market has bestowed upon Poz makes little sense for the Bills as well.

It is true that Pos was the best LB we had last year, but this mostly speaks to how lackluster our LBs were. There us talent not that much worse than Pos like Siler who likely can be had for much less of a cap hit.

I know this is sad but I think it is true.