Florence re-ups with Bills, 3 years 15M reported

Good. He's a good player and losing him would be a concern. Now if they can just get Burnett and a RT, I'll be very happy.

and a TE!

Big money but there is no doubt he was our top CB last year. Solid re-signing for sure.

Fantastic re-signing. We have money to burn, he's a great CB. In fact, I'd rather have seen him locked up for 5 mill/yr for 5 years. But good signing regardless.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maiorana is bitching that they vastly overpaid, but I think it's a perfectly reasonable deal. At 3 years, even better.

Yeah Maiorana off. In case people haven't noticed CBs get Paid in todays NFL. $5M a season is relatively cheap and I think about appropriate for Florence. $4.9M would make me feel better but he said he would coach in the UFL if there was a lockout so I'll throw in 100K a year if he coaches up Aaron Williams.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Nix still sucks though, right? :unsure:

Absolutely. Nix overpaid. Flo can't be any good because the Jets passed on him. :devil:

Maiorana is bitching that they vastly overpaid, but I think it's a perfectly reasonable deal. At 3 years, even better.

But Poz would have been a bargain at $7M. Gotcha. <_<

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Maiorana is bitching that they vastly overpaid

Don't know who he even is, but he must still be living in the 80s if he thinks $15M is overpaying. Wow. I was expecting a 5yr deal in the $26-$28M range tbh.

Impossible to keep everyone happy. No matter what someone will complain.

Watch the film, Florence was their best corner last year, worth the $$ -- especially 3 years -- adding Williams (maybe at strong safety ?) gives Bills a very good secondary -- Bills will play a lot of nickel and need depth

Don't know who he even is, but he must still be living in the 80s if he thinks $15M is overpaying. Wow. I was expecting a 5yr deal in the $26-$28M range tbh.

Covers the Bills for the Rochester D&C.

What does he think about 7mil a year for Poz then? Christ, Florence is making less than Chris freakin' Kelsay.

That 7 mil a year for Poz is definitely too much money. Glad we didn't go there.

Watch the film, Florence was their best corner last year, worth the $$ -- especially 3 years -- adding Williams (maybe at strong safety ?) gives Bills a very good secondary -- Bills will play a lot of nickel and need depth

Williams is not playing S they've said it a million times he will play CB.

I agree. This is a very important signing.

CB Drayton Florence to the Bills -- 3 years for $15 million. - Adam Schefter

Very nice. Also, keeps McLuvin on the bench a bit more.

Edited by SoCal-Surf

Williams is not playing S they've said it a million times he will play CB.

They said they will try him at CB a million times.

He projects to an NFL Safety better so don't be surprised if you see him play both positions in pre-season.

If he works hard and can perform at CB its a win. If he ends up at Safety its still not so bad.