Poz signs with Jax, 6 years $7.5M/year reported

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Omg does anybody know football around here?

They signed poz to replace him!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a couple years at 5th in league in tackle for the raiders...has one season in jacksonville on a bad defense and he's a bad player? oh and he's never missed a game...thats what i like

Some of the ignorance here is appalling. This is a huge blow for our already horrific defense. Poz was just starting to come into his own as a linebacker. That is about par for the course for the Bills. Keep him until he is on the verge of his prime and then refuse to pay. If a guy who has missed 6 games over the last 3 seasons is injury prone than that is 75% of the NFL. He got hurt early in his career, and all of a sudden he is injury prone? Give me a break. This is a huge loss, and one of the most embarrassing LB corps in the NFL just got worse.

+10

a couple years at 5th in league in tackle for the raiders...has one season in jacksonville on a bad defense and he's a bad player? oh and he's never missed a game...thats what i like

Wow but when poz makes all those tackles (in 14 games)

We boo him? Im going to hit my heavy bag the rest of the night

Can there be a stipulation that you need to know something about football before you can post???

Luckily for you, no. You haven't shown anyone you know a thing about football. A poster provided you with a couple of facts about Morrison and you announce you're going to hit something.

You're just a crybaby fanboy who likes to defend their favorite players to the death, and proven incapable of any objectivity.

Then you read reports like this on Morrison:

LB Kirk Morrison – He is an example of why tackle totals are one of the worst stats to follow. He has averaged 100 tackles a year for six years. But he’s completely average.

We are letting our best ILB go on a team that has little at the spot.

Poz is overrated by some of you guys. I've heard "Let's see how he does with a better D-line". That's bull! He's not an impact player. He doesn't make the players around him better. He's usually blocked by one guy. He gets off the block 10 yds down the field to make tackles. He's not that big of a hitter. He just wraps guys up. The Bills could use one ILB that's a big hitter who stops guys in his tracks and can knock the ball loose a few times.

Now, with Poz gone, let's see who they replace him with.

How much does this drive up the price for remaining FA ILBs?

Hmmm… six years and $42 million ($7 million average/year).

Leading up to free agency, there was a strong consensus in the media that Poz was at worst, the 2nd best FA ILB of this class.

So he happened to hit free agency at a good time and it probably inflated his value a bit. He'll probably end up with the biggest contract of this FA ILB class and his contract will probably set the bar for other contracts that happen this week (including the one the Bills sign his replacement to).

Just for the sake of some information, the ELITE ILBs make considerably more money than Poz got.

Bart Scott jumped from the Ravens to the Jets in 2009, signing a six-year, $48 million ($8 million average/year) contract. I imagine that when Jerrod Mayo's contract is up, he'll get even more than Scott.

And from Wiki:

"On March 5, 2010, Dansby signed with the Miami Dolphins to a five-year, $43 million contract ($8.6 million average/year) with $22 million guaranteed, which made it the richest contract for an inside linebacker in NFL history until Patrick Willis signed a five-year, $50 million contract ($10 million average/year)."

!@#$ Poz. I hoped he'd resign but if he wants to walk away from his team, who were reportedly willing to pony up, then !@#$ him. Jacksonville's likely to suck anyway and I doubt he does much to change that. This will be another case of a move that hurts one team without significantly helping the other. At least we now have more cash to spend in a very deep free agency pool.

Hmmm… six years and $42 million ($7 million average/year).

Leading up to free agency, there was a strong consensus in the media that Poz was at worst, the 2nd best FA ILB of this class.

So he happened to hit free agency at a good time and it probably inflated his value a bit. He'll probably end up with the biggest contract of this FA ILB class and his contract will probably set the bar for other contracts that happen this week (including the one the Bills sign his replacement to).

Just for the sake of some information, the ELITE ILBs make considerably more money than Poz got.

Bart Scott jumped from the Ravens to the Jets in 2009, signing a six-year, $48 million ($8 million average/year) contract. I imagine that when Jerrod Mayo's contract is up, he'll get even more than Scott.

And from Wiki:

"On March 5, 2010, Dansby signed with the Miami Dolphins to a five-year, $43 million contract ($8.6 million average/year) with $22 million guaranteed, which made it the richest contract for an inside linebacker in NFL history until Patrick Willis signed a five-year, $50 million contract ($10 million average/year)."

I am a big Poz fan and wanted him back, but I definitely won't put him in any of those players' class (though Bart Scott is very overrated). However, I really wanted to see what Poz could do behind an improved d line. I also got sick of seeing all of our draft picks leave.

That said, there seems to be a big divide on Poz as Bills fans. My hopeful thought is that our d-line becomes a dominant unit and makes the LBs behind them almost irrevelant. And I will never fault a player for taking the most money. But I really don't respect a player going to the Jags and their terrible fanbase.

Good luck, Poz. You were a class guy who never really got to your potential here. Enjoy playing for a team no one cares about, not even their own fans.

151 tackles by Poz was third in the league. However that stat can be misleading... our defense was on the field for the 4th most total plays, so he and Donte had a lot more opportunities than others on better defenses... 2 sacks, no interceptions, no forced fumbles, no passes defended... and, stats aside, my own eyes tell me Poz is brutal in pass coverage...

I've always though Poz was a solid pro but nothing special. I just don't think Poz is anywhere close to irreplaceable.

Edited by October 1918