Poz signs with Jax, 6 years $7.5M/year reported

If poz is to test the market like the article suggust, is it possible under the new CBA the bills franchise this guy? I'm not saying they should or they shouldn't. I think it the right thing to do to protect their interest. I'm not a big Poz fan, but if he is such a priority for this team why give him the chance to walk. I can just image the bills making this guy a fair/ good offer, him testing the market and the signing else where 3 days later, and us losing out on another linebacker waiting for poz. I would imagine a franchise tender for a middle line backer must be around 5-7 mil a year, I'm thinking thats about what it going to take to sign anyway.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you? He's nowhere near a franchise-caliber player.

True, but who is?

Although they would have to pay him top 5 avg money and he would be back in the market next year. Make him a decent offer. What's the market for undersized (for the 3-4, by his own admission) ILB?

True, but who is?

Although they would have to pay him top 5 avg money and he would be back in the market next year. Make him a decent offer. What's the market for undersized (for the 3-4, by his own admission) ILB?

Exactly. You don't pay him top-5 money only to see him walk next year, or give him a contract averaging that amount. Better to go after Chargers' ILB Stephen Cooper.

I know he's Polish and has pretty long hair, but why on Earth do so many people on this board seem to have a man crush on the guy? He's never healthy and when he's on the field he isn't that good. He's another Levy / Jauron / Modrak draft bust. The sooner they get rid of the stench of that era the better.

I know he's Polish and has pretty long hair, but why on Earth do so many people on this board seem to have a man crush on the guy? He's never healthy and when he's on the field he isn't that good. He's another Levy / Jauron / Modrak draft bust. The sooner they get rid of the stench of that era the better.

Amen Brother.

:worthy:

Agreed to a point...he's a decent filler who might be good if surrounded with the right teammates.

He's the Jochen Hecht of football.

Why would you? He's nowhere near a franchise-caliber player.

They must think he's worth something, and there going to have to spend to the salary floor anyway. This is not about what he worth, this is about having another hole to fill. Say you make him an offer and while your waiting he signs else where, then what? While the Bills were waiting we could could miss out on someone else. I think these free agent are gonna go fast. Why chance it if you don't have to. So it cost you 8 mil instead of 6 mil.

They must think he's worth something, and there going to have to spend to the salary floor anyway. This is not about what he worth, this is about having another hole to fill. Say you make him an offer and while your waiting he signs else where, then what? While the Bills were waiting we could could miss out on someone else. I think these free agent are gonna go fast. Why chance it if you don't have to. So it cost you 8 mil instead of 6 mil.

I think the Bills know what he's asking for. And Merriman's been talking to his Charger buddy's, trying to recruit them. Again I'd target Stephen Cooper Kevin Burnett.

Edited by Doc

With Poz saying that it would be irresponsible to not test free agency, I say that he is as good as gone.

Too bad, because it will leave yet another gaping hole in an already putrid defense. Their LBs are the worst group

in the NFL, UFL and possibly even the Arena League. Losing their only NFL-calibre LB would be a huge blow and

there are no viable replacements available (that I see) in FA.

The Bills really need to make a BIG push to re-sign Poz before the FA period hits.

Just my $.02 worth...

Did you mean like this week? The way the rules were written last year, the Bill's couldn't have extended Poz as with the uncapped year there was some rule which limited the increase a player could be given. Since he wasn't a 1st rounder, the increase was very small, too small for him to ever agree to. So the Bill's were forced (as I'm sure many other teams were) to wait with attempting to sign him until a new CBA was in place.

The Bills really need to make a BIG push to re-sign Poz before the FA period hits.

Just my $.02 worth...

How does that mean he won't resign? Just because he wants to make sure there are no better offers out there doesn't mean he will take one. He's now entering his prime, possibly even the team he ends his career with. Why shouldn't he evaluate his options instead of jumping the gun? I don't blame him whatsoever.

I dunno. I think he's one of our own that we keep.

1. WannStache gets a chance to work his magic.

2. He'll have better DT's in front of him eating up linemen.

3. He'll have Kelvin Sheppard/Andra Davis next to him this season (IMHO)

4. Poz wants to come back:

"I've said all along that I would like to be back with them. So that's a top priority," Posluszny told The Associated Press by phone Monday, shortly after NFL players voted to OK a deal to end the lockout. "I'm definitely going to have to be responsible and hear what other teams have to say and go that route."
Edited by Astrobot