Ravens cut Todd Heap, Kelly Gregg, Derrick Mason, and McGahee

Fingon

I agree he would be a great pick-up, and perhaps the kind of player that Nix would go after. He would replace David Martin and likely wouldn't cost a ton. Chandler can block and we can still develop Shawn Nelson, whom Heap could help. He's a hard worker and the kind of player the coaches like.

Joe Flacco's gonna be in trouble this year. Mason and Heap represent 2 of his top-3 receiving yard threats and along with McGahee accounted for 18 TD's.

Heap is old, be careful what you wish for. He is past his prime. It would be very easy to overpay for him...

Flaccos gonna be just fine

Depends on what moves they make.

Heap is old, be careful what you wish for. He is past his prime. It would be very easy to overpay for him...

He had 40 receptions for 599 yards and 5 TD's last year. Not too shabby.

Depends on what moves they make.

They drafted Torrey Smith and Tandon Doss (rd 2 and 4). Both have good size, speed and hands. Boldin is a stud and housh or stallworth may still have something left in the tank. Last year they added Dickson and Pitta at TE. While losing heap and mason will hurt, I think they have some pretty good and young replacements. I'm especially high on Smith. He was a 1st rd talent in my book. Wrs generally take a bit to progress, but I don't think losing mason will kill them. Heap is a good player, but often injured. I think the reason these guys are gonna be cut is to make a run at namdi. That would be sick.

Heap would be a great addition...he's still got 2-3 years left in him and would FINALLY give us a weapon over the middle. Would also be a nice leader on the offense.

My first TE target would still be Boss (due to potential and youth) but I certainly would not be upset with Heap as a consolation prize.

Heap would be a great addition...he's still got 2-3 years left in him and would FINALLY give us a weapon over the middle. Would also be a nice leader on the offense.

My first TE target would still be Boss (due to potential and youth) but I certainly would not be upset with Heap as a consolation prize.

Boss would be bomb.

Oh baby. The Big Boss Man would change this offense. Heap would be an upgrade, too. But Boss? HFS!

With all the TE talent out there and this team's inability to draft well or develop complete TEs since Metzelaars, if we don't at least make an overture to any of these guys, I will be seriously pissed.

Boss, Miller, Spaeth, Scaife, Heap....

If it is Heap and his tank is depleted, he could at least produce for a couple of years while Nelson (or someone else) develops and hopefully learns something from an elite TE... similar to how Stevie really seemed to benefit from having T.O. around.

Edited by UConn James

With all the TE talent out there and this team's inability to draft well or develop complete TEs since Metzelaars, if we don't at least make an overture to any of these guys, I will be seriously pissed.

Boss, Miller, Spaeth, Scaife, Heap....

If it is Heap and his tank is depleted, he could at least produce for a couple of years while Nelson (or someone else) develops and hopefully learns something from an elite TE... similar to how Stevie really seemed to benefit from having T.O. around.

The big story here, I think, is that the Ravens have a plan in place. They know which players they don't want and have cut them. What is the Bills plan and why haven't they cut any players? This is the entire off-season in about 24 hours you better believe that the teams with elite front offices are ready and have a strategy. I hope the Bills have developed some kind of plan.

The big story here, I think, is that the Ravens have a plan in place. They know which players they don't want and have cut them. What is the Bills plan and why haven't they cut any players? This is the entire off-season in about 24 hours you better believe that the teams with elite front offices are ready and have a strategy. I hope the Bills have developed some kind of plan.

Dude. Take a chill pill, or two or three.

No team can even cut anyone yet, the first cut date IIRC is Friday. All the Raven's have done is ANNOUNCE some players that they're going to cut. Whoop-de-<dmn>-doo. If we're going to cut someone we'll cut them. But since we're WAY under the cap, we don't need to until they earn it.

Edited by Mark Long Beach