Ravens cut Todd Heap, Kelly Gregg, Derrick Mason, and McGahee

Fingon

Kelly Greg is a beast and has been manning the nose in Baltimore for years, he is getting old but would still make a great addition to our team.

Oh baby. The Big Boss Man would change this offense. Heap would be an upgrade, too. But Boss? HFS!

He's a solid TE - he just didn't put up the numbers I expected him to after Shockey left. He's probably the biggest free agent at the TE position. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

The big story here, I think, is that the Ravens have a plan in place. They know which players they don't want and have cut them. What is the Bills plan and why haven't they cut any players? This is the entire off-season in about 24 hours you better believe that the teams with elite front offices are ready and have a strategy. I hope the Bills have developed some kind of plan.

Ravens are over the cap so they're announcing their cuts early. The Bills have like 34 million left, to be honest, they don't have to cut anyone.

With all the TE talent out there and this team's inability to draft well or develop complete TEs since Metzelaars, if we don't at least make an overture to any of these guys, I will be seriously pissed.

Boss, Miller, Spaeth, Scaife, Heap....

If it is Heap and his tank is depleted, he could at least produce for a couple of years while Nelson (or someone else) develops and hopefully learns something from an elite TE... similar to how Stevie really seemed to benefit from having T.O. around.

Unfortunately, the games he was able to play Heap was held together with duct tape and anesthetic. I doubt he has more than a year left, and doubt he'll play more than half the games this year. Still, if the Bills think he's a fit, and he can help any of the other TEs develop, I could live with signing him to a one year deal, though I'd much rather sign someone younger.

With all the TE talent out there and this team's inability to draft well or develop complete TEs since Metzelaars, if we don't at least make an overture to any of these guys, I will be seriously pissed.

Boss, Miller, Spaeth, Scaife, Heap....

If it is Heap and his tank is depleted, he could at least produce for a couple of years while Nelson (or someone else) develops and hopefully learns something from an elite TE... similar to how Stevie really seemed to benefit from having T.O. around.

IMO, Spaeth is the type of guy that we go after. Showed potential, not a big name & not a big price tag. An under the radar guy that this franchise is known to grab....accept this time, i think it works out for the best cuz I see this Kid as becomming a very, very good TE. Aside from Boss, Miller, Scaife & Heap would be stop gap guys and we know how this particular regime feels about those type of players. Don't get me wrong, I would be happy with any of them, but Spaeth is my front runner (and most realistic).

IMO, Spaeth is the type of guy that we go after. Showed potential, not a big name & not a big price tag. An under the radar guy that this franchise is known to grab....except this time, i think it works out for the best cuz I see this Kid as becomming a very, very good TE. Aside from Boss, Miller, Scaife & Heap would be stop gap guys and we know how this particular regime feels about those type of players. Don't get me wrong, I would be happy with any of them, but Spaeth is my front runner (and most realistic).

I agree, I don't think Gailey's offense features a pass catching TE, and that Spaeth is exactly the type of guy he looks for. Plus there is the Whaley connection to Pittsburgh, and Buffalo would be a nice destination for him to give him the opportunity to start. Something he hasn't had with the Steelers.

Edited by Ghost of Rob Johnson

You guys can have Todd Heap, I’d be all over Kelly Gregg. KW could then play DE 1st and NG 2nd, with a true, down and dirty MAN at the nose. NGs tend to play well into their mid 30s too.

With what, 30 mil until we reach the salary floor, the Bills should be able to drop some coin on some players. Greg or Cullen Jenkins (as was reported), a top TE, RT, and LB please.

You guys can have Todd Heap, I’d be all over Kelly Gregg. KW could then play DE 1st and NG 2nd, with a true, down and dirty MAN at the nose. NGs tend to play well into their mid 30s too.

With what, 30 mil until we reach the salary floor, the Bills should be able to drop some coin on some players. Greg or Cullen Jenkins (as was reported), a top TE, RT, and LB please.

I think you might be happier following the Sabres this year because the Bills will most likely sign Florence, lose Poz and fill in some depth positions.