Robert Kraft…

With his wife dying, Kraft remained instrumental in "krafting" the new CBA between owners and players.

Apparently the big breakthrough on Saturday came when the lawyers left the room. This according to Colts' center and Union Rep Jeff Saturday:

“The big shift came when owners and players began to negotiate by ourselves,” Saturday told NFL Network. “You really began to see men’s personalities and what they believe in. Robert Kraft was instrumental in getting this deal done. … Each and every one of us understood what he was going through.” Kraft was emotional when Saturday embraced him and thanked him publicly earlier Monday. Earlier, he was the one speaker to apologize to NFL fans.“First of all I’d like, on behalf of both sides, to apologize to the fans that for the last five, six months we’ve been talking about the business of football and not what goes on on the field,” Kraft said.

He also singled out Saturday and Dominique Foxworth as providing leadership throughout the process."

The link contains video.

With his wife dying, Kraft remained instrumental in "krafting" the new CBA between owners and players.

Apparently the big breakthrough on Saturday came when the lawyers left the room. This according to Colts' center and Union Rep Jeff Saturday:

“The big shift came when owners and players began to negotiate by ourselves,” Saturday told NFL Network. “You really began to see men’s personalities and what they believe in. Robert Kraft was instrumental in getting this deal done. … Each and every one of us understood what he was going through.” Kraft was emotional when Saturday embraced him and thanked him publicly earlier Monday. Earlier, he was the one speaker to apologize to NFL fans.“First of all I’d like, on behalf of both sides, to apologize to the fans that for the last five, six months we’ve been talking about the business of football and not what goes on on the field,” Kraft said.

He also singled out Saturday and Dominique Foxworth as providing leadership throughout the process."

The link contains video.

I think this says it all.

ITA. For all we know Mrs. Kraft told him to go take care of business. None of us know what really went on.

According to Dan Patrick, she told him to go. She loved football as much as he did and she felt that Kraft was the only one who could get both sides to work it out.

I wish he was our owner...

I don't like the Patriots at all but he is the best owner in football, hands down. Unlike Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder, he realizes that it isn't all about him.

Edited by ACor58