Sunday NFL Ticket

Just called tonight. Told them the truth: just had a baby, have both Comcast and DirecTV. Had to cancel either the DirecTV or Comcast cable. Talked to one guy got an offer, then said "Ok. let me talk it over with my wife and call back."

Offer:

Free HD for 24 Months - Saves $10/Month

Autopay discount for 24 Months - Saves $10/Month

Free HD DVR Receiver - Saves $199 Total

One month free Sunday Ticket - Saves $53.99 Total

Total Savings over 6 months - $372.99

Had a smoke, called back, looking for one more month off Sunday Ticket, new girl says "I can do even better."

Second offer:

Free HD for 24 Months - Saves $10/Month

Autopay discount for 24 Months - Saves $10/Month

Free HD DVR Receiver - Saves $199 Total

Sunday ticket for three payments of $39.99 - Saves $203.97

Total Savings over 6 months - $522.97

Saving over $500 bucks was more than worth the effort. Good luck to everybody else.:beer::beer::beer:

Dumb question, but is there any way to get DTV/Sunday Ticket, then cancel after the season without paying massive charges? In other words...can you get the service without a contract? I'd be willing to pay a decent price, split with my roommate, to get the games in good quality instead of gambling with the 'net every weekend. But I can't justify an entire year (or two) of satellite just for Bills games. Am I out of luck?

When the season is over, you can go to their website and suspend your account for up to six month and incur no charges. You can do this once a year. Since Sunday ticket is a six month subscription, that is basically the same as cancelling, but with no risk of fees or having to create a new account each year.

Also, seems to me they like to give better discounts the longer I've been with them, so not cancelling the account has paid off.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just made my second call.

On the first one a couple weeks ago, Sunday Ticket wasn't in the system yet, but since I've been a loyal customer and have been with them for 11 years now, I got:

Free HD for 24 months ($240.00)

$20.00 off my Choice Extra Package for 6 months ($120.00)

That was OK. I was happy with that, but still wanted Sunday Ticket cheaper.

I called today and got $120.00 off Sunday Ticket and Sunday Ticket to go for free.

Coupla phone calls and saved $480.00. Wish life was always this easy.

She said I'm welcomed to call back before hockey season starts to get a discount on that, too. I'll be penciling that into my calendar.

The hardest bills to swallow are the 4 months where my Sunday Ticket and Center Ice packages overlap each other. Ouch.

Good luck to the rest of you.

I just made my second call.

On the first one a couple weeks ago, Sunday Ticket wasn't in the system yet, but since I've been a loyal customer and have been with them for 11 years now, I got:

Free HD for 24 months ($240.00)

$20.00 off my Choice Extra Package for 6 months ($120.00)

That was OK. I was happy with that, but still wanted Sunday Ticket cheaper.

I called today and got $120.00 off Sunday Ticket and Sunday Ticket to go for free.

Coupla phone calls and saved $480.00. Wish life was always this easy.

She said I'm welcomed to call back before hockey season starts to get a discount on that, too. I'll be penciling that into my calendar.

The hardest bills to swallow are the 4 months where my Sunday Ticket and Center Ice packages overlap each other. Ouch.

Good luck to the rest of you.

While I was going over my bill online to make the above post, I noticed that they gave me Game Lounge for free for 3 months. It's an anniversary gift. Big whoop. I called in and asked if I could have a different anniversary gift. I got ALL PREMIUM CHANNELS for free for 2 months. It automatically cancels, so that makes it easy. Pretty fricken good day if you ask me!

OK, had to make my second call today. I had already received the $150 discount bringing my ST cost down to $174, plus free To Go, $5 off HBO for 6 months, free Starz for 3 months, free HD, etc. Well, that just wasn't good enough :rolleyes: So after reading through some other's experiences, now I'm getting Sunday Ticket for free this year! And will be calling back for Center Ice when it's time. Best discount ever :worthy:

Excellent question SIASL...

Because of an HD DVR receiver we got in Jan 2010 (hell, we're leasing it for crying out loud!), we're still "under contract" through February 2012. Don't think it mattered at all as far as negotiations were concerned. First rep offered the usual $20 off for 6 months. Ha! Wanna try again sister? Next tried to offer consolation prize of NFL To Go. So, let me get this straight...I'm paying for HD DVRs and I've got a couple of nice large flat screen HD TVs, but I'm gonna watch games on my friggin phone? That aint gonna happen. Try again...

Finally got someone who was receptive to some smooth talking and voila! - Free Sunday ticket, plus some HD movie package I'll never watch, and $30 per month off through January, and no additional obligation. Don't care about any movie packages since I've pretty much seen every movie I ever want to watch (I'm finished with "stories"), so I was happy to have $30 off of my $102 bill and free comfort-of-my-own-mancave Buffalo Bills/NFL in high def and surround. Bring on the season!

Thanks for all the info! Only took one call - just hung up with Direct TV. Used the local cable competition internet bundle and wife on my ass about saving $$$ story.... Since I was a loyal customer , Sweet Alice, lowered my bill $30 a month for 1st 12 months, $10 next 12 and gave me the ticket for 4 payments of $39.00. THX DTV. Call you next year!

I called last week & I got it for $150. I was pretty happy with that until I started reading some of the other posts so I decided to call again yesterday. I told him giving the ST for $150 was nice gesture but I know some other people got it for free & I think it is kind of a slap in my face that I did not get it for free. The guy gave me a $30 credit for next 5 months so it would be free. I almost feel like calling him back today & seeing what they could do for the college gameday package but I don't want to push my luck.

Edited by Gordio

Didn't get as good of a deal but still pretty good (dude said that since we were not calling to cancel, certain deals were not available): 6 payments of $53.99 but $10 off each month for next 12 months, plus threw in "To GO" feature for free. Not bad. Thanks for others for posting!

Have any of you ever been compensated for missing a game, portion of a game, or any other programming, due to weather outages?

Due to the crazy weather down here, and the satellite outages that come with it, when I recently moved I chose to go with AT&T Uverse. Uverse sucked due to the distance between my house and the terminal though. That, along with the looming prospect of no SundayTicket/no Bills, led me to sign back up with DTV. I am always pissed when we have weather outages though. In my area, this occurs more often in the spring and fall. I imagine that, in Buffalo, you have a lot of outages during the football season due to snow or heavy cloud cover. Any of you ever experience this? And have you ever been credited for the undelivered service?

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land

Have any of you ever been compensated for missing a game, portion of a game, or any other programming, due to weather outages?

Due to the crazy weather down here, and the satellite outages that come with it, when I recently moved I chose to go with AT&T Uverse. Uverse sucked due to the distance between my house and the terminal though. That, along with the looming prospect of no SundayTicket/no Bills, led me to sign back up with DTV. I am always pissed when we have weather outages though. In my area, this occurs more often in the spring and fall. I imagine that, in Buffalo, you have a lot of outages during the football season due to snow or heavy cloud cover. Any of you ever experience this? And have you ever been credited for the undelivered service?

At least this year with the Sunday Ticket to Go (which it seems like everyone who asks has it thrown in for free) you can watch on your computer in case of bad weather impacting the feed.

At least this year with the Sunday Ticket to Go (which it seems like everyone who asks has it thrown in for free) you can watch on your computer in case of bad weather impacting the feed.

There is always a silver lining...but, I'll still be unhappy if this happens during a game. And ST To Go doesn't help for any other lost programming. Just curious whether or not I should waste my breath calling in if (when) this happens. I can usually count on at least three or four days a month with outages lasting anywhere from five minutes to a couple of hours.

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land

Didn't get as good of a deal but still pretty good (dude said that since we were not calling to cancel, certain deals were not available): 6 payments of $53.99 but $10 off each month for next 12 months, plus threw in "To GO" feature for free. Not bad. Thanks for others for posting!

I got that same offer too a few weeks ago and I thought it was ok, but the the rep made the mistake of telling me I was due that discount anyway even if I canceled Sunday Ticket. I didn't bite and told him that I'll call back later. Now it looks like the better deals are out so maybe I'll give them a ring tonight.

There is always a silver lining...but, I'll still be unhappy if this happens during a game. And ST To Go doesn't help for any other lost programming. Just curious whether or not I should waste my breath calling in if (when) this happens. I can usually count on at least three or four days a month with outages lasting anywhere from five minutes to a couple of hours.

The last time I had the ticket (probably 6 or 7 years ago now) I tried calling in during a weather interruption and was told there was nothing they could do. Not sure if they still have the same policy.

Believe it or not the Summer months here are when my satelite goes out more. It will usually happen 4-5 times duering the summer when a strong thunderstorm rolls in. In the fall/winter I rarely have a problem. Snow really is not a problem unless it is the wet snow & then all you have to do go outside & brush off the dish. On my old house the sob from direct tv mounted it literally almost on the top of my roof(it was a 2 story house). I would have to climb up on a slanted icey roof to brush the snow off. A few times I almost slipped & probably would of broke my neck. My wife would always say would it kill you to go a couple of hours without watching sports when I would get my boots on to make the climb. I would always tell her "yes it would".

Edited by Gordio

Best I could do was $20 off NFL Tkt for each of the 5 months of payments ($100 off) but they also gave me the free HD, free upgrade to an HD DVR from a non-HD DVR for a 2nd room and no service charge.

Actually all customers can get a receiver upgrade each year.

The best angle is the, "Wife.....BUT IT COSTS TOO MUCH" story. Literally have your significant other....Or some girl for that matter call in and complain that the price is too high and you cannot afford it. The rep will then "negotiate" a better deal to make something vice nothing. Most reps gotta believe that any male who has had the ticket before will complain....but ultimately pay the full price IOT watch any game they want. Let a "wife" call in.....And Directv will acknowledge that you're serious about cancelling....LET THE NEGOTIATIONS BEGIN!

Made my second call yesterday. First call got $25 off month for 6 months, Starz for 90 days free, and HD programming free for 27 months. Girl was stubborn yesterday. Told her I know many who received the Ticket for free but she wouldn't budge. Got an extra $5 off my bill for 2 years plus To Go for free this year. Depends on who you talk to, I guess.

I had Sunday Ticket through a mid-season promotion last year (upgrade to their Premier package for 6 months and ST was included at no extra charge). I must not have cancelled Sunday Ticket yet so now the potential charge of $53.99 is showing on my bill. I called DirecTV and the CSR just offered the $20 off for 6 months, and I politely declined. I did receive a call a couple of weeks ago from DirecTv's outbound marketing/sales people offering me another deal (not involving Sunday Ticket) so I may call them back tonight and ask for a deal with Sunday Ticket.