Sunday NFL Ticket

Ok, I had a few minutes to kill so I called back. No threats or anything like that; just asked what they could do given my long-standing account history. At first all I was offered was a $10/mo. credit for 12 months ($120) but when I kept pushing she "found" another $10/mo. credit for 24 months. So, over the course of the next two years I'll get a $360 credit. Guess I can't complain.

i got normal programming folks and best they would do is 20$ for 6 months. I guess I need to try the retention route

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In DIRECTV's defense, the legal mentioned it would apply to the 2012 season if there were no season in 2011.

BTW, I called today, and the best I was given was a $60 bill credit. And yes, that was with retention. I've only had DIRECTV for about a year now, though.

did you mention that you heard of friends getting $150 credits? i have not called. but when you mention other "hidden" deals. most of the times they get "found"

just have to ask.

did you mention that you heard of friends getting $150 credits? i have not called. but when you mention other "hidden" deals. most of the times they get "found"

just have to ask.

I mentioned I heard about $179, but I forgot to re-check this thread before I called...forgot that $150 credit is the magic word...doh!

Will call again later this week.

My questions is geared towards those who have Sunday Ticket to Go without the full Sunday Ticket. Sticktly the online package. My guess is there's little incentive for them to discount it

Yes, got that thrown in for free on top of the $150 credit. Also free Starz and $5 off HBO for 6 months.

Got $20 off per month for 6 months, $5 off HBO for 6 months, Starz for 90 days and 2 years free HD programming fee for signing up for auto pay. If you have been with DirecTV for a while and are polite they will work with you.

Called and told them I was going to cancel. Gave me the 6 month $25 dollar credit. Then said, "because you have the premium package you will receive an extra $10 off for 6 month and get NFL To Go for free." So basically I received a $210 credit and a free $50 NFL to Go. Took 5 mins on the phone to do this. No haggling needed. Just asked for their best offer because I can't afford to spend that much on a luxury item.

Called and told them I was going to cancel. Gave me the 6 month $25 dollar credit. Then said, "because you have the premium package you will receive an extra $10 off for 6 month and get NFL To Go for free." So basically I received a $210 credit and a free $50 NFL to Go. Took 5 mins on the phone to do this. No haggling needed. Just asked for their best offer because I can't afford to spend that much on a luxury item.

I went the same route as you. Just called to cancel and I was immediately transferred to retention (although it wasn't called that), didn't have to ask for it. At first they wouldn't budge at all other then $10 of my YEARLY bill. Told them that won't fly and that is the best she could do. Told her she has been fantastic to crunching the numbers etc. I was very nice and called her by name several times, and then asked if I could speak to a manager.

Several minutes on hold.....

Kim comes back and I get $240 in credits and free NFL to go on the Droid.

Be nice, ask for a manager/supervisor and essentially get NFL package for $80.

Thanks everyone for the heads up on this.

I went the same route as you. Just called to cancel and I was immediately transferred to retention (although it wasn't called that), didn't have to ask for it. At first they wouldn't budge at all other then $10 of my YEARLY bill. Told them that won't fly and that is the best she could do. Told her she has been fantastic to crunching the numbers etc. I was very nice and called her by name several times, and then asked if I could speak to a manager.

Several minutes on hold.....

Kim comes back and I get $240 in credits and free NFL to go on the Droid.

Be nice, ask for a manager/supervisor and essentially get NFL package for $80.

Thanks everyone for the heads up on this.

Nice, you did better than I did. Forgot to ask about NFL To Go!!

Well, I finally called Directv to threaten to cancel / negotiate a better deal.

Being a customer for 13 years or so helps. I end up paying about $168 for the season, with free to-go and the web broadcasts as well.

Not to bad. Did not have to haggle too much.

At $324, I was prepared to give up the Ticket. Thankfully, I don't have to.