Godson in Town (15 yr old) for the first time ever

My Godson is coming into town later this week for the first ( and maybe only) time ever. His father and I bleed the red, white and blue of this team and i would love for him to see the field with his own eyes just once, even if it is only for 5 minutes.

Is that at all possible? I mean I am not talking about a tour; if we can just get in, even with a guard present, and see the stadium and field it would be not only a special moment for him, but a special moment between him and his father.

If anyone knows anything, or anyone who could help I would greatly appreciate.

Thank you in advance.

A few years ago I wanted to do the same thing for different reasons. My dad and I went to the Administration Building and just asked - we drove over to the tunnel and walked out onto the field!! It was pretty cool.

My suggestion is:

> be humble and polite in your request

> be honest (not saying you wouldn't be)

> go at a time when little or nothing is going on at OBD

Ya never know . . .

Edited by Never NEVER Give-up

A few years ago I wanted to do the same thing for different reasons. My dad and I went to the Administration Building and just asked - we drove over to the tunnel and walked out onto the field!! It was pretty cool.

My suggestion is:

Ya never know . . .

This sounds like good advice.

Dont bother calling and asking because theyll probably say no by default. But if a nice family shows up on a Tuesday morning, I bet theyd get you to the field for a few minutes.

My suggestion is:

Ya never know . . .

This is great advice. I live my life with the motto of "It doesn't hurt to ask." I wish you the best of luck. Sounds like it would be a great time.

I live in Vegas and the first time I went to a home Bills game I called to arrange a tour. Luckily they already had one planned for a Bills backer group so I got to join. They took us on to the field it was a great experience. Have fun

Just show up and loudly demand to see Nix and Gailey. Tell them you've been a Bills fan for years and have a sure-fire plan complete with all the right Free Agents to sign that will get The Bills winning six SuperBowls in a row. If they don't offer you a complete facilities tour as well as a FO job right away, do doughnuts in the parking lot on your way out.

Just show up and loudly demand to see Nix and Gailey. Tell them you've been a Bills fan for years and have a sure-fire plan complete with all the right Free Agents to sign that will get The Bills winning six SuperBowls in a row. If they don't offer you a complete facilities tour as well as a FO job right away, do doughnuts in the parking lot on your way out.

Also, be sure to show them your TwoBillsDrive profile and post count!

you could call and inquire about purchasing season tickets......ask if you could come to the ralph and "sit" in the seats to check out the view/site lines.....you could get a look at the field then......no way in heck they let you on the field during installation.

When you arrive, just don't tell Ralph Wilson you're related to Lou Saban...or Tom Donahoe. I'd tell them your best friends with Russ Brandon- that will get you a VIP tour with your name on the scoreboard. :pirate:

My Godson is coming into town later this week for the first ( and maybe only) time ever. His father and I bleed the red, white and blue of this team and i would love for him to see the field with his own eyes just once, even if it is only for 5 minutes.

Is that at all possible? I mean I am not talking about a tour; if we can just get in, even with a guard present, and see the stadium and field it would be not only a special moment for him, but a special moment between him and his father.

If anyone knows anything, or anyone who could help I would greatly appreciate.

Thank you in advance.

Write a moderately short letter to the head of community or public relations in the organization. That will distinguish you from the numerous e-mailers. Explain that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity for your godson. As another poster noted if you are humble and understanding of the organization's time constraints and pre-occupation with their responsibilities in this chaotic NFL time with the lockout ending that would be noticed.

I wouldn't just show up unannounced and try to get a tour of the facilities. That could be awkward for them and your godson if it is a bad time for fulfilling your request. As others have stated you can't get anywhere if you don't try. Good luck.

Oh yeah, we are going to do that regardless.

If all else fails maybe I could rent a helicopter and do a fly-by.

:P

If you rent a helicopter you might as well just land the damn thing at midfield then - problem solved :thumbsup:

Another thing to consider is how the turf installlation might affect this. It may be easier with various contractors/workers going in/out - or harder with them keeping a closer eye just because of this (and also potentially more people showing up to try to get a glimpse of the new turf).

Is there any chance in the future of your friend making a trip and bringing his kid to see a home game? That is of course the best way to see the stadium....

Make sure you report back on whether you got in.

If you rent a helicopter you might as well just land the damn thing at midfield then - problem solved :thumbsup:

Another thing to consider is how the turf installlation might affect this. It may be easier with various contractors/workers going in/out - or harder with them keeping a closer eye just because of this (and also potentially more people showing up to try to get a glimpse of the new turf).

Is there any chance in the future of your friend making a trip and bringing his kid to see a home game? That is of course the best way to see the stadium....

Make sure you report back on whether you got in.

Thanks Steve, and i will.

I hope we can do this...the thing of it is, just thinking about it makes me feel like a little kid again. I would like to be able to point to that field and say to him, "your father and I were going to games here 35 years ago...it's part of who we are."