Summer Music

gomper

ultimate summer anthem. "When the weather is nice, you got women, women on your mind. Have a drink, have a drive, go out and see what you can find"

Allman Brothers, Blue Sky

youtube.com/watch?v=G1jpQu6qR1E

this song always makes me feel so happy. What a beautiful guitar solo in it

This is one of my favorite songs of all time...it just happens to be about summer...anyone with a heart will feel it...bittersweet...must say, this is not my favorite version, but it is the best one I can find on youtube...the one from the "Jonathan Sings" album is just stellar...

I think this thread made me realize how much I never really liked summer time...too fuggin hot! So, all my favorite songs tend to be sort of melancholy...thought about "Paint It Black" ("I see the girls go buy, dressed in their summer close...I have to turn my head until my darkness goes"...great lyric)

I realize, nobody actually watches these...but another great summer song:

Summer Rain- Johnny Rivers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSLGneuOqxk

BufTex: I think this thread made me realize how much I never really liked summer time...too fuggin hot! So, all my favorite songs tend to be sort of melancholy...thought about "Paint It Black" ("I see the girls go buy, dressed in their summer close...I have to turn my head until my darkness goes"...great lyric)

Interesting take. As a youngin' in WNY, Summer was almost a dream and couldn't get enough of it -given that it only lasts for approx. 1.5 months as opposed to a 6 month Winter. But you're right. Having resided in the South by choice for nearly 20 years, it is indeed too day-um hot for too day-um long.

Ask, and ye shall receive:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lB1HdadJ3o&feature=player_detailpage

Now go forth and multiply:flirt:

BufTex: I think this thread made me realize how much I never really liked summer time...too fuggin hot! So, all my favorite songs tend to be sort of melancholy...thought about "Paint It Black" ("I see the girls go buy, dressed in their summer close...I have to turn my head until my darkness goes"...great lyric)

Interesting take. As a youngin' in WNY, Summer was almost a dream and couldn't get enough of it -given that it only lasts for approx. 1.5 months as opposed to a 6 month Winter. But you're right. Having resided in the South by choice for nearly 20 years, it is indeed too day-um hot for too day-um long.

Ask, and ye shall receive:

youtube.com/watch?v=-lB1HdadJ3o&feature=player_detailpage

Now go forth and multiply:flirt:

I grew up in Buffalo, moved away in my mid-20's, and have been in Austin for twenty years (as of September). It is funny, whenever I tell anyone I am from Buffalo, the first thing they say is either something about the miserable football team, or the miserable weather. I used to sort of agree, on the weather thing, but the longer I am in Texas, I realize, I never really hated the winter as much as most people tend to, and, at this point, I wonder, is 6 months of cold to bitter cold weather any worse than miserable, oppressive heat? It has been over 100 degrees here, everyday, going on a month, and we are only at mid-July. The hottest times here are usually in August-September...I can remember Christmas here, sweating my nads off in shorts and wife-beater. I really hate it. It is cool when you can go to the river, or something, but most of the week, just trying to get out, go to work, in crummy heat is just demoralizing.

People think I am nuts, but, as much as I love Austin, the weather really makes me think seriously about leaving, more and more. I didn't leave Buffalo because of the weather. I always liked school, growing up...not to get too Oprah here, but, the reasons I never liked summer so much, I think, were more personal. I didn't get along with my father so well, growing up, and I had to spend a lot more time with him during the summer...I appreciate him more now, in my old age, but he was pretty tough, as a kid. Summer, for me, was just endless "projects" around the house, or even worse, being "furloughed" out to my uncle's farm in Pendleton for a week, to wash potatoes and other "fun" stuff... :P Looking back, it wasn't all bad, I just didn't enjoy it so much when I was living it...so, the reason I don't get all excited about summer.