Trade Rumor

Had an old college buddy for Vegas call me and tells me he heard of a possible trade rumor of Mckelvin for Tebow when the new CBA is reached. Said he heard it quickly on a radio talk show while driving. I have nothing to back it up, did anyone else hear this? Just thought it was interesting because of the recent # trade. Plus with Mckelvin's history here, buffalo's so called love affair with Tebow, The new coach and Elway in Denver you could start to see this maybe happening? Is denver even looking for a corner?

Thoughts.

0:) 0:) 0:) No pun intended :D . Shoot I've been trying to trade them spiller for Tebow, this would would be even better. Guys like Tebow only come around once in a lifetime. He may not be the best QB but he has more "IT"than anyone. As much as I want Fitz to succeed getting Tebow for McFumbles is a no brainer. If for some impossibility that he can't play QB he would make a HOF TE which we also need.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0:) 0:) 0:) No pun intended :D . Shoot I've been trying to trade them spiller for Tebow, this would would be even better. Guys like Tebow only come around once in a lifetime. He may not be the best QB but he has more "IT"than anyone. As much as I want Fitz to succeed getting Tebow for McFumbles is a no brainer. If for some impossibility that he can't play QB he would make a HOF TE which we also need.

Unless your a Gators fan, I cannot see how it can be determined that he has "it".

It's Friday ... it's been a long week ... and now we are getting third hand news that makes absoulutely no sense whatsoever although Denver's defense sucked last year.

Tebow is apparently number two in Denver but Fox admits he has not seen any of his working out. Tebow has been leading the offensive players in practice at a local high school. And, Elway seems to like him.

Not sure how well Champ Bailey is playing these days at CB.

Good enough to have a 4 year 43mil (22 guaranteed) contract this past spring. He's lost a step, but is still a top 5 CB IMO.

As for Tebow/Mckelvin, we're not very deep at CB so it would result in Aaron Williams getting a look right from the get go. If they think he's good enough, let him do it.

I'd like to see who ESPN/media would say got the better part of the deal. Both former 1st rounders, both full of potential (except many Bills fans will say Leodis has been a straight up bust to this point). I still think he's salvageable, but who wouldn't pull last years hypothetical Leodis/Gaither trade now.

Edited by stony

Had an old college buddy for Vegas call me and tells me he heard of a possible trade rumor of Mckelvin for Tebow when the new CBA is reached. Said he heard it quickly on a radio talk show while driving. I have nothing to back it up, did anyone else hear this? Just thought it was interesting because of the recent # trade. Plus with Mckelvin's history here, buffalo's so called love affair with Tebow, The new coach and Elway in Denver you could start to see this maybe happening? Is denver even looking for a corner?

Thoughts.

I think you made it up. Man somebody is bored. That makes no sense what so ever. We would weaken our secondary which is already in need of talent that can stay healthy. McKelvin is also hopefully starting to get a head for the game to go with his obvious physical skills.

Although we were supposedly trying to trade back into the first round to get him, Tebow would just send the wrong message to and about Fitz. I wouldn't buy the sit on the bench and learn for a couple years BS. After Fitz's first INT the sector of the fans that are still looking for "the savior" would fire up the QB controversy machine and off we would go. Fitz has thrown the 2nd most TDs since Kelly in 1991 and he did it in only 13 games.

Why plan his obsolescence by getting Tebow without seeing if he can build upon last year?

Edited by PDaDdy

Thoughts.

Aren't they looking for a D in total?

Unless your a Gators fan, I cannot see how it can be determined that he has "it".

I'm not a gators fan you don't need to be one to recognize Tebow's leadership, playmaking and ability to win.

Why, was there some Tebow accomplishments in the NFL to speak of??

is there anything that Darius has done in the NFL to be a top three draft pick?

Note I said "hopefully".

I know, thus the smile emoticon.

It would be SOOO freaking great if one of these underachievers could step up. For instance, the Bills could win an extra game (at least) if Spiller could even approach the level of a first round pick, let alone a number 9.

I have very high expectations for Dareus and hope that he will break this trend. :thumbsup:

I'd like to see who ESPN/media would say got the better part of the deal. Both former 1st rounders, both full of potential (except many Bills fans will say Leodis has been a straight up bust to this point). I still think he's salvageable, but who wouldn't pull last years hypothetical Leodis/Gaither trade now.

Me, for sure. Did Gaither play in any games last year? He has a back injury that held him out all of last season and is now a UFA. I wouldn't sign Gaither for free this offseason.

Thoughts.

Doubt it would ever happen, but I would be all in for sure. Actually, if the Broncos wanted McFumble, I would trade him for Brady Quinn. I think he has just as much upside in the NFL as Tebow does.