New Authentic Jerseys

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had season tickets for 13 years now and this year got 2 more, ive been through tons of jerseys, replica jerseys for 85 a pop. How many are still with the bills? none of those jerseys, how many playoff games have i seen since i had season tickets? None. So yeah i supported the bills then, where did it get this team that is in such financial despair? no where. So last year my friend told me about these sites, he gets all of his jerseys there, alot nicer then the replicas as well,and now thats the only place i will buy one. Say what you want, yeah this economy sucks, so you expect us to waste 85 for a replica jersey or 250 for an authentic one when these players are constantly changing?!?! Sorry man i have a full time job,and a part time job, new car, own place, and i manage to buy my season tickets including another pair this year, the bills get their money from me and will continue to through season tickets. So if your willing to spend 250 a pop on an authentic jersey, or 85 replica, on a player that might be gone the following year, good for you, ill continue to get my jerseys from china for cheap. As for your comment about the money going to 11 year old kids in china, i really dont want to hear that man. I went to school for 4 years for criminal justice, in debt for student loans, ive gotten mid-high 90s on all my civil service tests and im yet to have my police/state trooper job, but yet they give hispanics( no offense to anyone, its the point) 5-15 extra points and giving them jobs for getting a lower grade on a test then i did. SO before you complain about this country and team being in such bad times, maybe you should look at stuff like that before you say something so stupid.

you dont want to hear the complaint for the 11 year old kids cause its the truth...and what does your education and mexicans have anything to do with americans buying and outsourcing to other countries..i feel bad that a immigrant has taken your position and that your well educated at what you do and still looking for work...but what in gods name does that have to do with you americans buying ripoff, illegal made, sweat shop made, sending more american money overseas jerseys..im failing to find the logic in this...and last but not least... im not complaining about the team and country being in bad times...im simply saying that we as americans are helping to sellout america to save a few dollars, and thats bs..so with that great education that you have, and the money you are saving buying in sweatshops, maybe you can afford some adhd medicine and pay attention to the real point...selling out america..maybe you should look at stuff like that before saying something stupid...hahhaha lol....go adopt some chinese children and start your own sweat shop...sellout

Edited by benbillsfan

Were not in bad times due to buying jerseys from china, what I mean is with this economy, who are u to judge people buying jerseys for cheap while gas is 4 dollars a gallon and jobs are hard to come by. How am I selling out america? Because I buy a couple jerseys from china every year? Do you know how much I spend on the bills every year alone. Season tickets 2000, gas is about 500 a year, hotel about 800-1000 a year, parking over 100, add tolls, and food to that as well and your judging because I save a few bucks on jerseys? Get lost man, and while I'm not prejudice or anything like that, immigrants coming to our country is a much bigger issue then an 11 year old making jerseys and getting sold in the us and its not even close.

And taking jobs from americans***

you dont want to hear the complaint for the 11 year old kids cause its the truth...and what does your education and mexicans have anything to do with americans buying and outsourcing to other countries..i feel bad that a immigrant has taken your position and that your well educated at what you do and still looking for work...but what in gods name does that have to do with you americans buying ripoff, illegal made, sweat shop made, sending more american money overseas jerseys..im failing to find the logic in this...and last but not least... im not complaining about the team and country being in bad times...im simply saying that we as americans are helping to sellout america to save a few dollars, and thats bs..so with that great education that you have, and the money you are saving buying in sweatshops, maybe you can afford some adhd medicine and pay attention to the real point...selling out america..maybe you should look at stuff like that before saying something stupid...hahhaha lol....go adopt some chinese children and start your own sweat shop...sellout

People are saving more than "a few" dollars... and by all means, sell me a product similar in quality and at a reasonably close price, and maybe I'll buy from you.

Until then, feel free to worry about yourself and where you decide to spend YOUR money, and stop worrying about where everyone else chooses to spend their's.

People are saving more than "a few" dollars... and by all means, sell me a product similar in quality and at a reasonably close price, and maybe I'll buy from you.

Until then, feel free to worry about yourself and where you decide to spend YOUR money, and stop worrying about where everyone else chooses to spend their's.

im not worried what anyone spends their money on...ok does anyone know that this country is starting to lose social security, and my grandma and my mom and me and you will have nothing when the time comes..now if we as americans bought american and not some fake ripoff lookalike...i think things would be in a better financial state...i dont give two s**** what cheap, fake, jerseys you wear or buy...it is the fact that that hard earned money is leaving the country, just like the steel, the cars, the computer chips...it is the damn reason unemployment has hit the roof and in june only 11,ooo jobs were created...11 thousand, thats pathetic...one huge reason is the overseas marketing and buying....please dont tell me you dont agree with me...everyone knows im right about this...but of course you wont admit it....i put alot of money in the nfl...they have 9 billion dollars in tv revenue that they cant even decide on how to split it up...i am a season ticket holder for the bears..and still make bills games each year cause i love them, that doesnt mean i get the right to sellout my country...wtf....im not trying to start a pissing match but man there are people in this country that cant put food on the table and feed their kids...or even have a car, or afford gas...anyway at least the jerseys that our bills players wear are made in berlin wisconsin...so at least thats good...im not trying to bash anyone here and i know i said some strong things...but i hope you understand im not trying to make it personal...but i do have a great point and you all know that....

Edited by benbillsfan

These companies are committing copyright infringement.

And by leaving these types of threads up, TBD is facilitating copyright infringement. If TBD wants to continue a friendly working relationship with the Bills and the NFL, it would probably be in the interest of SDS/mods to close these threads.

Look, you guys who do this know where to get this stuff. If that's what you're bound to do, then we can't really stop you from doing that. The NFL and their lawyers have to take that up through the Chinese government to crack down and enforce international copyrights (doubtless they've tried; they're probably losing tens of millions a year). But make no mistake that you're buying wares from someone who's breaking the law. They're not even leaving the NFL/team logos off so as to make a claim that it's a generic jersey --- they're making money off of the NFL's trademarks.

:thumbsup: The law is being broken. Yet many here gripe of high prices as validation (as you added as well). Right and wrong simply doesn't apply to many here.

:thumbsup: The law is being broken. Yet many here gripe of high prices as validation (as you added as well). Right and wrong simply doesn't apply to many here.

The only people griping are the ones who want me to spend an extra $250 on an item for the good of my country... :doh:

Do any of you even know where/how the NFL has their jerseys made?

Don't get mad at me because the NFL decides to overcharge their products, and please do some research before accusing us of single-handedly stealing your grandma's S.S. :rolleyes:

im not worried what anyone spends their money on...ok does anyone know that this country is starting to lose social security, and my grandma and my mom and me and you will have nothing when the time comes..now if we as americans bought american and not some fake ripoff lookalike

Let me see if I understand you. Nike/Reebok pays a factory in China for jerseys for I'm guessing about $10 each. They then mark it up quite a bit, adding no value mind you, just turning it around and selling them to the NFL. The NFL also marks it up quite a bit, also adding no value except the ability to buy it in a local store, then sells them to the public. So my giving China an extra $10 of my money directly, not giving 2 American companies $190 for doing next to nothing, and not paying the taxes on the "donations" that I make to the 2 American companies that do next to nothing is killing social security? Is that what you think? Do you also condemn Nike/Reebok and the NFL for having the jerseys made in China? Seems like they are doing what I am doing, namely getting jerseys of the desired quality for the lowest price possible. If it is OK for them, why is it not OK for me?

Edited by CodeMonkey

Discussing why it happens is one thing. There's more than that happening here, including --- in two threads --- which sellers to use, a link to the website, what their rating is, pricing, payment methods, etc. If that's not a facilitation, I don't know what is.

You'd be absolutely wrong with your assumption that the damage isn't very much. Those links are busts of just two purveyors, who possessed product whose authentic equivalent is over half a million $.

The argument that it's high-priced and people just wouldn't buy them at all otherwise is specious. The same can be said of movies and pirated DVDs. So what? They should just allow people to undersell them with imitations? If it's too much, then don't buy it. If enough don't buy it, prices come down.

The NFL controls its product jealously where it can, as any company would. That announcement that you hear during games --- 'This broadcast and descriptions of this game are official property of the NFL and may not be reproduced or rebroadcast without express permission of the NFL.' That's not there for show.

If you don't stay in the NFL's good graces for a myriad of issues, they can bring the hurt. IIRC, there was recently a newspaper in DC that was barred from covering the Redskins. Do they do this often? No. But it's possible. Hosting threads on where to purchase knock-offs, which sellers to shop, etc. probably isn't looked upon kindly.

It's very simple. If the customer decides that they are being overcharged, and are willing to seek other outlets to get the material they want, the industry needs to either a) shut down all opportunities at the "other outlets" or b) readjust their business model. (a) has proven to be both costly and largely ineffective, especially when dealing with overseas issues. So (b) seems to be the way to go. If NFL stitched "authentic" jerseys (not the iron on crap they sell for 75) were $75 here in the states, you'd see very few people buying knockoffs. But instead, they overcharge $300 for one, most which is pure markup.

The fights with the recording industry of the last 10 years totally changed that industry and forced them to "get with the times," and now there's a reasonable model in place for people to acquire and listen to music at a decent price people are willing to pay. The NFL needs to follow.

The only people griping are the ones who want me to spend an extra $250 on an item for the good of my country... :doh:

I haven't gone off on some tangential Social Security argument. I've highlighted the copyright legality of it.

You can all piss and moan that the NFL retails these for $300. OK. But where you lose me is when you think you're entitled to break copyright law a few times a year just b/c you may spend money on the Bills in other forms.

That's like saying it's OK to help someone rob two houses a year as long as you don't torture, rape, or murder anyone.

This is black and white. You're either following the law or you're not. You either buy through someone from China who you know ***** all over copyright and trademark laws... or you buy one here through NFL licensed dealers... or don't buy one. There's no weasel room to say "I give enough $ to the NFL/Bills already, so what I'm doing is perfectly legal."

Let me see if I understand you. Nike/Reebok pays a factory in China for jerseys for I'm guessing about $10 each. They then mark it up quite a bit, adding no value mind you, just turning it around and selling them to the NFL. The NFL also marks it up quite a bit, also adding no value except the ability to buy it in a local store, then sells them to the public. So my giving China an extra $10 of my money directly, not giving 2 American companies $190 for doing next to nothing, and not paying the taxes on the "donations" that I make to the 2 American companies that do next to nothing is killing social security? Is that what you think? Do you also condemn Nike/Reebok and the NFL for having the jerseys made in China? Seems like they are doing what I am doing, namely getting jerseys of the desired quality for the lowest price possible. If it is OK for them, why is it not OK for me?

B/c the NFL and the Bills hold trademarks on their designs. They contract with companies to make their wares, and then contract with other companies to sell those wares. Trademarks are a special kind of patent, identifying a brand... like Ziploc bags own the trademark for the name Ziploc. No one else can use that name or, say, exactly copy Ziploc's 'Red and Blue when it's open. Purple when it's sealed' design. These Chinese firms are appropriating these registered trademarks and mass producing counterfeit jerseys.

It's not OK for you because you do not hold a trademark on the designs/logos.

As a customer of these companies, you're in the same boat as people who illegally download music, movies, etc. You may not think much of it, but as I wrote, make no mistake --- you are breaking the law.

It's very simple. If the customer decides that they are being overcharged, and are willing to seek other outlets to get the material they want, the industry needs to either a) shut down all opportunities at the "other outlets" or b) readjust their business model. (a) has proven to be both costly and largely ineffective, especially when dealing with overseas issues. So (b) seems to be the way to go. If NFL stitched "authentic" jerseys (not the iron on crap they sell for 75) were $75 here in the states, you'd see very few people buying knockoffs. But instead, they overcharge $300 for one, most which is pure markup.

The fights with the recording industry of the last 10 years totally changed that industry and forced them to "get with the times," and now there's a reasonable model in place for people to acquire and listen to music at a decent price people are willing to pay. The NFL needs to follow.

Exactly none of that changes the fact that breaking trademark and copyright law is illegal.

OK James so your entire problem with the counterfeit jerseys is due to trademark infringement.

I don't think anyone here has stated or believes it is not trademark infringement.

Particularly since the counterfeits I have seen are complete down to the smallest detail, including the holographic "seal of authenticity".

Basically it boils down to this. My 3 kids each want one, I do not. So I can spend $600 for authentic from the Bills store, $240 for crappy painted on replica, or $60 for counterfeit authentic. Which may change or players leave at any time. I choose the $60. If that make me a scofflaw or a bad person in your eyes I am OK with that. But I refuse to be ripped off by the NFL (in this way at least). C'est la Vie.

Edited by CodeMonkey

My official position on this is that I don't intend to violate any NFL trademarks; these jerseys from China appear to be an entrepreneur's attempt at offering a product that may or may not closely approximate the style and color of uniforms worn by an American football team in Buffalo.

;)

To me this is about dollars and sense.

Bought a Eric Moulds jersey from the Bills store when they went to the dark blues in 2002. Numbers started to fade after about 6 months. Feel like I got ripped off buying a bad item that would not last.

In 2004 bought a Jim Brown Mitchell and Ness off Ebay for 37 bucks shipping included. Sewn Letters and numbers. Far better product, numbers and letters will never fade out.

Lets see, brought from Bills store 80 dollars , turns out not worth it.

Brought one of Ebay, better product for half the price.

Will never buy from the NFL or Bills store when it comes to Jerseys. China and Korea make better jerseys. I have a choice, that what America is all about.

Will say this, I always buy American when it comes to autos . Don't want to give Nissan or Toyota my money because it goes out and I will always support since I did work for GM for almost 10 years.

If you really want to support American workers buy american cars. Who gives a crap where you buy a jersey from.

Think I'll wait a year, let the hype cool down.

Let NIKE take over, see what they've got to offer, they may lower the price!

I believe in time the price will come down for whatever reasons,

just be patient grasshopper, because I do want an AUTHENTIC, but can wait

another building year, to get one. Every jersey I've ever seen, that didn't come from the NFL looked as cheap as it's price. They may look very close, but a few washings, and they're so obvious they're fakes! You can tell by the colors, but what really tips you off is, the name plate. And I wouldn't wear anything that looked cheap, and cheapens our franchise, just to be cheap. Congrats you saved money, and you look it!

We know who you are! LOL! GO BILLS!

To me this is about dollars and sense.

Bought a Eric Moulds jersey from the Bills store when they went to the dark blues in 2002. Numbers started to fade after about 6 months. Feel like I got ripped off buying a bad item that would not last.

In 2004 bought a Jim Brown Mitchell and Ness off Ebay for 37 bucks shipping included. Sewn Letters and numbers. Far better product, numbers and letters will never fade out.

Lets see, brought from Bills store 80 dollars , turns out not worth it.

Brought one of Ebay, better product for half the price.

Will never buy from the NFL or Bills store when it comes to Jerseys. China and Korea make better jerseys. I have a choice, that what America is all about.

Will say this, I always buy American when it comes to autos . Don't want to give Nissan or Toyota my money because it goes out and I will always support since I did work for GM for almost 10 years.

If you really want to support American workers buy american cars. Who gives a crap where you buy a jersey from.

FYI.. the number one american made car last year was the Toyota Camry.... just sayin.

the jerseys that we watch our players play in...are not made in china they are made in wisconsin..

I looked at shopthebills.com and the only authentic jerseys they have are customized ones starting at 300$. Will that change as time moves on? Because I'm tired of the cheap replicas and I want a jersey equal to the quality of my Sabres jerseys, but I'm not willing to spend 300$ for it.

Then your suckin hind TEET cause you get what you pay for & you pay for everything when it comes to the NFL !!!!

Were not in bad times due to buying jerseys from china, what I mean is with this economy, who are u to judge people buying jerseys for cheap while gas is 4 dollars a gallon and jobs are hard to come by. How am I selling out america? Because I buy a couple jerseys from china every year? Do you know how much I spend on the bills every year alone. Season tickets 2000, gas is about 500 a year, hotel about 800-1000 a year, parking over 100, add tolls, and food to that as well and your judging because I save a few bucks on jerseys? Get lost man, and while I'm not prejudice or anything like that, immigrants coming to our country is a much bigger issue then an 11 year old making jerseys and getting sold in the us and its not even close.

And taking jobs from americans***

If I've learned nothing else today, I've learned that I am grateful that you have not become a NYS Trooper. Here's a hint, anyone whose ever said the phrase, "and while I'm not prejudice or anything like that," is a bigot.