New Authentic Jerseys

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is correct for the game worn jerseys by the players. As as you noted they are not made by reebok. But the ones sold by reebok, which are the stitched ones we fans buy from the stadiums or from nfl.com, where are they made?

That I honestly don't know. I would assume somewhere overseas. They really aren't truly authentic though. But yeah, I would guess somewhere overseas.

That I honestly don't know. I would assume somewhere overseas. They really aren't truly authentic though. But yeah, I would guess somewhere overseas.

Well, that's kind of the point of this thread; authentic jerseys that are able to be PURCHASED, not what the players on the field wear.

As you noted, they're different, and aside from auctions, I don't believe the game worn jerseys are readily available to the public for purchase.

The jerseys that are sold to Joe Public aren't made in the USA, period.

Well, that's kind of the point of this thread; authentic jerseys that are able to be PURCHASED, not what the players on the field wear.

As you noted, they're different, and aside from auctions, I don't believe the game worn jerseys are readily available to the public for purchase.

The jerseys that are sold to Joe Public aren't made in the USA, period.

And the jerseys that can be PURCHASED on mainstream NFL sites are not "authentic", period. They really shouldn't be referred to as authentic while playing the china, sweatshop, slave labor card.

But anyway, Joe Public can purchase true authentic NFL jerseys, and if you know someone, or can friend someone, from Ripon or Wilson, they will even make some for you. This doesn't mean you have to have a lifelong friend from their company. You can meet them at trade shows, athletic conferences, etc. It's really not too hard, if this is your cup of tea.

But talking to a Wilson rep today at work, he makes a good point. The real authentic NFL jerseys, worn by players, make horrible collectors items if you like to actually wear the jerseys you buy. Because when worn by a normal human being, without shoulder pads, they make you look like a tool because they bubble and bunch up all around the shoulders and where the jersey tapers under the armpits. They were actually making fun of one of their colleagues today when he wore his John Riggins jersey to a Skins game last year. Because his jersey was actually so rare in how it was made, he actually looked like he was wearing a Chinese knockoff because he looked so goofy in the thing.

Edited by Lv-Bills

And the jerseys that can be PURCHASED on mainstream NFL sites are not "authentic", period. They really shouldn't be referred to as authentic while playing the china, sweatshop, slave labor card.

But anyway, Joe Public can purchase true authentic NFL jerseys, and if you know someone, or can friend someone, from Ripon or Wilson, they will even make some for you. This doesn't mean you have to have a lifelong friend from their company. You can meet them at trade shows, athletic conferences, etc. It's really not too hard, if this is your cup of tea.

But talking to a Wilson rep today at work, he makes a good point. The real authentic NFL jerseys, worn by players, make horrible collectors items if you like to actually wear the jerseys you buy. Because when worn by a normal human being, without shoulder pads, they make you look like a tool because they bubble and bunch up all around the shoulders and where the jersey tapers under the armpits. They were actually making fun of one of their colleagues today when he wore his John Riggins jersey to a Skins game last year. Because his jersey was actually so rare in how it was made, he actually looked like he was wearing a Chinese knockoff because he looked so goofy in the thing.

I would relate it to the Seinfeld episode when Jerry wore that white hideous shirt... it is pretty "poofy" around the shoulder area...

*has an authentic and can't wear it in public

And no, I'm not telling whose jersey it is.

Well, forget DH gate, i pulled the trigger on a new Dareus replica Reebok jersey from Sports Authority.com. Also ordered a MLB jersey and a Ryan Miller t-shirt for my kid. Found a 15% off coupon online for orders over $100 so basically the Bills jersey was $72. Can't wait to get this package.

Just to update some of you who are so inclined, I've requested photos from several of the suppliers on DHGate.com to see what these new jerseys look like, and the results have varied widely. So far, the supplier "realfine" appears to have good-looking stuff. "jerseybaby" and "honest-first" -- not so much.

I've got a couple of jerseys on the way from "realfine" and I'll let you know how they turn out.

Just to update some of you who are so inclined, I've requested photos from several of the suppliers on DHGate.com to see what these new jerseys look like, and the results have varied widely. So far, the supplier "realfine" appears to have good-looking stuff. "jerseybaby" and "honest-first" -- not so much.

I've got a couple of jerseys on the way from "realfine" and I'll let you know how they turn out.

Hey eball, I too was waiting for real pictures rather than the bb.com copy paste job. Realfine was the first I saw to put up real pictures and I caved yesterday and bought a couple.