If you could Cherry pick any two players from the NFL

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ndamukong Suh and Haloti Ngata.. they'll bring back memories of the days where Pat Williams and Ted Washington used to eliminate opposing rushing attacks..

Not to mention they have two of the coolest names in the NFL

sorry--but some absolutely bizarre choices by some of you! Damien Woody? Gronkowski? and when did jake long become the best LT in the league?

You guys really have low expectations!

C'mon JR… you know the rules. You can't criticize others until you put your own two names out there.

sorry--but some absolutely bizarre choices by some of you! Damien Woody? Gronkowski? and when did jake long become the best LT in the league?

You guys really have low expectations!

Woody and Gronkowski are questionable, but I would love to have a LT at the level of Jake. He's young, tough, strong and has prototypical LT size and athleticism. He has been to two Pro Bowls in two seasons. Tough to argue that one. If he's not the best, he's top three and the youngest in the category.

C'mon JR… you know the rules. You can't criticize others until you put your own two names out there.

hehe; way to call me out on it!!

I would have to go with Troy Polamalu--all-world defensive player and true game-changer--as my #1.

My #2 would be more of a "need" selection--Antonio Gates--whom I consider to be a rare talent at the TE position.

Go ahead--attack! :P

hehe; way to call me out on it!!

I would have to go with Troy Polamalu--all-world defensive player and true game-changer--as my #1.

My #2 would be more of a "need" selection--Antonio Gates--whom I consider to be a rare talent at the TE position.

Go ahead--attack! :P

Not bad choices. Great veteran leadership would be a valued commodity on a young team like the Bills.

From a critical standpoint I would say that Polamalu is 30 years old and Gates is 31 years old so to me, both would be too" long in the tooth" for my tastes.

Polamalu battled injuries last year and Gates has been nagged by foot problems for the last 3 years and only played in 9 games last year.

Because the Bills are a rebuilding team, I would choose two young superstars-to-be to build upon… keeping in mind we're not allowed to choose a quarterback.

The first player I would take would be Chiefs safety Eric Berry.

Big, strong, fast, drafted 5th overall last year and selected to the Pro Bowl as a rookie. He had 92 tackles, 2 sacks, 4 ints, and scored on a 54 yard interception return. He played every defensive snap AND special teams during the regular season and in the Chiefs one playoff game, he had 9 solo tackles and 4 pass break ups. He will be the player that the late Sean Taylor was before his untimely death. The Bills have some decent safeties but no one near Berry's talent and potential.

I would go offensive line for my other pick but I would go guard (admittedly the least valued position on the O-line), not tackle or center.

My reasoning is that presently there are zero truly great tackles in the NFL as opposed to a few years ago when future Hall of Famers like Jonathan Ogden, Walter Jones, and Orlando Pace were all active.

There is a possible Hall of Fame caliber guard though, Jahri Evans of New Orleans.

He didn't play high school football and played collegiately at Division II Bloomsburg and is still very inexperienced football-wise. Yet many consider him the best guard in the NFL now, with the possible exception of Logan Mankins.

Evans is a shade over 6'4" and 320 pounds and destroys people. He is frighteningly powerful in the same way that Steve Hutchinson and Gene Upshaw were in their primes. He physically dominates his opponents.

With he and Levitre at guard and Wood at center, the Bills would have a young, talented, and dominant O-line nucleus for the next 5-10 years.

I would also consider Nick Mangold but I think Wood will become a great center for the Bills.

Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed.

Sorry dude...Reed is past his prime and Troy is getting up on the years...>With the kind of beating both of them take, I will pass...

I like the choice of Jake Long as the LT and Demarcus Ware as the RDE....Awesome picks.

this is funny - a lot of guys being named are guys we passed on during the drafts!!!

I was thinking the same thing, only it is soooo painful. I think of Bryant Mckinney, Michael Oher, Haloti Ngata, and others who were obvious choices in positions of need that we just ignored or went with real losers.

Patrick Willis and Clay Matthews. I would have taken an elite LT but I like Bell to be an above average LT and you can find RT's. Willis makes the run D a lot better and Matthews makes the team have a pass rush.

LB is the weakest position on the defense why not take two of the best in the game?