What 4 Bills Will Have The Most Catches in 2012?

I think Lee Evans and Stevie J are going to get a lot of attention, and I think you'll see a lot more from TE Scott Chandler and, quite possibly, Shawn Nelson or David Martin (the biggest of the TE's). The Bills TE's are #1 in the NFL in thrown at/caught percentage. David Nelson and Donald Jones looked like the real deal, Roscoe's back, and Marcus Easley is too. Paul Hubbard at 225 lb. is the biggest WR. Local kid Naaman Roosevelt is an expert on sideline fades.

Who will be the top 4 in catches this season, and why? List 4 in order.

My Four:

1. Stevie Johnson - great knack for getting open, great YAC.

2. Lee Evans - Drops to here b/c he'll still be double-teamed

3. David Nelson - Could even be second on the team benefiting from the attention on Stevie and Lee

4. Scott Chandler - Bigger role this season

Evans (he wont just be running 9 routes anymore - or else)

Zach Miller (I know i'm cheating, but so what?)

Little Stevie (just too good and young. And is able to actually Get Open)

No opinion on the 4th, so i'll reserve judgment.

Do you mean 2011? If so, then here's my list, keeping in mind that there's always something that happens that you don't expect:

1. Johnson

2. Evans

3. Spiller

4. Nelson

I think the coaches will get more creative in how they use Spiller and they will try to get him out more in space like the Saints use Bush or the Chargers used Sproles. Also, he'll be more mentally into it and hopefully the line will be better so they can send RBs out in patterns more instead of max protection.

I think Parrish will do well but I think his size has led to durability issues throughout his career and I see him missing some time again this year. Easley is tempting but he is essentially a rookie this year, I look for him to break out in 2012.

1. Johnson

2. Nelson

3. Spiller

4. Evans (I guess)

Anyone who thinks the Bills are gonna all of a sudden start using a TE prominently this season after two decades of not doing so and that the man who's going to step forward and accumulate a good number of catches is going to be some scrap heap practice squad pick-up is a more optimistic Bills fan than I and I consider myself to be pretty optimistic.

Johnson- he IS a true #1 wr and will prove it this year. He'll be loud and everyone in the media and league will recognize him as he nears 100 catches, another 10+ tds, and close to 1,300yrds.

David Nelson- I'd love to say it's Evans here but I just don't think he can get open on anything but deep speed routes, and that's with the double coverage now slipping to Stevie. I think Nelson will benefit from this most. He's a killer on 3rd downs and is going to be running lots of TE routes over the middle which will create many mismatches for slower LBs. I look for him to be between the 60-80 reception range with about 600-800 yards (tons of yac) and close to 10tds.

Evans- I really think his days are numbered as a Bill but I think Roscoe will show that he can't stay healthy again and will be out by week 10. This will give Evans a chance to show that he can still do it but it won't be impressive. At least not for the caliber wr that many think he is. I'm expecting between 60-70 receptions, 600-800 yards and about 6tds.

The 4th spot is tough because even if Roscoe does get hurt he will have a ton of balls his way until that happens. Easley is a complete unknown goi g into the year and I wouldn't be suprised if he was #1 or #2 based on his size alone (I really think he will be a big player in tine, just not sure it's this quick). Jo es and Roosevelt did well last year and could be the 4th as they get more comfortable and Chan might be throwing much more as Spiller needs to get more ball time. I guess I'll go with Spiller because I think this year Chan will incorporate CJ into the offense like Reggie Bush. You'll see him rub the ball 10-15 ti es a game and slip out wide quite a bit and you'll see him become glimpses of the #1 pick we all hoped he would be. I'm guessing he'll be between 50-60 catches. 5tds, and 300-500 yards through the air.

There's my list in order. The only regret I have is not adding Easley and the thought that Fitz and Lee might actually get a better repor with one another. Time will tell.

Sorry for all the spelling errors. Posting from my cell phone

I think Lee Evans and Stevie J are going to get a lot of attention, and I think you'll see a lot more from TE Scott Chandler and, quite possibly, Shawn Nelson or David Martin (the biggest of the TE's). The Bills TE's are #1 in the NFL in thrown at/caught percentage. David Nelson and Donald Jones looked like the real deal, Roscoe's back, and Marcus Easley is too. Paul Hubbard at 225 lb. is the biggest WR. Local kid Naaman Roosevelt is an expert on sideline fades.

Who will be the top 4 in catches this season, and why? List 4 in order.

My Four:

1. Stevie Johnson - great knack for getting open, great YAC.

2. Lee Evans - Drops to here b/c he'll still be double-teamed

3. David Nelson - Could even be second on the team benefiting from the attention on Stevie and Lee

4. Scott Chandler - Bigger role this season

How many of these players (including Easly, Roscoe, Rossevelt, Martin) will the Bills realistically be able to keep on the 53-man roster? If the new CBA doesn't allow for a larger number of players to be active, I don't expect all these names to still be on the roster come September.

GO BILLS!

Johnson- he IS a true #1 wr and will prove it this year. He'll be loud and everyone in the media and league will recognize him as he nears 100 catches, another 10+ tds, and close to 1,300yrds.

Man it would be nice if that comes to fruition but I judge a #1 WR by one very very simple rule... A teams #1 WR gets double teamed. Defenses know who the biggest threat is and they game plan to take them away from you. Johnson got a lot of single coverage especially when Roscoe Parrish, believe it or not, was healthy and on the field. You can look at a significant drop off in production for Evans and Johnson after Parrish got hurt.

Hopefully Johnson is:

A) Considered enough of a threat to draw double coverage opening up the offense for all WRs

B) Still productive with all the attention that he might draw in the 2012 season.

Edited by PDaDdy