7 Cheapest Owners in NFL History

It appears you were imagining things, unless a broken link from the bastion of journalistic integrity that is Bleacher Report, is the smoking gun in this debate.

Would work for me...Ralph is cheap!

Edited by Buftex

I think that all of about five minutes when into the research and writing of that slideshow.

Also, I wish people would stop using "...of NFL History" when they ignore half of the history of the NFL in their analysis/research.

I think that all of about five minutes when into the research and writing of that slideshow.

Also, I wish people would stop using "...of NFL History" when they ignore half of the history of the NFL in their analysis/research.

Amen to that. I love the "100 Best Players of All-Time" lists or whatever, that go as such: 1. Brady,2. Manning,3. Chris Johnson...

Also like the "5 Best Players in the History of the *some sports association that has only been in existence for 2 years*"

you can tell much about a man by the company he keeps. seems like a very reasonable list with thoughtful inclusion criteria to me. not seeing any substantial arguments against it here.

I still like the guy.

I will be really sad when he passes.

He is the one constant in the Bills organization for 50+ years.

I'd love to meet him (and tell him he better keep the Bills in WNY after he passes or he may end up burned in effigy as the most hated person in Buffalo History )

But I like him.

For a moment I just thought half of us Bills fans were imagining things.

You are. From the article itself:

Ralph Wilson doesn't have a problem spending money on high priced free agents. He also doesn't mind playing his current players to keep them in Buffalo.

Willing to spend money on free agents and current players = cheap.

What kind of fugged up logic is that?

I still like the guy.

I'd love to meet him (and tell him he better keep the Bills in WNY after he passes or he may end up burned in effigy as the most hated person in Buffalo History )

But I like him.

i hope you do meet him and he can here what you say...and i respect your opinion. i'd actually like to like him but any analysis of his tenure just leaves me cold.

I still like the guy.

But I like him.

What! No Chuck Lester ? :-)

You are. From the article itself:

Willing to spend money on free agents and current players = cheap.

What kind of fugged up logic is that?

You obviously didnt read the article? You just agreed with it and didn't even know it.

For a moment I just thought half of us Bills fans were imagining things.

Everything in me told me not to click on this thread because it would just be a load of hogwash by our ever-so-urgent-to-bash-Ralph's-cheapness resident billsfreak.

And, to no surprise, that's exactly what it is.

So, if I've got this right, Ralph is one of the 7 cheapest owners in NFL history because if his "apparent inability" to spend money on a veteran coach.

Awesome. You can't buy this kind of quality journalism.

Let's forget, for a moment, that this "article" (which is actually an overly generalized blurb from nobody-knows-who) provides zero facts, basis, or backup to its assertions of who is cheap, and examine the facts of the situation:

1) As another poster pointed out, the article submits that Ralph has "no issue" spending money on either free agents or his own players...that's not "cheap", let alone "cheapest of all time".

2) Ralph isn't "unable" to spend money on a veteran head coach. He gave Dick Jauron an above-average contract extension back in 2008, and reportedly tried to throw gobs of money at both Mike Shanahan and Bill Cowher last January. That's not "cheap", let alone "cheapest of all time".

3) Let's read that quote once more: "Wilson's inability to spend the big bucks on a great coach is the reason he lands on this list." Hold on a second...are we saying that he is physically unable to spend the money, or are we saying that he's unable to put that money to good use? Anyone that follows the team (objectively anyway) can tell you it's the latter, which isn't cheap, let alone "cheapest of all time".

I can't believe I wasted 10 minutes of my life on this...

Everything in me told me not to click on this thread because it would just be a load of hogwash by our ever-so-urgent-to-bash-Ralph's-cheapness resident billsfreak.

And, to no surprise, that's exactly what it is.

So, if I've got this right, Ralph is one of the 7 cheapest owners in NFL history because if his "apparent inability" to spend money on a veteran coach.

Awesome. You can't buy this kind of quality journalism.

Let's forget, for a moment, that this "article" (which is actually an overly generalized blurb from nobody-knows-who) provides zero facts, basis, or backup to its assertions of who is cheap, and examine the facts of the situation:

1) As another poster pointed out, the article submits that Ralph has "no issue" spending money on either free agents or his own players...that's not "cheap", let alone "cheapest of all time".

2) Ralph isn't "unable" to spend money on a veteran head coach. He gave Dick Jauron an above-average contract extension back in 2008, and reportedly tried to throw gobs of money at both Mike Shanahan and Bill Cowher last January. That's not "cheap", let alone "cheapest of all time".

3) Let's read that quote once more: "Wilson's inability to spend the big bucks on a great coach is the reason he lands on this list." Hold on a second...are we saying that he is physically unable to spend the money, or are we saying that he's unable to put that money to good use? Anyone that follows the team (objectively anyway) can tell you it's the latter, which isn't cheap, let alone "cheapest of all time".

I can't believe I wasted 10 minutes of my life on this...

I am sure you wouldn't have done anything useful with that 10 minutes anyway so quit whining. And if it took you 10 minutes to read that short article, maybe you should hit a night school instead of criticizing others on this board.

Edited by billsfreak

I am sure you wouldn't have done anything useful with that 10 minutes anyway so quit whining. And if it took you 10 minutes to read that short article, maybe you should hit a night school instead of criticizing others on this board.

Says the guy who spends his free time researching sources to back up his "Ralph is cheap" crusade.

As for 10 minutes, yes, I estimate that it took me a total of 10 minutes to click the link to the thread, click the link to the "article", read the thread in its entirety, and formulate a response.

Next?