Best chance of beating the Pats

The Bills have the greater chance of beating the Patriots in the first division game they play against them in the year. Starting from 2003 (to include the Bills last win against the Patriots), here are the scores from the first division game of the year vs the Pats: 2003: Bills 31-Pats 0, (after this, all Patriots victories), 2004: 31-17, 2005: 21-16, 2006: 19-17, 2007: 38-7, 2008: 20-10, 2009: 25-24, 2010: 38-30. With the lone Bills victory in 2003, the Patriots outscored the Bills 192-152 in the first division games of the year. Without that lone Bills victory, the Patriots outscored the Bills 192-121.

Now for the scary part, the second division games of the year vs the Pats: 2003: 31-0, 2004: 29-6, 2005: 35-7, 2006: 28-6, 2007: 56-10, 2008: 13-0, 2009: 17-10, 2010: 34-3. In that span of time, the Patriots outscored the Bills 243-36 in the second division game of the year. In every game since 2003, the Patriots outscored the Bills more in the second division game than in the first.

This shows that Belichek learns a lot from the first division game, and makes better adjustments than the Bills coaches do, which is why the streak has been going on as long as it has been.

The first step for the Bills is to finally get that first victory over the Patriots. The next step, is to be able to beat them in the second division game of the year, when the Patriots have been much better than the Bills in those games.

I knew it was ugly but good grief, that is downright embarrassing. :bag:

Exactly! In order for the Bills to beat the Pats, they're gonna need a great defense that can blow up the Pats O-line line and get after Brady all game long.

Exactly! In order for the Bills to beat the Pats, they're gonna need a great defense that can blow up the Pats O-line line and get after Brady all game long.

Yup; in the Pats* last 3 playoff games, the Giants, Ravens and Jets have clearly demonstrated how to beat them.

And yet some people here were upset that the Bills focused on defense on the draft. :doh:

In that span of time, the Patriots outscored the Bills 243-36 in the second division game of the year. This shows that Belichek learns a lot from the first division game, and makes better adjustments than the Bills coaches do, which is why the streak has been going on as long as it has been.

The first step for the Bills is to finally get that first victory over the Patriots. The next step, is to be able to beat them in the second division game of the year, when the Patriots have been much better than the Bills in those games.

Holy ass kickings Batman!!! I knew those games were bad, but DAMN!!! Those were some major butt whippings!

My hope is for the Bills to not only get a win against the Patriots, but for the Bills to blowout and embarass the Patriots in Foxboro, like they did to us, when they beat the Bills 56-10 at the Ralph.

I was at all of those home games and that 56-10 game really sticks out as being one of the most embarrassing games I've ever been to. I hate Boston now for what the Pats have done to us over the past decade or so. Thier chowder head bandwagon fans crowd Ralph Wilson Stadiu. And disrespect the City, the team, the people and make everyone hope that Boston is the first City to be sunk when the ice caps finally melt. I hate Boston and the people from the city even more. Everytime I hear the words; Caw, wataw, baw I want to punch a baby I'm so furious. Die Boston, DIE!!!!!

how do you beat the pats? Keep Brady off the field by running the ball and eating the clock, aggressive special team play and getting everything you can get out of the talent we have. Look at what Parcells did to us in our first superbowl and use that as the model. For that kind of strategy it would have been nice to have kept Lynch, but if we are going to beat the pats this year we had better do it with the runners (and run blockers) we have now.

Yup; in the Pats* last 3 playoff games, the Giants, Ravens and Jets have clearly demonstrated how to beat them.

And yet some people here were upset that the Bills focused on defense on the draft. :doh:

Exactly!! Put tons of pressure on Brady and the Pats are very beatable. The Bills have sucked in run defense and pass rush for years, especially with the Tampa 2 defense, which is another reason why the Pats have been kicking the Bills butts for a long while now.

I was at all of those home games and that 56-10 game really sticks out as being one of the most embarrassing games I've ever been to. I hate Boston now for what the Pats have done to us over the past decade or so. Thier chowder head bandwagon fans crowd Ralph Wilson Stadiu. And disrespect the City, the team, the people and make everyone hope that Boston is the first City to be sunk when the ice caps finally melt. I hate Boston and the people from the city even more. Everytime I hear the words; Caw, wataw, baw I want to punch a baby I'm so furious. Die Boston, DIE!!!!!

Until we are able to get pressure on Brady the Pats will continue to beat the shyt out of us.

Is that clear?? lol

They should have beat them in NE while they had the pretty throwback whites on. Hopefully they can compete with them , they wont win a division title until they do.

They have to be able to split with the Jets and Pats within the division to even have a shot at the playoffs. Even the most loyal Bills fan like myself think that wont happen until 2012. :(

We will win both regular season games against the Cheatriettes*.

In fact, I am picking NE* to finish 3rd in the AFC East this season, behind Buffalo and New Jersey...

19 and 0 baby!!! :thumbsup:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Fear the 'stache!!!!! B-)

post-2970-092110500 1308084840_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

These are probably the same people that thought T.O. coming here was going to get us over the hump. :rolleyes:

Edited by Van_phelaN1

You are correct about the 1st game being their best shot. Let's hope the Bills can take advantage of it.

Pressuring Brady doesn't matter because he is the greatest quarterback ever (insert sarcasm here).

We've long lacked the main things necessary to beat them which are a pass rush and a coach that can game plan against them properly. I pray we have both of those this year or it will be another butt-whoopin year for us.

What'll be interesting to watch is how Mallett progresses over time, especially if Brady gets hurt.

I'm also curious to see how much they play Solder and how well their O-Line comes together (or doesn't). The other factor is the two running backs they picked up. If they establish a serious running game, look out. Our D has got to stop the run.

how do you beat the pats? Keep Brady off the field by running the ball and eating the clock, aggressive special team play and getting everything you can get out of the talent we have. Look at what Parcells did to us in our first superbowl and use that as the model. For that kind of strategy it would have been nice to have kept Lynch, but if we are going to beat the pats this year we had better do it with the runners (and run blockers) we have now.

The Pats have a vulnerable pass rush, but have very good players to stop the run (Wilfork). If you just try to run the ball, the Pats will stack the line and stop the run. WE need a balanced offense to move the chains and not have Chan get pass happy and abandon the run when we need it. The biggest problem the past two seasons actually has not been Brady, but our inability to stop the Pats running game and the short game. Two seasons ago, Ben Jarvis had two 100 yard games and guess who it came against. The same last season...Ben Jarvis just crushed us.

Yes, I would agree with the fact that Belicheat outcoached Jauron, but so did everyone.

That being said, does anyone know Belicheat's record without Brady? I bet you it's less than .500.

In the year he won his first superbowl, he was 0-2 with Bledsoe. The only genius I can think of is that he gave us Bledsoe and Milloy. The killer was we lost Winfield probably because of it.

Who would you rather have,

Belicheck or Brady?

Holmgren or Farve?

Elway or what's his name (exactly)?

Please....